Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Yeah I have absolutely no idea how it works but try on one - reveal a key for some random game, and then don't redeem it. It will disappear off the list of unredeemed keys then because it's assuming you are redeeming it, but check back in like a week or two, and it'll still be back. I don't actually know the timeline for when it comes back, though.

I'm sure this requires your Steam account be linked to your HB account. I suppose you could just unlink it entirely but that seems like a pain.
    I don't think there is any public API that makes that possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    I don't think there is any public API that makes that possible.
    Maybe it only checks your own library if it's public and can't tell if it's been redeemed elsewhere. But I mean, you don't have to believe me. Test it.

edit: the googles seem to indicate this is how it works and it just checks your own library to see if you ave it
    Last edited by Tziva; 2019-12-14 at 12:00 AM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Maybe it only checks your own library if it's public and can't tell if it's been redeemed elsewhere.
    Thanks for the info. I'm just trying to get to the fact of whether humblebundle.com is able to determine if a Steam key is redeemed or not. Based on my usage of the Steam API, I don't think it is possible. So I don't think humblebundle.com is capable of determining if a key is redeemed or not.
    Last edited by Woogs; 2019-12-13 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the info. I'm just trying to get to the fact of whether humblebundle.com is able to determine if a Steam key is redeemed or not. Based on my usage of the Steam API, I don't think it is possible. So I don't think humblebundle.com is capable of determining if a key is redeemed or not.
    I cannot tell you the mechanism for how it is done , if it has limitations, or if it is merely guessing based on data that is available via the api, I can only say if you hit 'reveal key' on a key that is not in your library and don't redeem that key, it will reappear in your unredeemed key list later, while if you do use it it will not. It's entirely possible that the system can't actually tell if that specific key has been used and is only making an educated guess based on whether it has subsequently turned up in your library since hitting 'reveal key'.

And again, it's fine you don't believe me because you don't think steam has API calls for that, but this is something you can literally test yourself.

| twitch | bsky
    |

I cannot tell you the mechanism for how it is done , if it has limitations, or if it is merely guessing based on data that is available via the api, I can only say if you hit 'reveal key' on a key that is not in your library and don't redeem that key, it will reappear in your unredeemed key list later, while if you do use it it will not. It's entirely possible that the system can't actually tell if that specific key has been used and is only making an educated guess based on whether it has subsequently turned up in your library since hitting 'reveal key'.

And again, it's fine you don't believe me because you don't think steam has API calls for that, but this is something you can literally test yourself.
    All I'm here to say is: "There is no way, through the Steam API, to determine if a Steam key is redeemed or not." If Humble Bundle says that the key is redeemed, it doesn't know for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I'm here to say is: "There is no way, through the Steam API, to determine if a Steam key is redeemed or not." If Humble Bundle says that the key is redeemed, it doesn't know for sure.
    I've made it pretty clear in multiple posts that I'm not claiming it works this way or that HB knows "for sure," so I don't know why this is even an argument.

ANYWAY. Sorry for the derail folks.

Back to the Spiritfarer demo.

| twitch | bsky
    |

They stay on humblebundle.com/home/keys until they are redeemed, even if you reveal the key. That's where I want them gone from; it makes seeing what games I have available to hand out involve a lot of digging through stuff no one wants.
    Okay. I'm respectively replying to the tangent starter. This statement is not true. Lets move on.

I've made it pretty clear in multiple posts that I'm not claiming it works this way or that HB knows "for sure," so I don't know why this is even an argument.
    I have similar experiences as well. Any key that isn't redeemed stays there, even if I've revealed the key. Not sure how it works either, but from what I've seen it's pretty accurate.

So, steam's winter sale should pop up on december 19.
    Soon (tm)!

Anyone prepping their card sets?

HB jingle jam progress,. disappointing.
    https://www.humblebundle.com/yogscas...ingle-jam-2019

Various games which were given out for free in the past.
    Ends in 12 days,
    1 more day to be added.
    Last edited by bbr; 2019-12-19 at 05:02 PM.

For once i didn't charge my pre paid card for the steam sale, but i'm in no rush this year. I have my hands full with a couple of games but my cart is ready, i'm going to buy Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Dusk and Amid Evil.... at this point of my gaming life i just want to play old school games. :P
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Steam winter sale is live !
    (slow as usual)
    Be sure to vote on the game awards for free cards, xp etc.

And you can craft badges for bonus winter sale cards.
    https://store.steampowered.com/explore/ : 3 cards if you cant find the link
    Last edited by bbr; 2019-12-19 at 07:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't seem like that long from the last sale to now. Has time really flown that quickly or was there not as much space between sales as normal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    It doesn't seem like that long from the last sale to now. Has time really flown that quickly or was there not as much space between sales as normal?
    It's been what, 3 weeks?
    Black Friday and Christmas are pretty close together, and Steam like to do sales

10+ Year Old Account
    I said nothing in the Winter Sale looked that good to me or had good enough discounts, but then I turned around and spent like $30 soooo I guess I am full of shit.

Got Baba is You, which wasn't a huge discount but was still reasonably priced for a game that everyone (and the critics) were so fond of. I like puzzle games so probably money well spent.

I snagged a quirky game called Speed Dating for Ghosts which mostly just looked silly and weird -- even though I hate dating sims -- but I kinda loved it. I finished it and its (included) DLC already. Only a couple hours of gameplay but worth the $3.50

A coworker bought me Disco Elysium which I had been wanting but couldn't justify the cost. I'll have to crack that open next week.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    HB jingle jam progress,. disappointing.
    https://www.humblebundle.com/yogscas...ingle-jam-2019

Various games which were given out for free in the past.
    Bastion is great, but old and I imagine almost all of us already own it. Most of the other games don't look that compelling.

I'm passing on it this year.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if people still hate Epic or not but they are doing their 12 days of free games thing. Yesterday was Into the Breach so already out of luck on that one but today is Towerfall and I have read that tomorrow may be Superhot. They also have this endless $10 off thing. You get a $10 off coupon to use on any game $14.99 or more and if you buy something, they give you another coupon. I picked up Control for about $30 with it.

Not sure I will buy anything else this sale season. Tempted to pick up the RE2 remake off of Steam though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    They also have this endless $10 off thing. You get a $10 off coupon to use on any game $14.99 or more and if you buy something, they give you another coupon.
    Yeah that is pretty cool. A lot better then steam where you have to buy the $5 coupon with the sale currency. Not really anything I want to pick up but I might get Outer Worlds. Lately I've tended to buy most games years later when they are on a big discount unless I am really excited. I will have to check all the sites for any lego games $10 and under. They always seem to give me great entertainment.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Tempted to pick up the RE2 remake off of Steam though.
    DEFINITELY worth the 20 bucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I was eyeballing Control myself...

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say, I'm extremely disappointed with the Steam Winter sale. None of the games on my wishlist are at insta-buy prices. Most of them are only 10-20% off, which isn't enough for a major sale like this. Those are percents for between major sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

It seems that this is common during the past few major sales - ever since they removed the flash deals during the sales, and also started offering many more games on sale during the year. Most games in my wishlist have been cheaper on Steam in the past than they are now. Though there are a few good deals as well.