Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    I don't say pretty, I speak about production quality. Bib Fortuna in Return of the Jedi isn't pretty. Pick any of the high rated fan films on Youtube and you are not far off on decor either. Especially the latest episode 6 happening in a corridor.
    What are you expecting, exactly? Animatronics in her lekku? Or maybe having them be CGI?

Baby Yoda isn't even CGI most of the time, and I'm pretty sure they've done that on purpose to make the show feel more like the OT than the Prequels.

It's amazing how people have gotten so used to serialized storytelling. It used to be you'd only see it in certain shows but now apparently if your show isn't serialized people will flip their lid.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    What are you expecting, exactly? Animatronics in her lekku? Or maybe having them be CGI?

Baby Yoda isn't even CGI most of the time, and I'm pretty sure they've done that on purpose to make the show feel more like the OT than the Prequels.
    lekku aren't prehensile, but they're not as stiff as hers was. they're floppy and should be a bit longer than these were.

she also shouldn't have had such large canines. the males sometimes sharpen their teeth, like bib fortuna. but they don't grow large canines like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't say pretty, I speak about production quality. Bib Fortuna in Return of the Jedi isn't pretty. Pick any of the high rated fan films on Youtube and you are not far off on decor either. Especially the latest episode 6 happening in a corridor.
    He isn't pretty but he is not any better then the ones in this show. https://youtu.be/WHinY_Y-FJI?t=581 yep they sure do backgrounds way better. A corridor can only look like a corridor. Why do you super weird magical corridor instead of a corridor?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    lekku aren't prehensile, but they're not as stiff as hers was. they're floppy and should be a bit longer than these were.

she also shouldn't have had such large canines. the males sometimes sharpen their teeth, like bib fortuna. but they don't grow large canines like this.
    Here on earth, with just humans to work with, we have an awful lot of variation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    We're due for the mid-hiccup I think at this point. Just enjoy the adventures, the cultures, and we get to really explore the SW universe! ^_^
    There is no mid hiccup if they are doing it this season. Because there is only two episodes left for the season.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.starwars.com/databank/twi-lek

The official cannon is that they are prehensile at least since Disney took over. It could have been less stiff but maybe they were sticking to the look from the original trilogy. Since Bib's were really stiff (didn't move at all during the scenes). Also the various "Cannon" depictions of them have short ones like hers. Most of these are cartoon depictions but still are considered "cannon".
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-12-15 at 10:01 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Here on earth, with just humans to work with, we have an awful lot of variation.
    There isn't that level of variation in humans, though. This would be like saying "some humans have arms 50% longer than others, because reasons."
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    twi'lek variation is in their skin tones and tempers.

red/pinkish twi'lek tend to be a bit more aggressive, like this girl. though, the hissing stuff was just a character trait due to her trying to act edgy. green's the most common, i think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    https://www.starwars.com/databank/twi-lek

The official cannon is that they are prehensile at least since Disney took over. It could have been less stiff but maybe they were sticking to the look from the original trilogy. Since Bib's were really stiff (didn't move at all during the scenes)
    have we ever seen them move them? because every one of them in the movies just flop around.

that's what prehensile means, they can move and control it. even the girl in mandalorian didn't move hers, they were just slightly floppy. bib's were wrapped up around him, likely a fashion style choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    that's what prehensile means, they can move and control it. even the girl in mandalorian didn't move hers, they were just slightly floppy. bib's were wrapped up around him, likely a fashion style choice.
    I know what prehensile means. It is cannon, from disney, that they can move. Even if they have never been shown to move. Bib's never moved because of the technology of the time obviously as it looks like it was just part of the mask rather then a real appendage. His mask only pulsated because of air bladders that people off camera pumped.

https://www.starwars.com/news/much-t...-about-twileks

Disney/starwars indicates they can be moved and controlled for various meanings.

I know what prehensile means. It is cannon, from disney, that they can move. Even if they have never been shown to move. Bib's never moved because of the technology of the time obviously as it looks like it was just part of the mask rather then a real appendage. His mask only pulsated because of air bladders that people off camera pumped.

Disney/starwars indicates they can be moved and controlled for various meanings.
    Some asshat can say they're prehensile until they're blue in the face, but until we see it (or read it in a novel, for that matter), they're not prehensile. Besides, if they were prehensile, they'd move all the fucking time. Just look at ANY animal on earth with a prehensile tail or tongue. It's all over the place because if it CAN move like that, there's a reason for it, and that reason has to be common enough for evolution to slowly work a tail or tongue into being prehensile.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Some asshat can say they're prehensile until they're blue in the face, but until we see it (or read it in a novel, for that matter),
    This is Disney saying it not some random internet person. If you won't accept something coming from the people that control the fiction then you won't accept it from anyone. I can move my fingers but I don't have to move them all the time because they can be held still. The cannon says they can grasp and be used for sign language. You can be bitter about it but ignoring a source of cannon just because you want to is dumb.

https://www.starwars.com/databank/ryloth

It is also indicated on the official blurb about their home planet.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-12-15 at 10:17 PM.

There isn't that level of variation in humans, though. This would be like saying "some humans have arms 50% longer than others, because reasons."
    lol...

Nah, there's no variations in humans.

well, if they can move, i'd like to see it before believing it. maybe the children in the clone wars move theirs, i'll have to look for clips.

Some asshat can say they're prehensile until they're blue in the face, but until we see it (or read it in a novel, for that matter), they're not prehensile. Besides, if they were prehensile, they'd move all the fucking time. Just look at ANY animal on earth with a prehensile tail or tongue. It's all over the place because if it CAN move like that, there's a reason for it, and that reason has to be common enough for evolution to slowly work a tail or tongue into being prehensile.
    idk, i think prehensile appendages probably move less than a regular tail. look at opossums, i had at least 20 different opossums show up over the last couple years i had chickens, and i've never seen one move their tail except to uncurl it when they ran out of the traps.

it could be the case they are, but it's most definitely never been shown before. something prehensile wouldn't flop around like oola's and those girls from the bar on coruscant. though that could just be because they don't have a bone in them.

I mean I don't have a chart of arm lengths handy but I'm pretty sure that there is in fact greater variation in arm length than that. Because reasons.

Edit: hahahaha just saw the much better example above
    Last edited by Zaktar; 2019-12-15 at 10:42 PM.

But those next generation episodes were not the first few all connected and then random random. The first and 3rd ST:NG episodes were different and showed that random nature. It isn't unreasonable for people to to expect a better connected story between the random adventures. It is one of the things lacking a connection between everything.

There is nothing wrong with having random adventures. There is nothing wrong with a few episodes connecting. But when you have 8 episodes you should try to have a better connected story even if they are just random adventures. Even more so when you spend 3 of those six on a three-part arc.
    But they said it would be episodic for the most part. Which is why their isn't much of a case.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    But they said it would be episodic for the most part. Which is why their isn't much of a case.
    3 of 6 have been a story arc. 3 of 6 have been episodic. Half of currently available episodes going against what they said the show would be is a fair size case.

3 of 6 have been a story arc. 3 of 6 have been episodic. Half of currently available episodes going against what they said the show would be is a fair size case.
    i wanted it to be episodic from the start and just focus on him killing/capturing people.

that's far more interesting than yeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like many things about the show but:

1) Six episodes in and the story still goes nowhere. If it is only supposed to be character development then the episodes are too short and nothing developed since the first.
    This just flatly is not true.

We've seen Mando go from killing a lot of people for very little reason, to taking pains in this most recent episode to avoid any fatalities, at least that he's responsible for. He created a giant ruckus to try and save the life of the Republic guard, he didn't kill his three crew who betrayed him (though it was kept off-screen until it paid off when you saw them in the cell, precisely because this episode presents a change in the Mando; at the start, he'd have killed them all.)

He's gone from being a fairly brutal and remorseless bounty hunter, to someone who's focusing on protecting the innocent and saving lives. That's a pretty damned significant bit of character growth.

There is no mid hiccup if they are doing it this season. Because there is only two episodes left for the season.
    Seven episodes for an entire season? Yeesh... I hate it when people do that! >_<

Well then, yeah - we should get a cliffhanger then. I'm half-expecting the kid being kidnapped by a Sarlac-Free Boba-Fett, or at least another Mandalorian we'll find out more about.

Some humans DO, in fact, have arms 50% longer than others. In size alone, humans can vary wildly: the shortest (verified) human was 21.5 inches, the tallest (verified) human was 8 feet 11 inches - that's a difference not of 50%, but of 500%.

And in any case, this is assuming some alien life form even follows the variation patterns humans present. One need only look to some non-human animals on earth to see massive variation (e.g. in dogs), let alone alien ones.