View Poll Results: Would you like Baine as Warchief?

Voters
290. This poll is closed
  • Yes

88 30.34%
  • No

202 69.66%

Thread: Warchief Baine

Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Warchief Baine

Hi folks,

at the moment there exists a „Warchief Nathanos“ thread/poll here, asking if ppl would like Nathanos as Warchief. Spoiler: The overwhelming (and obvious) answer is „No“ (at the moment).

Since my own statement there was „the only one that is even more worse than Nathanos as choice, imo, is the douche bag Baine“.

So i get curious what ppl will vote on the exact same thread, but with Baine as Warchief.

So, vote. Do you think Baine should become Warchief of the Horde ?
    Last edited by Niwes; 2019-12-15 at 03:28 PM.

I'm an Alliance player and I vote Yes.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    I'm an Alliance player and I vote Yes.
    i see what you did there

At least Baine is honest with his allegiances.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    At least Baine is honest with his allegiances.

nice. /10c

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate that honor, whining bullman.
    Alliance is hes side, a fitting choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    He currently is Warchief since the rest of the council doesn't exercise their power. And I fucking hate it. I'd rather be conquered by the Alliance than kowtowing to them willingly.

people were saying sylva did something unspeeakable to kill some horde troops during the battle of lorderon, to prevent being completely overwhelmed

and then the same people then suggested baine would be great warchief, after he killed some horde troops to release an enemy

I vote no, but it does not matter, as the vulperan quest chain already makes clear Baine behaves de facto as a Warchief, even if he lacks the title. His main limitation as leader of a council, aka actually listening to other members of the council, is ignored, as shown by the fact all decisions taken about dismissing, and later accepting vulperan are made without even talking to Thalyssra, who was next to him all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    He currently is Warchief since the rest of the council doesn't exercise their power. And I fucking hate it. I'd rather be conquered by the Alliance than kowtowing to them willingly.
    The Horde abolished the position of Warchief at the close of the Fourth War, Baine is simply the first of the Horde's leading council shown to be acting - it's very unlikely he'll be the only or the last.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    Hi folks,

at the moment there exists a „Warchief Nathanos“ thread/poll here, asking if ppl would like Nathanos as Warchief. Spoiler: The overwhelming (and obvious) answer is „No“ (at the moment).

Since my own statement there was „the only one that is even more worse than Nathanos as choice, imo, is the douche bag Baine“.

So i get curious what ppl will vote on the exact same thread, but with Baine as Warchief.

So, vote. Do you think Baine should become Warchief of the Horde ?
    My vote is a big fat NO. But alas, us Hordies will be stuck with the dumb cow until MoP 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The Horde abolished the position of Warchief at the close of the Fourth War, Baine is simply the first of the Horde's leading council shown to be acting - it's very unlikely he'll be the only or the last.
    Considering blizz track record in writing councils, I mean just look at the Kirin tor, I sincerely doubt it.. On paper the horde has a council, but in blizz little world baine is the one to lead it, while the rest will be ignored.

ok, seems i am not the only one that do not like Baines character/writing. but, keep voting. interessting to see what ppl think

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Considering blizz track record in writing councils, I mean just look at the Kirin tor, I sincerely doubt it.. On paper the horde has a council, but in blizz little world baine is the one to lead it, while the rest will be ignored.
    The Kirin Tor has a nominal head, though - as evidenced by Rhonin, Jaina, and Khadgar's role as leader of the Six. We don't really enough about the Horde's nascent council of leaders to say anything of yet, and at best I find people jumping on the "Baine is the nominal leader" with just a single official action to be jumping the gun by quite some distance. Or, at worst, actively trying to seize on what they feel is the worst possible outcome out of simple spite.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I'd rather follow a noble land honorable eader than a corrupted one. You may not like him, but Baine is the only one showing that war is not always the answer and that there are different ways to solve the problems.

5+ Year Old Account
    The Kirin Tor has a nominal head, though - as evidenced by Rhonin, Jaina, and Khadgar's role as leader of the Six. We don't really enough about the Horde's nascent council of leaders to say anything of yet, and at best I find people jumping on the "Baine is the nominal leader" with just a single official action to be jumping the gun by quite some distance. Or, at worst, actively trying to seize on what they feel is the worst possible outcome out of simple spite.
    Well, if the Dwarven and Kirin Tor councils are any hint, the Horde one will either absolutely stagnate... or it will be ignored for all practical purposes, for the sake of creator's pet Baine as unofficial Warchief.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    I'd rather follow a noble land honorable eader than a corrupted one. You may not like him, but Baine is the only one showing that war is not always the answer and that there are different ways to solve the problems.
    Submission and acceptance of your people's deaths? Killing your own soldiers?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I said it multiple times, I don't trust blizz to write complex stories and I am right most of the time.

Yet the even the head of the council could not make decisions without the rest of the council, he was just there to represent, that much had been clear from the get go and still, while Jaina was in charge she was the one calling the shots, threatening Varian with leaving the Alliance, deciding to purge the sunreavers on the spot etc. blizz can't write councils, either you show how they work and stick with it, or you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    Baine is painfully naive and as such unfit to rule anything.

We are going to the shadowlands we can have any of the old warchiefs back if we put the effort in so no not Baine.
    PS Baine is the biggest traitor to the Horde he backstabbed the Warchief two times before.

Baine has been a cancer on his faction since Tides of War, ergo, since he was a character that could be delineated from a clone of his dad. He is the sum of everything wrong with the noble savage incarnation of the Horde to a degree that's practically parodic. There's genuinely no one less suited to be the face of the Horde, and that includes Anduin or Jaina or whoever becoming colonial governor, as that at least opens future story opportunities.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-12-15 at 05:52 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.