Thread: [TV] Titans

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    So this was season 2. It was so much better than season 1 imo.
    But again what's up with Titans and their season finales? S1 finale felt weird and that's because it was cut in halft just to later resume in episode 1 in S2.
    And now with the season 2 finale again it felt like it was originaly ment to be 2 episodes edited down to just 1. Deathstroke and Superboy being taking care of within the first 30 min felt rushed. THen the other 20 min was just... bad. And why kill Donna in that lame way? Felt really forced so maybe she didn't want to/didn't have time to be on the show anymore. But they could have killed her of in a better way...
    I'm curious too, but they did leave the possibility of Rachel being able to help her/bring her back, so maybe it's just more drama for later. Also Garth/aka Aqualad, is he really dead too? Heisn't human, but Atlantean, why do I get the distinct feeling, that he could just as easily have survived and restored by his people and stayed in Atlantis,then brought back to help Rachel get Donna back.

Anyway, even Deathstrokes death seemed a bit vague. A sword goes right through him, but we know he has regenerative powers, or could easily have, which means he can survive, although I don't think heshould be made a major villain at all next season, some sort of frenemy down the line.. I like that they show motives behind both good and bad people, gives a potetnial for either to go eithe way. I also like that Rose, Gar and Connor are restored, they didn't have to do that, Donna going if a bit rushed is a wieghty enough counterpoint, but her coming back would be welcomed rather than mae the Titans feel to over optimistic. Optimism isn't a bad thing, but how you present it makes the difference between a kiddies show and a more realistic adult real life issues and real life presentation I think an element of Titans aims for the 20s/30s age group reality, who would have watched Teen Titans as kids or teens.

Now I'm curious why you think season 2 was much better than season 1. I feel, they work quite well together with the second going into greater depth of the characters and the team, while the first, was an explosive all emergency start with the super powers and creepy death thing as well as a lot of cool, but with theme and substance. I agree with you the endings have been a bit on the weak side, Season 1 ending woul have been perfect with the 2 episodes, Season 2 s ending should have been done in 2 episodes, not 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Now I'm curious why you think season 2 was much better than season 1. I feel, they work quite well together with the second going into greater depth of the characters and the team, while the first, was an explosive all emergency start with the super powers and creepy death thing as well as a lot of cool, but with theme and substance. I agree with you the endings have been a bit on the weak side, Season 1 ending woul have been perfect with the 2 episodes, Season 2 s ending should have been done in 2 episodes, not 1.
    Because overall I think season 2 had better episodes and better character development, also they did put Raven aside which was the right choice imo. Her character was terrible and sadly she was the main focus in season 1. Deathstrok was way more interesting than Trigon. We also got more from Hawk, Dove and Donna which again imo are good and fun characters to follow. Will be fun to see where s3 will go.I don't really get the point of Gar, seems kinda useless except he helped Raven get out of her mindcontroll... But hopefully Donna will return somehow. I would like to get more of Rose and Jason Todd. I wouldn't mind Aqualad, we didn't get to see much of him so would be fun to see where they can go with him if they decide to ressurect him aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Because overall I think season 2 had better episodes and better character development, also they did put Raven aside which was the right choice imo. Her character was terrible and sadly she was the main focus in season 1. Deathstrok was way more interesting than Trigon. We also got more from Hawk, Dove and Donna which again imo are good and fun characters to follow. Will be fun to see where s3 will go.I don't really get the point of Gar, seems kinda useless except he helped Raven get out of her mindcontroll... But hopefully Donna will return somehow. I would like to get more of Rose and Jason Todd. I wouldn't mind Aqualad, we didn't get to see much of him so would be fun to see where they can go with him if they decide to ressurect him aswell.
    Ah, I like Gar's character, the way they wrote him in season 2 was really good, I must say they know how to write likeable characters, blizzard should take note, and it's not easy to do with so many characters, and each being quite important.

I'd love you to do a detailed breakdown analysis like I did earlier in my long post. I also have my preferred line up for Season 3, as well as a whole bunch of other analysis of the show so far.

For me, the first time I warmed up to Hawk was in his fighting ring scenes, they kinda reminded me of a bunch of super hero series/films, and it felt interesting enough given his background and how they wrote his character so far.

The actor does do a good job, the only problem with Hawke is that I like most of the other characters more, so it's not really a failing on his part or the actors, I guess it's more personal preference.

I reckon we'll have a lot more criticsm once the show hits netflix and many guys here get to watch it. It's also quote good for girls, and I wonder how many girls will be into Titans. All of the male characters are actually quite good looking, which is rare, even the villains, and the women are both interesting, strong but not insufferable either, they seem real and not forced, admirable and not trying to be someone/thing else other than what their character is lined up to be.

It really should go well down with most people, although I think more action pace is needed.. but then the show works better as a binge watch rather than a 1 a week episode watch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just started watching this last night and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm on episode 5 or 6 now. My only gripe about this show is the actress they chose to play Starfire. I understand that DC wanted to have a minority playing the role but Starfire's body shape is the complete opposite of Anna Diop (the actress playing Starfire) looks like. Starfire is tall and very slender. Anna Diop is what most people would describe as "thicc". The casting for Raven, on the other hand, is spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Just started watching this last night and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm on episode 5 or 6 now. My only gripe about this show is the actress they chose to play Starfire. I understand that DC wanted to have a minority playing the role but Starfire's body shape is the complete opposite of Anna Diop (the actress playing Starfire) looks like. Starfire is tall and very slender. Anna Diop is what most people would describe as "thicc". The casting for Raven, on the other hand, is spot on!
    As I never read the comics, a viewer like me has no such issues, i ended up really liking Starfire's character, both script and actress did a fantastic job, however i recognise that the chang ein appearance might be off putting to some people, if ou can getpast that i'm sure you'd like her.

however when adaptations hapen with people who are use to things a certain way from the written material, the changes in a screen production aren't always perceived as good, even when they do play out well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    As I never read the comics, a viewer like me has no such issues, i ended up really liking Starfire's character, both script and actress did a fantastic job, however i recognise that the chang ein appearance might be off putting to some people, if ou can getpast that i'm sure you'd like her.

however when adaptations hapen with people who are use to things a certain way from the written material, the changes in a screen production aren't always perceived as good, even when they do play out well.
    You didn't have to even read the comics to get a feel for Starfire. The Cartoon Network show included her. The character isn't even written with the nativity and innocence that Starfire has because she's not from Earth. They tried to make her too "relatable" to viewers by giving her the "strong and sassy black woman" persona.

The other thing I'm not liking about the whole Starfire portrayal is the fact that they dress her like the typical Hollywood crack hooker you'd see on any street corner.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You didn't have to even read the comics to get a feel for Starfire. The Cartoon Network show included her. The character isn't even written with the nativity and innocence that Starfire has because she's not from Earth. They tried to make her too "relatable" to viewers by giving her the "strong and sassy black woman" persona.

The other thing I'm not liking about the whole Starfire portrayal is the fact that they dress her like the typical Hollywood crack hooker you'd see on any street corner.
    Ah, you see, i ddin't see the cartoon network show either. This is the first time i'm seeing Starfire, so I have no pre-conceived notion of what is right for starfire and what is wrong based on previous material.

So from a c ompletley new perspective, she is one of the best characters if you read my long analysis above in response #170 which should be safe for you to read after at least going through episode 9 of season 2.

I get your point though, if you are use to seeing Starfire in a totally different light and way and really liked that, I understand that you wouldn't like this version, even wtihout knowing about it.

The problem with DC/Marvel stuff is that they change incarnations so much from comic launches to re-launches, to tv series, cartoon series, movies, every time there is a new incarnation, my lesbian ex colleague didn't mind that at all and was quite okay with new versions especailly when they were more feminist and progressive or at least less patriarchal/male dominant - which fair enough that's her preference, but i usually hate that they have no continuity between different series, Which is why i can understand you. To me, if you started a comic series in one way, the tv show or moview should essentially tell that story or continue it, not do something totally new.

However i have had at least 15 years of watching entertainment to get use to that, and along the way I have really enjoyed some of the re-incarnations of favourites like spider man , batman, superman and this great rush for more. So who knows.

I never watched teen titans, or read the comics, the closest I came to seeing the characters was in Young justice. And while I liked that, I prefer the live action tv series to that. Despite my objections above.

Ogawd, I just finished season 2. Batman's fucking Irish! I like Iain Glen in general and he was pretty good but he definitely had trouble doing an American accent.