Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Im getting an urge to lvl my DK. Havent played it since forever

15+ Year Old Account
    Why they nerfed contrition? It has been more useless than useless last time I've checked.

Everyone : plz bring back quivers for hunters or librams for Paladins.

Blizzard : we are looking into that and working on it.

Also Blizzard some time later : here have a backpack cosmetic KEKW

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post

Yeah, pretty sure every Hunter that ever asked for quivers is pissed off right now, and I kind of feel for them.
    I’ve always mained a Hunter but never really cared, and even with that I think it’s kind of dumb.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

But then again, players have asked for Backpacks for a looooong time.

Should have increased bagspace tho

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Yeah, pretty sure every Hunter that ever asked for quivers is pissed off right now, and I kind of feel for them.
    I’ve always mained a Hunter but never really cared, and even with that I think it’s kind of dumb.
    If I want a quiver I can just log onto Classic, and then facepalm when my melee animation bugs out and I'm literally swinging my quiver with Wingclip and Raptor Strike.
    I'd honestly prefer the ability to transmog the Marksman hunter bow as BM, instead I'll settle for Thori'dal and no quiver in BFA
    PS: Vulpera Hunter looks 10/10 with Thori'dal.

It says alot about the state of the game; when people get excited over a basic-looking backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Filipse View Post
    It says alot about the state of the game; when people get excited over a basic-looking backpack.
    This all stems from their age old preference for deciding how characters look based on the COMPANY'S vision, and not the player.

This philosophy has been, I'd argue, extraordinarily detrimental to the game with each passing year. Cosmetic items should have started arriving in Burning Crusade, and the character creation system redone in Vanilla, BC at the latest with the new races. Each passing year made it more and more and MORE difficult to fix. And, let's be clear, every company I've worked for would rather spend 4x the money kicking a can down the road then the 1x just biting the bullet.

It's 2020 in a few weeks. TWENTY-TWENTY. And during January of that year we will be UNABLE to change character's eye color from their facial features. EVEN AFTER AN APPEARANCE UPGRADE IN WARLORDS.

REALLY?! That was the PERFECT TIME to lay the groundwork for that! I hope, desperately hope, that they put in code in the background to support breaking up features because if they didn't they will now have to GO BACK and retool appearances AGAIN.

And I haven't even addressed stuff like backpacks, pouches, quivers, and other cosmetic clothing. Why are we still waiting for fantasy staples like HOODED CLOAKS. Why can't my character buy a simple textured shirt that has a TURTLENECK. I've wanted to be able to buy a friggin' turtleneck since Wrath! WRATH!

Why don't we have more earrings? More piercings? Why CAN'T my human character wear Kal'dorei earrings? Why can't my orc berserker sport a sweet Tauren nosering? Why don't we have visible necklaces and rings? Why are we still waiting for basic tattoos and body paint for core races?

... okay, I'm done, I think, but the lack of creativity surrounding player customization is staggering.

When players first saw the backpack from RAF:

Randoms: - REEEEEEE they put it behind a paywall they and their children all need to die in a fire!!!!
    Me: - ... No way they'd let such a thing go to waste in 1 single area of the game, have you never seen their fondness of reusing art assets or something?
    Randoms: - White Knight shill ur the reason teh game sucks!!!

Me now: - Huehue, told ya'll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Filipse View Post
    This insipid point = deserves to die in a fire.

First of all, "basic"... We've never had Backpack transmog before, not many examples to draw from.
    Customization and cosmetics being important, has been driven by the playerbase for so many titles at this point that I'm amazed there are still people such as yourself clinging to this delusion that it's somehow a bad thing for players to be excited about. As someone literally not enjoying BfA, the first time I've felt this way about the game, I have a ton of points as to why it's not working for me. The cosmetics side, is not one of them. In fact, they should keep iterating upon it and make more options, more features, more freedom.

It doesn't say fuck all about the state of the game though that players are excited for more options, since cosmetics always had players excited no matter which version, even WoD. Ever heard of the old Vanilla phenomenon of players tryharding to get a full tier set just to look cool in cities despite using other pieces for performance?

Yeah, it begun back then for this game. Other games have known it for even longer. Cosmetics are a great way of keeping players engaged. An MMORPG without that, would be dead on arrival.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-12-14 at 01:42 AM.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=175246/...liver-of-nzoth

and

https://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=...rvant-of-nzoth

Just quoting the very best part of the news, anything else really does not matter at all.

So much fun times hearing confused complaints of your own guys you just sent to the shadowlands right now, when this hits live and people do not remember timless isle anymore or that little episode in legion with the falcosaurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnagefiend View Post
    This all stems from their age old preference for deciding how characters look based on the COMPANY'S vision, and not the player.

This philosophy has been, I'd argue, extraordinarily detrimental to the game with each passing year. Cosmetic items should have started arriving in Burning Crusade, and the character creation system redone in Vanilla, BC at the latest with the new races. Each passing year made it more and more and MORE difficult to fix. And, let's be clear, every company I've worked for would rather spend 4x the money kicking a can down the road then the 1x just biting the bullet.

It's 2020 in a few weeks. TWENTY-TWENTY. And during January of that year we will be UNABLE to change character's eye color from their facial features. EVEN AFTER AN APPEARANCE UPGRADE IN WARLORDS.

REALLY?! That was the PERFECT TIME to lay the groundwork for that! I hope, desperately hope, that they put in code in the background to support breaking up features because if they didn't they will now have to GO BACK and retool appearances AGAIN.

And I haven't even addressed stuff like backpacks, pouches, quivers, and other cosmetic clothing. Why are we still waiting for fantasy staples like HOODED CLOAKS. Why can't my character buy a simple textured shirt that has a TURTLENECK. I've wanted to be able to buy a friggin' turtleneck since Wrath! WRATH!

Why don't we have more earrings? More piercings? Why CAN'T my human character wear Kal'dorei earrings? Why can't my orc berserker sport a sweet Tauren nosering? Why don't we have visible necklaces and rings? Why are we still waiting for basic tattoos and body paint for core races?

... okay, I'm done, I think, but the lack of creativity surrounding player customization is staggering.
    Holy fuck. I do not believe there is a single person in this game who actually gives a single, solitary fuck about whether their characters eye colour can be changed separately to their facial features, and it's even less possible to believe that someone would care whether a certain race of character can wear earrings from another race. I really hope this game never stoops to ridiculous Skyrim/GW2-style customization options - I'd far rather a single additional frame per second than to have the option to adjust my character's eyebrow height. What an inane thing to care about in an MMO where you see your characters face less than 5% of the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Holy fuck. I do not believe there is a single person in this game who actually gives a single, solitary fuck about whether their characters eye colour can be changed separately to their facial features
    Hello. I am that person.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Hello. I am that person.
    Then I honestly can't understand why on Earth you would choose to play WoW then. It's like me choosing to play the newest FIFA game and complaining that it isn't NFL. WoW has never been good at, focused on, or even attempted to have deep character customization. The design goal is for the game to function as well as possible on any machine, so wasting polygons/server resources on frivolous shit like fifteen different eye colours would instantly undermine that. There are plenty of games on the market that do focus on character customization, some even in the same genre (GW2, for example - FF14 maybe, never played it), and you're free to play those.

WoW has never been good at, focused on, or even attempted to have deep character customization. The design goal is for the game to function as well as possible on any machine, so wasting polygons/server resources on frivolous shit like fifteen different eye colours would instantly undermine that. There are plenty of games on the market that do focus on character customization, some even in the same genre (GW2, for example - FF14 maybe, never played it), and you're free to play those.
    Yikes, spent a lot of time in the salt mines.

Firstly, you claim WoW has never been good at customization. Yeah, no s**t, that was the point of my entire post.

Secondly, you want to argue that the game is about conserving resources. Sure, I can grant that for Vanilla, but the fact that they have raised minimal system specs since that time makes your counter argument completely moot. So, they're investigating adding ray-tracing to the engine, but making a grayscale eye texture reference blue instead of brown is asking too much?

Do you have any idea how absurd you sound? Then you conclude that the playerbase shouldn't want to have customization (based on what, YOUR tastes?) even after its revealed at Blizzcon that Blizzard feels they're overdue for more customization and more player choice?

You understand that such a reveal completely undermines everything you've posted. So, in light of that fact, perhaps you are the one that should feel free to play something else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Then I honestly can't understand why on Earth you would choose to play WoW then. It's like me choosing to play the newest FIFA game and complaining that it isn't NFL. WoW has never been good at, focused on, or even attempted to have deep character customization. The design goal is for the game to function as well as possible on any machine, so wasting polygons/server resources on frivolous shit like fifteen different eye colours would instantly undermine that. There are plenty of games on the market that do focus on character customization, some even in the same genre (GW2, for example - FF14 maybe, never played it), and you're free to play those.
    I like customization. I like adding flavor to my own characters.
    But hey, nothing wrong if you like playing with a clone army where everyone looks the same.
    You should play Diablo 3, theres no character customization there

Go. Be happy
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Will that "N'lyeth, Sliver of N'Zoth" item be like that in MoP to acquire blood coins for the mount and pet?

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Imagine that blizz made a backpack mog ! but they still havent made any quiver or ammo pouch for hunters :/ id be pissed if i mained a hunter
    My hunter has a Quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnagefiend View Post
    Yikes, spent a lot of time in the salt mines.
    Lol are you for real man? Re-read your first post and if you haven't overdosed on iodine by the fifth random all-caps word come back and apologise for this ridiculous call.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    But hey, nothing wrong if you like playing with a clone army where everyone looks the same.
    You should play Diablo 3, theres no character customization there
    You people are beyond the pale. WoW's existing customisation isn't even close to a "clone army where everyone looks the same". There are thousands of combinations for every race already, split across twenty-one races and two genders for each. If that's not enough for you, there are tens of thousands of different gear pieces spanning almost sixteen years of content which you can freely transmog with very few restrictions. It is absolutely farcical to suggest that WoW even comes close to a "clone army". If you're going to tell me that you look closely enough at every character you see to be able to determine whether they're using face 3 with blue eyes or green eyes or nose width 2 or ear height 11 then you are absolutely in a fringe, 0.1% group of players that no developer should design a game around.

One does not cancel the other out.

This is 100% the road forward. Making shit ALL classes can use should come before making shit only for one class.
    Also: Quivers are a thing already for MM. Not as customizable as they should be, but a stepping stone on the way.

Then I honestly can't understand why on Earth you would choose to play WoW then.
    WoW is a MMORPG. It's all about character progression, and customization is literally part of that. You're really stretching this out to be "right" ... Sad.