Poll: Best WoW Expansion of THIS decade?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    No it's not. Also MoP= quality+quantity, well thought through systems, balanced and varied content and progression paths
    BFA= quantity, quantity, quantity. Mindnumbing grind doesn't equal content, broken systems from the get go, everything basically live Beta

When WoD Beta was released I had the premonition MoP would be the last properly crafted WoW xpac. I wished I was wrong. Unfortunately I wasnt....
    You clearly have rose-tinted glasses.
    Let me tell you what you could do at max level:

Raids (present at every expansion)
    Dungeons - nope, they were useless
    Challenge modes - one time unless you had more alts.
    PVP (present at every expansion) - minus skirmshes
    Farm - do I even need to mention it was boring grind?
    Scenarios - even more boring grind since you had to do it for valor points
    Brawlers guild - yes it was good idea but it lasted maximum of week.
    Farming reps - cause there was NOTHING else to do.

Aside from that
    - farming frogs
    - farming cloak on alts
    - doing battle pets.
    - achievements
    - farming valor points

MoP was in NO FUKKEN CLOSE to quality. It was pure garbage quantity.

Now aside from having all that we had before (minus challenge modes):
    - Secrets - yep, more fun than most shit we had before
    - Islands - yes a lot of people like it
    - Warfronts - boring as fuck but optional
    - M+ - probably the best game mode added since the begining of wow.
    - World quests if you are in that kind of stuff.
    - Mechagon and Nazjatar similar to timeless isle

Also class design was garbage

So no, you are simply delusional.

Legion by far. I will never understand why MoP got so retrospectively popular in recent years. It was about as universally despised as BfA is now when it was current. I guess people have short term memories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linuriel View Post
    The decade is 2011-2020
    The decade is 2010-2019, hence why every website and publication is currently doing "Best X of the Decade" lists.

The current expansion is always hated.
    The current expansion is always criticized, because Blizzard hasn't yet made an expansion without flaws. The only expansions that have been hated are Cata, WoD, and BfA. Justifiably so, I'd say... though I do think Cata gets more hate than it deserves. The early content was fantastic, Firelands was good, and class design/systems design (to me the most important aspects of an expansion) were really good. It just suffered because Dragon Soul sucked, the leveling sucked, and it ruined the old world imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Legion by far. I will never understand why MoP got so retrospectively popular in recent years. It was about as universally despised as BfA is now when it was current. I guess people have short term memories.
    This just isn't true. It had faults, as every expansion does, and it was criticized for those faults. It was not hated except by the anti-panda circlejerk.
    Last edited by Marxman; 2019-12-15 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Yeah people even forget how garbage legion was with all that AP farming, legendary garbage RNG - worst in history, camera changes. Guess people forgot about it already.
    Legion was even more hated when it was current.

The decade is 2011-2020

- - - Updated - - -

The current expansion is always hated.
    The decade started with 2010 ends with 2019... >.>

2000-2009
    1990-1999
    2010-2019
    All decades end in 9 and start in 0. Hence why 2010-2020 is ten years which means decade. 2010-2021 would be a decade and a year. Wikipedia will show you if you have trouble understanding still with processing
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    The current expansion is always criticized, because Blizzard hasn't yet made an expansion without flaws. The only expansions that have been hated are Cata, WoD, and BfA. Justifiably so, I'd say... though I do think Cata gets more hate than it deserves. The early content was fantastic, Firelands was good, and class design/systems design (to me the most important aspects of an expansion) were really good. It just suffered because Dragon Soul sucked, the leveling sucked, and it ruined the old world imo.
    No dude, Legion was hated probably the most. I havent seen bigger shitstorm on forum than legiondary softcap, and actually contender was camera changes, multiple capped threads about it. Both happened in legion. I don't even need to start how alt and offspec unfriendly it was.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2019-12-15 at 02:37 AM.

BFA's my favourite, even with a complete line-up of expansions; it bumped Wrath from the top, even.

Loved all the art, the music, and yeah, even the story/ies. I don't raid, so HoA/Azerite slots/whateverforging were never things that bothered me; the first mythic I ever ran with Mechagon, to give you an idea of how casual I am. Speaking of Mechagon, hands down one of my favourite if not my ABSOLUTE favourite zones; I wanted to play a Mechagnome as soon as they were previewed back during 2018's Blizzcon.

Figured I'd actually post since I went through a few pages and didn't see any posts with BFA as their favourite.

Thinking it in a listed format... it'd be BFA > Legion > Mists > Cata > WoD for me.

Confirmed BfA is the worst expansion.

Today I was farming mats on MoP zones. Felt good I enevn enjoy go back to the ranch plating some seeds.

- - - Updated - - -

MoP

Legendary Cloak Questline
    Legendary Battle Pet
    Challenge Mode
    Flex Raid
    Rares with cool toys and pets
    Timeless Island
    Dinasour Island
    Thunder Island
    Farm Ranch
    Fun Cooking
    Great Class Desing
    Scenarios
    Monks
    Pandas huge Turtle starting Zone
    Garrosh bad ass Warchief
    Great Story
    Great Desing
    Fun PvP between Shrines (Horde vs Alliance)

Good times

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a lot to do in MoP but it's the least memorable imo purely out of flavor. The theme wasn't gothic fantasy and the mechanics evolved adds/trash fights to new heights of annoying.

5+ Year Old Account
    Definitely Legion. It was WotLK 2 as far as I was concerned.

i had a lot of fun during wod so i voted for the time that i had fun. current expacs i did not have fun playing. chris metzen made stuff that worked. at least i had fun playing wod. thats all that is important. chris metzen live in peace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Rump View Post
    Definitely Legion. It was WotLK 2 as far as I was concerned.
    we are here to talk about games not politics. world of Warcraft is not your platform for politics. your fel magic stinks go take a shower.
    Last edited by Naiattavain; 2019-12-15 at 08:10 AM.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Funny how so many people praise Legion, while when it was current content everyone was bitching about the RNG of Legendaries and the fact that the AP grind was god-awful.

Personally I would say MoP for overall gameplay, PvP was fun and felt mostly balanced. Raids were well designed and unique and I actually really like the idea of a "living world". It loses out for SoO being current for way too long and Garrosh's character arc feeling really forced.

I also really enjoyed Cataclysm simply for the fact I met most of my current WoW friends there and shit talking during DS was really fun even though the raid itself was boring.
    Last edited by Rusken; 2019-12-15 at 09:15 AM.

Mists or Legion. Loved both. Though, I think mythic+ makes legion pull ahead for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    BfA so far, Legion was absolute garbage, MoP was memorable but ultimately nothing to do for looong time.
    this is the first time i see someone saying BFA is best expasnion.

Anyway in my opinion BFA is still better than cata

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    There was a lot to do in MoP but it's the least memorable imo purely out of flavor. The theme wasn't gothic fantasy and the mechanics evolved adds/trash fights to new heights of annoying.
    What was there to do in MoP, tell me cause I really don't know and I been there, done nearly everything except PvP. Raids/dungeons/farm/pets(celestial tournament)/scenaros/brawlgar arena/timeless isle/proffesions. Almost everything.

And I don't consider that as "a lot to do" because most of these experiences except for heroic raids (when mythic wasn't even out) was either a boring grind OR fun for max 1 week.

What was real fun content that lasted more than week for me at least was raids, timeless isle and battle pets. Oh and new class cause obviously new class gives a lot of replay value to old stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    this is the first time i see someone saying BFA is best expasnion.

Anyway in my opinion BFA is still better than cata
    It's simple, a lot of issues of legion was fixed. And legion was first modern expansion (M+, secrets, WQ, battle pet dungeons).
    And not first, there was a couple in this thread already, plus you will see this a lot when shadowlands comes. When the coolaid kids hatewagon ends.

I just have extremely good memory, even tho I started in MoP i still remember pretty much everything that happened back them.

I've voted for Legion as I did not play during MOP. I was one of the "if they release a panda expansion then I am not playing" people. Seems that was a huge mistake on my part as when leveling through it to catch up to WOD, I thought it looked and felt amazing. Oh well. :P
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

7+ Year Old Account
    For me it was MoP.

The main story/theme was great. I'd argue the most "mature" expansion story wise. The zones were beautiful, the quests fun ... and you unlocked flying upon reaching max level as it should be

15+ Year Old Account
    No dude, Legion was hated probably the most. I havent seen bigger shitstorm on forum than legiondary softcap, and actually contender was camera changes, multiple capped threads about it. Both happened in legion. I don't even need to start how alt and offspec unfriendly it was.
    Legion still did very favorable in these kind of polls even when it was current.

7+ Year Old Account
    What was there to do in MoP, tell me cause I really don't know and I been there, done nearly everything except PvP. Raids/dungeons/farm/pets(celestial tournament)/scenaros/brawlgar arena/timeless isle/proffesions. Almost everything.

And I don't consider that as "a lot to do" because most of these experiences except for heroic raids (when mythic wasn't even out) was either a boring grind OR fun for max 1 week.

What was real fun content that lasted more than week for me at least was raids, timeless isle and battle pets. Oh and new class cause obviously new class gives a lot of replay value to old stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

I just have extremely good memory, even tho I started in MoP i still remember pretty much everything that happened back them.
    Okay what is your problem. You have asked this question like 3 times now and several people in this thread have listed the content they enjoyed. Are you just looking for validation?

Lemme tell you something. I was without a job for most of MoP and those things you listed kept me busy and sane those two years and I played A LOT. I don't know wtf you did but if you think all of that content was easily and quickly consumed by most people then you are wrong.
    MoP was also the expansion I leveled all my characters to max because all the classes were fun to play so I guess if you only played one character you could miss out on a lot of fun.
    WoD on the other hand made me quit less than a month in due to the severe lack of content I enjoy. Says a lot doesn't it?

So too bad MoP wasn't enough to keep your brain busy but it did for a lot of others. Stop racking down on their experience to validate yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Okay what is your problem. You have asked this question like 3 times now and several people in this thread have listed the content they enjoyed. Are you just looking for validation?
    No because people said there was so much to do yet no one gave reasonable list. At least one that has more stuff than recent 2 expansions.

Lemme tell you something. I was without a job for most of MoP and those things you listed kept me busy and sane those two years and I played A LOT.
    You see the problem? It was your "salvation" that is why you remember it as being best. It has nothing to do with cold hard facts aka rose-tinted glasses.

I don't know wtf you did but if you think all of that content was easily and quickly consumed by most people then you are wrong.
    MoP was also the expansion I leveled all my characters to max because all the classes were fun to play so I guess if you only played one character you could miss out on a lot of fun.
    I have all classes at max level since MoP. I usually play 3-4 each expansion but I upkeep all of them because I am author of MaxDps addon so I need them at least for tests. Oh and I did 36 mage towers in legion, all specs. Right now I have 14 at 120, double hunter, double druid.

WoD on the other hand made me quit less than a month in due to the severe lack of content I enjoy. Says a lot doesn't it?
    It actually doesn't say a thing. WoD and MoP had comparable amount of content MINUS one patch, it was cut in half expansion.

You had pretty much the same things except scenarios (which were boring anyways) and farm. Tell me, what content did MoP had while WoD didnt (except farm and scenarios).

So too bad MoP wasn't enough to keep your brain busy but it did for a lot of others. Stop racking down on their experience to validate yours.
    No, I just know there wasn't much to do on MoP, you just don't remember how people complained by content droughts back then.