Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    Warmode was great during the first half of the expansion, so that counters your argument. The only difference was no flying, so it clearly has a big impact on world PvP.
    Wrong - the player count has also massively reduced, and the incentive to use warmode for the boost is pretty meaningless this late in the expac. Your logic is horribly flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Linuriel View Post
    And you think when literally no one participates in warmode, then it would be a success?

What is your solution here?

You people can only complain, but you never have a solution.

- - - Updated - - -

So what is your solution.
    I think you miss the point here sir. You ask us for a solution, but you are asking the wrong group.

It is not up to me (the player) to make any game feature a success. My feedback on how the feature feels bad, or the metric of my time playing that feature (unless it’s over incentivized) is the determining factor of whether a feature is a success or not.

It is up to the developers to determine how to make a feature successful. It is a complete shame that Blizzard uses player time spent on the feature as the only metric. By that metric anything could be MADE to look successful.

Add a mount achievement in game for laps around Dalaran and I bet it would have been extremely successful by their metrics. Many of us would get the mount out of extreme BOREDOM.

As I have said before, if they want PvP to be more successful; distancing PvP from PvE is the only way to go. Right now, they are so interconnected via incentives that to improve one means hurting the other. One turns to shit, it risks dragging the other down.

I don’t know you from Matthew, Mark, Luke or John; so my intention isn’t to belittle you. But your statements are completely targeting to wrong group. If you wish to receive positive feedback and solutions, you ask the people who are passionate about the topic. You don’t ask for solutions from people who quite frankly aren’t invested in the outcome in any way outside of the outcome harming their own interests.

PvP has been trash for quite some time. I view PvP success in Classic as testimony to this. Too many decisions were made to hurt (ie monetize PvP through esports) that it would take drastic measures to right the ship. And I for one do not think they have it in them to do so.

They need to completely sever the ties between PvP and PvE, move PvP to its own servers (like tournament servers), and then develop the two separately with a WoW sub granting dual access to both types of servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post

Stop your weeping. Realize that you are in the minority and either go with the solution you already got (Classic) or just continue posting what sounds like a 2year old.
    Do you have statistic to prove this? Classic should be a massive failure and the forums full of players begging for flying to be implemented if what you say is true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Wrong - the player count has also massively reduced, and the incentive to use warmode for the boost is pretty meaningless this late in the expac. Your logic is horribly flawed.
    Actually YOUR logic is horribly flawed because total player count is irrelevant since players are placed in shards with equivalent density. And then you also argue that LESS players are activating warmode after unlocking flying EZ mode? This is brainlet logic. Warmode before flying = vibrant dynamic world full of player interaction and constant world pvp. Warmode after flying = barren wasteland. I'm sure you can put two and two together.
    Last edited by Vinzora; 2019-12-13 at 09:29 PM.

If you want to show some BALLS and SKILLS- go for RBG (or even arena). There, you can fight the SAME number of people who have the SAME ilvl as you do, but probably a bit more skills tho

This comes from ex 2.8k mmr rbg leader + 2.4k arena player. That's where people show skills and tactics. Not in "warmode skirmishes" where 10+ of you gank 1 or even 2 others who quest/level their alts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Warmode used to be so active in BFA with skirmishes and group wars taking place everywhere, but then it all disappeared the day flying came out. Why? Because all players now just zoom around in invincible mode in the sky from point A to point B and only land for objectives before taking off again. This really destroys the essence of world PvP in warmode. I guess pleasing the farmers who see the world as an obstacle they'd rather bypass to get their WQ chores done asap is worth destroying the immersion and joy of world PvP? I'm not sure. Also I had so much fun with the non-stop world PvP during the first month of Classic. That wouldn't be possible with flying. I really wish they would just remove flying from warmode.
    I could not agree more!!! you are 100% right....

Flying is a Poisiong that just ruins the world and removes most interatctions in the world... if you ask me they should just remove it and call it a day, ofc they should find a way to reward people that got flying and or have alot of flying mounts, but to me flying is ruining Current wow... 100%

From the time flying came out... I have played 5% of what I used to play... the world is empty and everyone just "helicopter mode" everywhere.

Example: if humans had wings... we would close to never use our legs.... so... in an adventure game, having flying as an option is just bad
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have statistic to prove this? Classic should be a massive failure and the forums full of players begging for flying to be implemented if what you say is true.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually YOUR logic is horribly flawed because total player count is irrelevant since players are placed in shards with equivalent density. And then you also argue that LESS players are activating warmode after unlocking flying EZ mode? This is brainlet logic. Warmode before flying = vibrant dynamic world full of player interaction and constant world pvp. Warmode after flying = barren wasteland. I'm sure you can put two and two together.
    you need a number to prove to you that the majority of players do NOT engage in WPVP on Retail?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I don't want it to be a success. I have 0 stake in the race.
    Good to know. Disengaging now.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    you need a number to prove to you that the majority of players do NOT engage in WPVP on Retail?
    The entire point of this thread is that flying severely inhibits world pvp participation. Trust me there was a massive amount of world pvp going on before flying in BFA. It was amazing.

World PvP and War Mode should be removed from modern WoW. Keep this crap in Classic where it belongs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad that those of you who want flying to stay in warmode are revealing your true colors by saying you're glad that flying kills world PvP, which goes against the spirit of warmode completely. I'm pretty sure Blizzard wants world PvP to be a success. You clearly hate the game and just see it as a chore which is why you want your teleport skip button to stay in the game.
    You do realize that its you and people like you are why Wpvp died in the first place. No one wants to play with someone that behaves like you are.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Not sure about them but my solution would be this - Warmode has no other perks aside from being a PVP mode, exactly like /pvp was on PVE servers. Turn it on, you can be targeted by others who have it on. Turn it off and wait 5 mins without PVPing and you're in non-Warmode. Toggleable from anywhere, none of the "go to a given capital city" BS. When Warmode is on, you cannot fly.
    It would not work from a technical standpoint, because the people who all have warmode on are in a different shard than the people who have it off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jikate-Stormrage View Post
    I think you miss the point here sir. You ask us for a solution, but you are asking the wrong group.
    Right. You people can only shit on things, you don't actually have any solutions. Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    From the time flying came out... I have played 5% of what I used to play... the world is empty and everyone just "helicopter mode" everywhere.
    I play for one reason: raids. The rest of the game is such a poor pathetic dogshit faceroll korean grind that I would rather just have raids be entirely separated from it as their own game instead. If they didn't have potions, flasks, ap grinds, and dumb shit like benthic gear, I'd happily never actually zone out of <insert xpac major city here>. The "World" of warcraft is -by far- the worst part. Conversely, compare it to ESO. The world is absolutely the best part of that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    You do realize that its you and people like you are why Wpvp died in the first place. No one wants to play with someone that behaves like you are.
    Do you realize that the fact you admitted you hate world pvp and want it to die doesn't make your argument for flying in warmode look good?

Right. You people can only shit on things, you don't actually have any solutions. Bye.
    The only people who should be concerned with a solution are people that actually WANT something to exist. You're clearly talking to a bunch of people who have no stake in the race because they either don't care or would rather see it dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you realize that the fact you admitted you hate world pvp and want it to die doesn't make your argument for flying in warmode look good?
    If the community would rather not engage in wpvp and so clearly demonstrates that by avoiding it as much as possible, why should blizzard attempt to change their minds? "We know better and we'll prove it" is possibly the absolute worst game development philosophy out there.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post

If the community would rather not engage in wpvp and so clearly demonstrates that by avoiding it as much as possible, why should blizzard attempt to change their minds? "We know better and we'll prove it" is possibly the absolute worst game development philosophy out there.
    Because people typically don't go out looking for world pvp, it just happens spontaneously. That's the beauty of it.

It would not work from a technical standpoint, because the people who all have warmode on are in a different shard than the people who have it off.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you think it's on us to "solve" "WPvP"/WM? I've already said my solution, and it'd probably massively lower participation because only the people who actually want to turn it on would do so. That to me is a reasonably successful system. Blizzard have said many times that they don't want our solutions, though, they just want to be told what the problems are.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    The entire point of this thread is that flying severely inhibits world pvp participation. Trust me there was a massive amount of world pvp going on before flying in BFA. It was amazing.
    Yes, it inhibits cowards like you from ganking folks. With all the lies you've already told in this thread, there is no reason at all to 'trust you'. I get it, you think 3, 4, 5 on 1 is 'amazing' or what did you call it... 'magical'... Wpvp needs to go the way of the Great Auk, (if you dont know what that is, go look it up). But until that time the folks should have the option to refuse to engage.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I'm pretty sure War Mode ruined War Mode.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, you cant read and you cant tell the truth... and in nearly 10 pages you still haven't made even a marginally compelling case to remove it. In fact, everything you've uttered reinforces why it needs to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Yes, it inhibits cowards like you from ganking folks. With all the lies you've already told in this thread, there is no reason at all to 'trust you'. I get it, you think 3, 4, 5 on 1 is 'amazing' or what did you call it... 'magical'... Wpvp needs to go the way of the Great Auk, (if you dont know what that is, go look it up). But until that time the folks should have the option to refuse to engage.
    You don't understand the magic of world pvp and that's fine since you can play with warmode off. When you see that red pop up while traveling through some desolate area on the map, and the adrenaline rushes through your veins in anticipation. Nothing else in WoW can compare. Then you develop rivalries and you seek vengeance. Doesn't really happen when everyone is zooming around in godmode up in the sky.