Key binding druid

Did mouse klick then I did play WoW 15 years ago, so it was no problem. But now in classic I try to use proper key binding. I have bond the lower square "5" to R to cast a spell in humanoid form. So long so good, but then I transform into bear, the row of square disapear to a new set of square (so you can have your bear spells there)

Whats the name for the bear "row of square" Can I still use key R? Or the old wow game engine do not allow that? How do you pro-druids do it? Like we use addon X....

If I understand you correctly, you need to go into game options and activate the extra two bottom action bars and maybe even one of the right-hand side ones. From there on, for abilities that you want to use regardless of form (ie healing spells) you put them on those bars and you should learn to use the /cancelform macros.

So a very simple macro for Healing Touch would be:

#showtooltip
    /cancelform
    /cast Healing Touch

Others like to add lines like /stand and /dismount, but I personally don't.

Finally, here's a nice link in the official forums with plenty of examples, you can pick and chose (and modify) the ones you like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...classic/255251

Enjoy!

PS apologies if I completely misunderstood what you were trying to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    PS apologies if I completely misunderstood what you were trying to achieve.
    Yes, but it is not your fult that I cant explain it proper. What I want is then I puch R in caster/elf from I cast Wrath and then I puch R in bear from I cast Maul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
    Yes, but it is not your fult that I cant explain it proper. What I want is then I puch R in caster/elf from I cast Wrath and then I puch R in bear from I cast Maul.
    I use Bartender4 and I don't have this problem. Maybe get that addon and is if that makes things easier?

Ok, so if I get this right this time, perhaps something like this will help

/cast [nostance] Wrath; [stance:1] Maul

I don't have macros like this, so I am just modifying what I saw online. I hope that helps!

i do not know if this is 100% exactly same in classic. but if i remember correctly it has been this way since 2005. so i am very sure this helps you understanding:

wow in general have so called action bars. 6 of them. you can show them all at the bottom in that grey dragon bar. a small number shows you which bar is actually active or better „on top“. you can switch these action bars, or better „rotate through them“ with mouse wheel or page up and page down keys, and this is configurable in the keybindings options. every bar has 12 slots, you can put spells on. and you can configure in interface settings, if you want to have all 6 in the grey dragon bar and rotate through all 6, or if you wanna show bar 6 at left bottom of screen (above dragon bar) and i.e. bar 5 at right bottom of screen (above your backpack and game menu). you can also show another 2 of the 6 on the right side of the screen. if you click all the hooks in the interface options to show bars left bottom, right bottom, and 2 on the right side, then you only have 2 bars left inside the grey dragonbar and you rotate only through that 2 bars with your bound keys for rotating action bars (like mouse wheel or page up/down or whatever).

this is how the general action bar concept of wow works. for every class.

that said: when you play a druid and if you switch a form, in example from caster/elf to bear form, the bar (action bar 1) on which all your caster spells are, as long as you are in caster/elf form, stays action bar 1 but „virtually“ switch to bears action bar 1, which can have the bear spells on it. its like switching „caster action bar 1“ to „bear action bar 1“. for every form it saves the spells you putted on that action bar 1 specifically for that form.

and this makes it possible that ppl can have 12 specific spells on action bar 1 when in caster form and 12 totally another spells on action bar 1 when in bear form. so you can bind, lets say the key „R“ on slot 1 of action bar 1. in caster form you can put moonfire in that slot. then switch to bear and you see no spell there, because bear have its own action bar 1, and you can put in maul there. so you can cast moonfire by pressing R in caster form, then click bear form, and cast maul by still pressing R.

Beware: This concept works ONLY for action bar 1 !!! for druid. if you put spells on action bar 2 or 3 or..., you have the same bound spells on that bar in every form !!! the mentioned „saved 12 slots per form on action bar“ works only for action bar 1 !!!

so, play a bit around with interface options for showing action bars on other places than in grey dragon bar and test some keybindings for the different action bars. test what happens with your slots/spells on action bar 1 when you switch forms, and test the same with another action bar. you will get it.

hope that helped. have fun.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2019-12-15 at 12:16 PM.

Get bartender and save yourself the issues of this inane system.

Ok, so if I get this right this time, perhaps something like this will help

/cast [nostance] Wrath; [stance:1] Maul

I don't have macros like this, so I am just modifying what I saw online. I hope that helps!
    Thanks, it was somthing like this I was looking for, it work by itself in ordinary wow.

Thanks, it was somthing like this I was looking for, it work by itself in ordinary wow.
    Cool, I hope it works fine now, too.

All the best

Cool, I hope it works fine now, too.

All the best
    Yes it work now, thanks to all who did try to helpe me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get razer naga or logitech g600. Easybinds and smooth play without pushing your fingers to do extreme acrobatic poses.

I get around this by putting "emergency" spells for humanoid form onto the secondary action bar and macro them to automatically cancel whatever form I'm in. So spells like regrowth, rejuvenation, entangling roots, etc. do not change with form and are always castable. I also have a mouse hotkey to cancel form so that I can exit without requiring a spell cast.

As other posters mentioned, a new mouse might help with this. I use this one:

UtechSmart Venus Gaming Mouse RGB Wired, 16400 DPI High Precision Laser Programmable MMO Computer Gaming Mice

I only have 9 of the 12 thumb keys active because I can't seem to train myself to pass over all 4 rows efficiently. I visually map these keys to match where they are in the standard UI.

So to give an idea... 1 on the keyboard for the left hand is taunt, stealth, or starfire*. Mouse key #1 (left of upper action bar) is rejuvenation. Shift + mouse key #1 is bear form (which rests above the standard action bars, but I macro it for direct shifting...). These are all stacked on the far left slots in my UI.

*I should point out that starfire as my 1 key for humanoid form is probably not the most efficient thing... but I don't use emergency spells with my left hand anyways because most of them require a mouse-over macro, so I just hover where I need to be and use the mouse to dictate where I'm casting.