Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    If I wouldn't know better, I'd say this is inspired by real life...
    Great, now I have mixed feelings, because I love Gallywix!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Great, now I have mixed feelings, because I love Gallywix!
    Hey, I love Gallywix, too. As a fictional anti-protagonist/antagonist character.

I do hope he occasionally comes back, villain-of-the-week style, trying to get control of the Bilgewater back, giving us some reason to thwart him.
    Although at least the current format of WoW doesn't really allow for that kind of (recurring) storytelling. At most there could be dailies/WQs in some pool during which Galliwyx appears or is mentioned as the instigator.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember gazlowe taking over or gallywix going with sylvy, do you have to take sylvanas side in order to see it? I didn't follow that dumb cunt. Gallywix is 1 of the VERY few WoW characters with an actual fucking personality, and a funny one at that, so its a big yikes getting rid of him.

Hey, I love Gallywix, too. As a fictional anti-protagonist/antagonist character.

I do hope he occasionally comes back, villain-of-the-week style, trying to get control of the Bilgewater back, giving us some reason to thwart him.
    Although at least the current format of WoW doesn't really allow for that kind of (recurring) storytelling. At most there could be dailies/WQs in some pool during which Galliwyx appears or is mentioned as the instigator.
    I'd love a recurring world quest where we shoot him down from the sky in a flying machine and as his sputtering, smoking flying machine flies away, he cries "we'll meet again, heroooo!" as he disappears in the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I'd love a recurring world quest where we shoot him down from the sky in a flying machine and as his sputtering, smoking flying machine flies away, he cries "we'll meet again, heroooo!" as he disappears in the horizon.
    Exactly!
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Isn't Gazlowe with the Steamwheedle? Why would he replace Gallywix?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen of Lordaeron View Post
    Isn't Gazlowe with the Steamwheedle? Why would he replace Gallywix?
    Follow the plot. He has been with the steamwheedle cartel and been independent for a while, but he's now signed up fully with the horde. And why is this some kind of surprise? He built orgrimmar, twice, so he working with the horde to now siding with them fully is natural

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Follow the plot. He has been with the steamwheedle cartel and been independent for a while, but he's now signed up fully with the horde. And why is this some kind of surprise? He built orgrimmar, twice, so he working with the horde to now siding with them fully is natural
    I didn't see Gazlowe replacing Gallywix in the recent plot, was it a war campaign epilogue or something? Last I saw Gazlowe was Mechagon.

And it's a surprise because why would they make an independent goblin head of their cartel instead of an actual Bilgewater goblin? Him joining the Horde isn't a surprise; a completely different goblin cartel making him their leader is.

Although, I guess it's less ridiculous than Thrall making Garrosh warchief out of the blue.

It's kind of funny how Thrall basically said he would keep an eye on Gallywix when he "recruited" him in Cataclysm, and then despite Gallywix being directly north of Orgrimmar he basically ended up having no supervision. It would be nice to see the goblins replace the pleasure palace and Bilgewater harbor to somewhere a little further out as currently neither are being used as capitols. The Lost Isles being reclaimed and re-purposed into a port like Bilgewater harbor was supposed to be with a lot of blimps & boats going everywhere (Boats for Echo Isles, Zandalar, Ratchet, Booty Bay, and Vashj'ir. With Blimps for Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff, Silvermoon, and Grom'gol) ... it would make for a pretty useful nest for travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen of Lordaeron View Post
    I didn't see Gazlowe replacing Gallywix in the recent plot, was it a war campaign epilogue or something? Last I saw Gazlowe was Mechagon.
    Technically it's only happening officially in 8.3, but around here that's basically established history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically it's only happening officially in 8.3, but around here that's basically established history.
    No wonder its so confusing

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I 100% agree with Gazlowe leading the goblins. Always wanted him over Gallywix. My mage went loyalist though, didn't see anything about Gallywix in ghostlands. Must have missed him.
    I'm still trying to figure out when Gazlowe wound up in the bilgewater cartel. I know he's been running Ratchet and had ties to the horde since Orgrimmar was being founded. It just seems like someone went "Well... he's a goblin!" and put him in charge at some point in the story.

edit:

It's a minor detail that could be ignored I guess... but the Bilgewater Cartel and the Steemwheedle Cartel aren't that intertwined to my knowledge. Though since Voss also wound up in the Forsaken rather awkwardly between Legion and BFA I just assume that they started noticing they don't have enough horde characters to replace the ones they're writing off and just grabbed whoever shoved them in without paying much attention.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2019-12-15 at 04:02 AM.

While most Horde Goblins were in the Bilgewater Cartel, many could be disillusioned with Galliwyx after escaping Kezan.
    Gazlowe working exclusively for the Horde for years could also have brought a certain number of (former) Steamwheedle Goblins into the Horde, also raising his reputation with the Bilgewater.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out when Gazlowe wound up in the bilgewater cartel. I know he's been running Ratchet and had ties to the horde since Orgrimmar was being founded. It just seems like someone went "Well... he's a goblin!" and put him in charge at some point in the story.

edit:

It's a minor detail that could be ignored I guess... but the Bilgewater Cartel and the Steemwheedle Cartel aren't that intertwined to my knowledge. Though since Voss also wound up in the Forsaken rather awkwardly between Legion and BFA I just assume that they started noticing they don't have enough horde characters to replace the ones they're writing off and just grabbed whoever shoved them in without paying much attention.
    Yeah. in My headcanon I just tell myself that the Bilgewater cartel "officially" disbanded or left the Horde with Gallywix and the Goblins that stayed behind aren't affiliated with a specific Cartel and just consider themselves Horde.

It's loose and hardly covers anything well enough though; it would be nice if there was some short story to show Gazlowe bringing in the Goblins into the greasemonkies or just granting them all Ratchet citizenship or even naming a new cartel. /shrug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Yeah. in My headcanon I just tell myself that the Bilgewater cartel "officially" disbanded or left the Horde with Gallywix and the Goblins that stayed behind aren't affiliated with a specific Cartel and just consider themselves Horde.

It's loose and hardly covers anything well enough though; it would be nice if there was some short story to show Gazlowe bringing in the Goblins into the greasemonkies or just granting them all Ratchet citizenship or even naming a new cartel. /shrug.
    even then. Ratchet is neutral territory under a different cartel... that Gazlowe should be part of instead.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    even then. Ratchet is neutral territory under a different cartel... that Gazlowe should be part of instead.
    I thought Gazlowe ran/owned Ratchet, as opposed to just living there/being a part of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

I thought Gazlowe ran/owned Ratchet, as opposed to just living there/being a part of it?
    He does. Ratchet has always been Neutral. Gazlowe turned horde with BFA in a similar manner to how Voss turned Forsaken... which seems like the writer on those stories just lumped them in with groups they resembled instead of paying attention to existing details.

edit:

Ratchet fell under the Steemwheedle Cartel. As did Gazlowe. I'm saying that in the more recent stories this fact has been ignored because he's a goblin and horde have goblins that he's viewed as horde and shifted into the Bilgewater Cartel despite any real proper reasoning for that shift. Sort of like making Rogers or Wyrmbane a major figure in Kul Tiras cause they're humans eager to fight the enemies of the alliance.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2019-12-16 at 08:43 PM.

He does. Ratchet has always been Neutral. Gazlowe turned horde with BFA [...]
    As has been mentioned multiple times in this thread, it wasn't a sudden shift, but a gradual one going on since the Orcs first arrived in Kalimdor.

As has been mentioned multiple times in this thread, it wasn't a sudden shift, but a gradual one going on since the Orcs first arrived in Kalimdor.
    The 'sudden' part is how he was soundly neutral, officially, even in Legion. BFA rolls up and BOOM horde!

He's always leaned horde, yes. He has had dealings with the horde and has been a long time neighbor in close proximity. this all does not, however, make him horde... let alone that he was NEVER established as part of the bilgewater cartel prior to BFA.

You can say it was a gradual thing... but we see the events go him being Steemwheedle to... suddenly a totally different cartel's trade prince. THIS is the sudden revelation that is awkward. I'm of the opinion this is a similar FUBAR as Genn's "Tail" Worgen do not have tails. A certain author had to be made aware of this fact