Poll: Clicky clicky

Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    It's funny, the mainstream media is up to their usual tricks saying the only reason BOJO won was due to Russian collusion.

Article here https://amp.theguardian.com/commenti...mpression=true

The op-ed published in the British newspaper fails to disclose that both Simpson and Fritsch were paid enormous sums of money through The Democracy Integrity Project to find (or manufacture?) evidence that Russia interfered in Britain’s Brexit campaign.

They have yet to prove their case. Instead of admitting they were wrong, they will simply claim Russia collusion every time they lose an election.
    Are you really going to try to spin it this way? The same mainstream British media that was way more positive of the tories relative to labour whmo they kept smearing?
    Really?
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2019-12-13 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Are you really going to try to spin it this way? The same mainstream British media that was way more positive of the tories relative of labour who they kept smearing?
    Really?
    Or the media just likes the most sensationalist story's and your trying to find excuses just like trumps alt-riche fan Bois where when they thought they were going to loose?

Why in gods name should we belive your excuses of media bias when we didn't belive there crap?

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Considering I predicted and warned of this result. That's a large statment to say I'm batting low. Might have taken a few overs to get my eye in but that's a good half century so far.

Further more I have seen in this thread you supposed left wing people using the term retard and mentally challenged and using those terms in a derogatory way and you should be fucking ashamed that your hate and vitriol has driven you to be exactly like the people we should be fighting to stop.
    Feel free to go through my posts and look for me using the word "retard". When you don't find it, you can come back here and fucking apologise. I don't use language like that, never have, never will. I'm passing comment on what people are doing. If they are voting against their own best interests, I will damn well call them stupid for doing so. I'll call the idiots for doing so. Their actions are the problem, not the gender, age, sexuality or any other aspect of what they are.

Maybe you just thought you saw left wing people in this thread using language like that because you'd seen a report about how we do that in the media?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit off-topic, but this video thumbnail from from the news is sliiiightly unfavourable:

I mean, it already is because it shows Boris Johnson. And his hair is unfavourable by itself... but on this pic, its even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Feel free to go through my posts and look for me using the word "retard". When you don't find it, you can come back here and fucking apologise. I don't use language like that, never have, never will. I'm passing comment on what people are doing. If they are voting against their own best interests, I will damn well call them stupid for doing so. I'll call the idiots for doing so. Their actions are the problem, not the gender, age, sexuality or any other aspect of what they are.

Maybe you just thought you saw left wing people in this thread using language like that because you'd seen a report about how we do that in the media?
    No there's been several using the term retard and mentally challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    If a battered spouse keeps going back to the person that batters them, then yes, I'm going to call them mentally challenged. They've been fed lies that Brexit is going to fix all the things that are wrong, and they've chosen to believe them. They've voted a party back in that has literally been killing working people for almost a decade. Killing the disabled. Killing innocent people in tower blocks. That hasn't shown that they give a single fuck about the mass of ordinary working people in this country. You want me to play nice with people like that? Nope, they get to own the shit they've unleashed for the next 5 years, and I'll flat out call them stupid for doing so. Apparently they like voting for people that treat them like shit, so maybe this will work.
    ^is that right for you to say, calling people mentally challenged? As you have autism and your son does and I have dyspracxia and dyslexia do you really think it's right to use that kind of language. You know how much shit we face because we have mental disabilitys and being assumed to be stupid or not 100% right.

Temper your damnd arguments when your talking about the people who flipped, because Eod in 5 years we need them to flip back.

Also slightly kinda distastful using domestic violance as an analogy to politics. This is nothing like the horrors women and some men face daily at the hands of abusive partners.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    It's funny, the mainstream media is up to their usual tricks saying the only reason BOJO won was due to Russian collusion.

Article here https://amp.theguardian.com/commenti...mpression=true

The op-ed published in the British newspaper fails to disclose that both Simpson and Fritsch were paid enormous sums of money through The Democracy Integrity Project to find (or manufacture?) evidence that Russia interfered in Britain’s Brexit campaign.

They have yet to prove their case. Instead of admitting they were wrong, they will simply claim Russia collusion every time they lose an election.
    Post-truth world.

Enables me to simply dismiss you as a Russian troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope the Brits are ready for Boris to offer up your NHS on a silver platter to Trump.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Hope the Brits are ready for Boris to offer up your NHS on a silver platter to Trump.
    Going into this I thought that I would be salty as fuck. Turns out, I don't care anymore. I didn't vote for this shit, I don't have to worry about culpability anymore and me and the wife are financially secure. I'm as free as can be and my conscience is clear so do your worst Mr Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Going into this I thought that I would be salty as fuck. Turns out, I don't care anymore. I didn't vote for this shit, I don't have to worry about culpability anymore and me and the wife are financially secure. I'm as free as can be and my conscience is clear so do your worst Mr Johnson.
    Yes.

The question, though, is what % are you along that path.

I reckon I’ve moved from 50-50 pre election, to 75-25 post election.

75% of me has no more fucks to give. 25% still does.

Part of me still genuinely sympathises with those who will suffer as a result of this, even if their parents voted for it.

The problem will be when I reach 100% no more fucks to give. It is at that point that I will start evading tax / assaulting boomers etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruktai View Post
    I'm conflicted as well. I live in St Andrews and the last time around the SNP candidate only won by a mere two votes. He lost in the recent election by about a thousand to the Lib Dems. I voted SNP, mostly because the Lib Dems have proven far too keen to strike up deals with the Tories if it means securing power for themselves.

I don't want to see the union break apart since the Tories aren't going to be in power forever, though I can't deny that there's a growing disconnect between what Scottish people desire in terms of policy and government compared to what a lot of English, Northern Irish and Welsh people are pushing for.

I'm also worried about the state of the country's finances in the aftermath of breaking away from the rest of the UK. We get a lot of cash from England, after all - and unless I'm mistaken that is in large part why a lot of things play out better in Scotland than they do back in England.

I'd be all for another referendum to see if enough people truly want to leave, though.
    I'm not 100% sure but Scotland is (or was at the time of the last indyref) roughly balanced compared to the rest of the UK. They're racking up debt like the rest of us but it's roughly proportional with Scottish GDP. Any extras that might get thrown up there can be seen as compensation for the UK as a whole profiting from Scottish oil fields.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't want to project onto American politics or vice versa too much, but this strikes me as a very similar dynamic to what we see in rural American areas. Rural, working class Americans have developed a massive gap in worldview with our Democrats and when they express that, they're basically told "you're just too stupid to understand what's good for you". Quite a few of these people are from lineages of union Democrats, they're not viscerally opposed to anti-corporate messaging, but they're not going to respond well to shit like Corbyn dutifully reciting his pronouns.
    Where do Americans get their weird ideas about British politics? I don't think I've ever heard Corbyn address the problems of trans- people. In fact as a nation we seem to have avoided the obsession you lot have with pronouns other than my own personal dislike of using the word "they" for personal and impersonal, singular and plural forms.

Well, I can't speak for rural conservatives in the UK, but if rural American conservatives actually did care about what's best for them and their family they sure as hell wouldn't be voting republican.

The biggest parallel between US and UK that I've seen would be that. People voting to cause themselves pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Well, I can't speak for rural conservatives in the UK, but if rural American conservatives actually did care about what's best for them and their family they sure as hell wouldn't be voting republican.

The biggest parallel between US and UK that I've seen would be that. People voting to cause themselves pain.
    Rural Conservatives are absolutely minted mostly. The US has the advantage of alot of space and land. The uk is smaller than most of your states, we have farmers ofc, though there far from poor in the most part but most that occupy those littel picturesque villages of rural England with those nice thatched roofs have at least a couple mil packing there bank accounts to be able to afford the privilege and premium land prices of living in Nice rural areas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I'm not 100% sure but Scotland is (or was at the time of the last indyref) roughly balanced compared to the rest of the UK. They're racking up debt like the rest of us but it's roughly proportional with Scottish GDP. Any extras that might get thrown up there can be seen as compensation for the UK as a whole profiting from Scottish oil fields.

- - - Updated - - -

Where do Americans get their weird ideas about British politics? I don't think I've ever heard Corbyn address the problems of trans- people. In fact as a nation we seem to have avoided the obsession you lot have with pronouns other than my own personal dislike of using the word "they" for personal and impersonal, singular and plural forms.
    To say the Americans claim to be mostly God fearing Christians, they have an awfuly huge obsession with what's in people's pants and who there sharing a bed with.

One thing we need to keep avoiding and casting out is any right or left wing people trying to bring that form of toxic political debate into the UK.

There is nothing of value for any party on the left or right to gain by going down that road, it only serves to drag politics further into the mud and Impeed progress.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Yes.

The question, though, is what % are you along that path.

I reckon I’ve moved from 50-50 pre election, to 75-25 post election.

75% of me has no more fucks to give. 25% still does.

Part of me still genuinely sympathises with those who will suffer as a result of this, even if their parents voted for it.

The problem will be when I reach 100% no more fucks to give. It is at that point that I will start evading tax / assaulting boomers etc.
    No violence here. Just cut out of my life the worst people. Even if it means the oh so great sacrifice (sarcasm) of not going to weatherspoons for family Xmas meal where half are far right tory voting Brexiteers.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    To say the Americans claim to be mostly God fearing Christians, they have an awfuly huge obsession with what's in people's pants and who there sharing a bed with.

One thing we need to keep avoiding and casting out is any right or left wing people trying to bring that form of toxic political debate into the UK.

There is nothing of value for any party on the left or right to gain by going down that road, it only serves to drag politics further into the mud and Impeed progress.
    The only people who aren't all in on LGBTQIA+& whatever in Britain by now are the Non-Christians whom are for a variety of political reasons untouchable.

Wokeness is different in the UK. Parallels exist and in some ways Wokeness is more institutionally entrenched because speech codes and hate speech are a real concept in the UK but not the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I bumped into a quick Twitter clip of him saying, "my pronouns are him/his".

I want to be really clear that I'm not being glib when I say that I don't want to project American politics onto Britain though. I saw a thing, that doesn't make it a thing that actually matters and I'm very cognizant that I know basically nothing about localized British culture and politics. If you tell me that this just isn't a thing that matters in Britain, I flatly believe you that this isn't a thing that matters in Britain. A rando tweet isn't a good substitute for living in a place, obviously.

As a minor clarification point, I'm perfectly happy to accommodate trans people's pronouns. Misgendering people who have are clearly shooting for a given gender expression isn't something I'm shooting for.

Is that smoke from "Norsefire" I smell?

Labour got crushed. Gits trying to oppose a referendum result for 3.5 years finally got some karma.

And still you see the delusionals yelling "but nobody wants a brexit".

People obviously want a Brexit. But, what do Brexiters expect Brexit to do exactly? Specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    People obviously want a Brexit. But, what do Brexiters expect Brexit to do exactly? Specifically.
    Roll the demographics back to the 70s and bring back prosperity to these abandoned towns because it was the EU that has slowly strangled the life from them and not 40 years of Thatcherism.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Roll the demographics back to the 70s and bring back prosperity to these abandoned towns because it was the EU that has slowly strangled the life from them and not 40 years of Thatcherism.
    The hilarious thing in the next couple of years will be the steady cull of unicorns as the realisation dawns that they won't get any of the benefits the Brexit crew promised them. Boris is going to end up as the Pol Pot of unicorns when this shit plays out.

I've got my popcorn. I've washed my hands. The Brexit guys have decided that they know what they want, and they've elected a government to get it for them. Good luck to them, because they are really going to need it.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.