Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Do real people actually think this way? Because it's definitely not normal.
    "Four years ago, she was diagnosed with Asperger’s, on the autism spectrum, which helps explain her remorseless focus on the core issue of climate change after overcoming depression. "

Quote Originally Posted by Thunberg
    “It makes me see things from outside the box. I don’t easily fall for lies, I can see through things. If I would’ve been like everyone else, I wouldn’t have started this school strike for instance.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunberg
    It's a superpower!
    It's a Rain Man story.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask
    ]This is the kind of stuff cooked up on ultra-right wing, ultra-bitter podcasts.
    Watch one neutral documentary about her travels and you will understand what people are talking about. There are hundreds of "supporters" profitting from her movement in so many, seemingly unrelated ways it's not even funny. I have no issue with her cause, it's a legitimate problem. But when the opportunists take over I'm not above calling the movement out on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    When your parents position their child as a puppet for their agenda, they should know that she will catch hell on the internet which is used mainly for trolling people online. She can do next to nothing without being prepared beforehand and has no idea how to defend her "ideas" when she has no help from anyone. Watch videos where she has to answer questions. Greta Thunberg is a far-left climate extremist who travels the world warning of apocalyptic doom that is coming unless radical change occurs that she claims “colonial, racist, and patriarchal systems of oppression have created and fueled.” If you don't want the hate said against you, don't preach hate.
    You got any sources for that? Because the interviews i read state that her parents were not supportive at all in the beginning and tried to deter her.

But i can see how that fact will fuck up these nice conspiracy theories about her being a Soros puppet or whatever your ilk is spreading right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    But when the opportunists take over I'm not above calling the movement out on it.
    So like I said earlier in the thread, crab mentality. The real issue specimens like you have with her is that she's better human being than you in various ways, and you are jealous of that.

People who advocate for a good cause don't have to be selfless saints over it; so you whining over how a public speaker isn't a martyr of some kind is just a thin pretext for expressing jealousy over others having what you don't and can't.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    So like I said earlier in the thread, crab mentality. The real issue specimens like you have with her is that she's better human being than you in various ways, and you are jealous of that.

People who advocate for a good cause don't have to be selfless saints over it; so you whining over how a public speaker isn't a martyr of some kind is just a thin pretext for expressing jealousy over others having what you don't and can't.
    How is she better than anyone? She doesn't do anything special.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heran View Post
    Depends on your definition

She gets attention for a cause, that is doing something and it is doing something special (as in not ordinary)

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Depends on your definition

She gets attention for a cause, that is doing something and it is doing something special (as in not ordinary)
    There exists a lot of people like her but media have honed in on her specifically. She's not doing anything special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    When your parents position their child as a puppet for their agenda, they should know that she will catch hell on the internet which is used mainly for trolling people online. She can do next to nothing without being prepared beforehand and has no idea how to defend her "ideas" when she has no help from anyone. Watch videos where she has to answer questions. Greta Thunberg is a far-left climate extremist who travels the world warning of apocalyptic doom that is coming unless radical change occurs that she claims “colonial, racist, and patriarchal systems of oppression have created and fueled.” If you don't want the hate said against you, don't preach hate.
    Far left for warning us that oil and gas are bad for the environment and we need to focus on better energy resources to mitigate climate change?

Everything is far left to you people. "Oh they disagree with Donald Trump on the idea that immigrant children should be locked in cages! Must be far left!" "Oh they want clean air and water for their children! Must be far left!" "Oh these leftists don't want to waste billions on a border wall! Why do these far leftists want open borders?"

"Far left!" is becoming the "communist!" screech of today.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    What have you done to fight climate change?

There exists a lot of people like her but media have honed in on her specifically. She's not doing anything special.
    Same thing can be said about a lot of prominent front figures for different movements.

MLK? didnt do anything special, one of many civil rights advocates in the us at the time (applying the same gist, not my personal belief). he were just the one to get the most media coverage.
    He encouraged protesting and nonviolent activism and preached for change, which all given is not that much different that what's happening with the whole green movement. i know that the cause might not be 1:1 comparable to the civil rights movement, but the instruments used and actions is pretty much the same.

Becoming a prominent figure that results in attention being drawn to the debate, and making people participate in the cause is doing something.

The whole climate and environmental debate have never been more in focus, and scientists/scientific research is being taken more seriously and accepted more so by the general congregation, whereas it have earlier just been taken lightly or brushed off by politicans.
    Having prominent figures that creates debate and makes a message more present and current with the common person forces politicans to take a stand and process it.
    Last edited by freezion; 2019-12-15 at 01:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Ugh what a lame choice. And a meaningless one.

Should have been the Hong Kong protesters are the one that matters most in the longer term (and it isn't even close). If we're talking about events in just the past year, Nancy Pelosi as leader of the Democrats, frustrating trumps, deserves it by far.
    You're saying climate change matters less in the longer term than hong kong protests?

/can't tell if serious
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    What have you done to fight climate change?
    I can assure you my lifestyle is far less harmful than yours. With you living in a country where you have to heat your house up.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can assure you my lifestyle is far less harmful than yours. With you living in a country where you have to heat your house up.
    Welp, hooray for climate change then, since it will solve at least this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

At least she has the courage to speak out in public and reach out to others over important global issues politicians are overlooking in favor of profit margins and power.

On the other hand, what have you done for the world aside from putting others down because they did something you didn't have the balls to?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Welp, hooray for climate change then, since it will solve at least this problem.
    Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

- - - Updated - - -

At least she has the courage to speak out in public and reach out to others over important global issues politicians are overlooking in favor of profit margins and power.´
    Plenty of others are doing the same but they don't gain any media traction. She's only this known because of media, not because of what she does.

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
    Funny as it is ironic, since you are here attempting to downplay the achievements and efforts of others just because you can't stand the fact they might be better than you.

Funny as it is ironic, since you are here attempting to downplay the achievements and efforts of others just because you can't stand the fact they might be better than you.
    Nobody here is better than me.

Plenty of others are doing the same but they don't gain any media traction. She's only this known because of media, not because of what she does.
    And? The fact is she did get media traction, and used said media traction for good.

Your only problem with her is jealousy, and nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody here is better than me.
    So I was correct, self-esteem issues.

And? The fact is she did get media traction, and used said media traction for good.
    She hasn't used it for good, she's just repeated what others have been saying ad nauseam. She brings nothing new. Yet people act like she's some kind of prophet.

So I was correct, self-esteem issues.
    None at all.

She hasn't used it for good, she's just repeated what others have been saying ad nauseam. She brings nothing new.
    Sorry, I didn't know we had to have originality when stating cold hard facts.
    Yet people act like she's some kind of prophet.
    You mean the naysayers like yourself expect her to be a prophet. Literally everyone else reasonable thinks she's just an ordinary person who happened to gain media traction and decided to push an important message with said media traction.

None at all.
    Sure, sour grapes.

Sorry, I didn't know we had to have originality when stating cold hard facts.
    Repeating what has already been known for decades isn't something to be praised for.
    You mean the naysayers like yourself expect her to be a prophet.
    No, your reverence for her means you see her in a similar position as a prophet.