Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    At one point in the video he quotes somebody else saying "the modern gamer is optimizing the fun right out of the game". I was shocked at how many people came into Classic WoW treating it like a super race to experience as a narrow tunnel running as fast as possible. People...it's a 15 year old game that has already been figured out 6 ways from Sunday, slow down, have fun and meet some of those great people that have a personality beyond just this game.

Quote Originally Posted by BaronRivendare View Post
    I like this retrospective and tend to agree. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPkYDdVcqgQ
    *rage* *dies* *rage* yes I play warrior ;P I love it..and I hate it

It's fun if your friends are playing it. Game itself is quite a mess, but who cares.
    (suprisingly similiar to my tldr for every other wow content^^)
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    So why do you keep doing WQ, raid farm, etc
    I love this - talk about the definition of looking for a fight. The VERY FIRST thing you did when asked your opinion on CLASSIC, was to attack retail. This - for anyone asking why people think the classic community is toxic - its this type of bullshit.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "You Can't Go Home Again." ~Thomas Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    the classic community is MUCH better than retails
    I disagree entirely, and find the classic fans to be the most toxic pit of rabid fanbois pushing agendas and attacking anyone who DARE not agree with their opinion. Thats my opinion on classic - Game is similar to what it was at launch, the "fans" are the absolute worst.

Just look at these very forums - compare the front pages. One will contain open discussion and varied opinions - the other one is the classic forum.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2019-12-14 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    the classic community is MUCH better than retails
    You have to compare? I mean seriously what is this moron thing to *this is not good, but hey retail/vanilla sucks much more*...
    What are your measure points?
    How do you objectively compare community?
    Do you even put effort to have a community on retail?
    "Retail community sucks" - does nothing to be in a community...

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I love this - talk about the definition of looking for a fight. The VERY FIRST thing you did when asked your opinion on CLASSIC, was to attack retail. This - for anyone asking why people think the classic community is toxic - its this type of bullshit.
    I think you're reading more emotion into that question than is really there. If you like retail more than Classic then why even be on the Classic forum and not playing retail right now?

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    I think you're reading more emotion into that question than is really there. If you like retail more than Classic then why even be on the Classic forum and not playing retail right now?
    OH dear.....oh no......please tell me you didnt just post that absolute shambles of word salad....

Watch this - I'll destroy your entire argument in one sentence "if you like classic more than retail then why even be on the classic forum and not playing classic right now?"........OOF.

You need to think stuff through before hitting the post button.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    level to 60 and then quit like me.

The game is absolutely pointless after 60. Might as well play retail where your achievements slightly matter.
    I agree that there isnt to much to do at 60,but what do you mean by achievments matter more in retail?

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    You have to compare? I mean seriously what is this moron thing to *this is not good, but hey retail/vanilla sucks much more*...
    What are your measure points?
    How do you objectively compare community?
    Do you even put effort to have a community on retail?
    "Retail community sucks" - does nothing to be in a community...
    The social systems in retail more often lead to apathy or rage simply because there is very little community consequences for that attitude. I immediately started seeing this shift when LFD came out and then even more when LFR came out and even more when CRZ came out. I'm not saying that people can't be assholes or they will not have a bad day, but Classic social systems are better than retail for bringing out the best in people.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I don't? I'm not currently subscribed.

I will probably come back for 8.3 and then for Shadowlands, though, so when I do do it's because the content is new. Then, when it's not new and is no longer entertaining I no longer do it. Strange concept!
    To me Classic feels more fresh than any other expansion. Sure it's dated to an extent but lots of things to discover and do. Can't say the same for later expansions, except maybe TBC.

OH dear.....oh no......please tell me you didnt just post that absolute shambles of word salad....

Watch this - I'll destroy your entire argument in one sentence "if you like classic more than retail then why even be on the classic forum and not playing classic right now?"........OOF.

You need to think stuff through before hitting the post button.
    At least I'm not hunting down people in a game i don't play just to tell them there game sucks...of course you just prove that retail people are more toxic than Classic.

I disagree entirely, and find the classic fans to be the most toxic pit of rabid fanbois pushing agendas and attacking anyone who DARE not agree with their opinion. Thats my opinion on classic - Game is similar to what it was at launch, the "fans" are the absolute worst.

Just look at these very forums - compare the front pages. One will contain open discussion and varied opinions - the other one is the classic forum.
    noticed this myself,granted I stoped focusing on classic a few weeks after 60,but from my experience so far it does indeed seem to have a louder larger toxic comunity,maybe its a result of the lack of actual ingame activities

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    noticed this myself,granted I stoped focusing on classic a few weeks after 60,but from my experience so far it does indeed seem to have a louder larger toxic comunity,maybe its a result of the lack of actual ingame activities
    I think you're confusing the much smaller amount of players on your retail server and the complete social apathy brought on by anti-community systems in retail with toxicity. If you are looking for toxicity though i'm sure you could find it on the most benign game.

you want to play with others everywhere

bigger focus on the journey

I don’t play either, both communities are toxic.

Plus a lot of people don’t have anything going for them, they just complain about work and then they play wow to escape.

I rather hang out with people doing things for their life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Classic feels like scummy bfa. 100% intended just to get players motivated to appreciate the work on retail.

You wanted true nilla feeling? Well you were too late. Those servers has been closed and destroyed, so there is no active comparison, between ages of developing for a good nilla server and classic, the bfa replicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    Mograine EU is the absolute worst!
    Haha my server. Lots of tryhards there indeed.

Anyhow OT: back to twinking 19 and 29 (planning on Enh 39 as well) and raid / pvp pugs at 60 on my feral main. Fun times and basically back to WoW. I will be honest, if BC servers are out at some point, i will move there in a heartbeat and roll warlock though. BC is just the -better- Classic imo.

Got a shaman to 60. Found out my server is 1 Horde - 3 Alliance and pretty much gave up after getting halfway through MC.

Leveling a Rogue and Paladin on the side, both past 45.

Duo leveling with a friend playing a Warrior with his Paladin. Both 43 but he isn't good @ PVP so we've slowed down significantly.

Haven't touched a BG yet and hoping to have the rogue or warrior ready for BWL on release.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."