Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaichu View Post
    I always thought those hooded figures were the OG Death Knights like MU Teron Gorefiend. The Shadow Council AND Outland stuff fit perfectly to this interpretation, IMO.

I thought this, too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    On a separate note, that Metzen drawing is so delightfully old-school and metal.

I wonder if this is going to be similar to Ultima VII: Serpent Isle and the Silver Seed expansion, with the Ophidians who worshipped an actual divine snake in a sort of other plane of existence. The snake was the balance between order and chaos, which were tearing the land apart.

http://wiki.ultimacodex.com/wiki/Ophidians

Quote Originally Posted by Kaichu View Post
    On a separate note, that Metzen drawing is so delightfully old-school and metal.
    Loving it! But the only thing left of that art are probably the mounts, back in wc2 it looked like the warlock and deathknight class was just 1 class.

Played this when it was fresh and new in the 90ies good times.

Maybe, current wow simply needs a metal infusion. It somehow lacks all that cool oldschool shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I wonder if this is going to be similar to Ultima VII: Serpent Isle and the Silver Seed expansion, with the Ophidians who worshipped an actual divine snake in a sort of other plane of existence. The snake was the balance between order and chaos, which were tearing the land apart.

http://wiki.ultimacodex.com/wiki/Ophidians
    I even bought that game back in the 90ies, but couldn't run it, unlike ultima VIII: Pagan. Would be fun to have another filler expansion like that one lol

Or next expansion after shadowlands is simply indeed about order and chaos.

Not much left after void, death and fel.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Loving it! But the only thing left of that art are probably the mounts, back in wc2 it looked like the warlock and deathknight class was just 1 class.

Played this when it was fresh and new in the 90ies good times.

Maybe, current wow simply needs a metal infusion. It somehow lacks all that cool oldschool shit.

- - - Updated - - -

I even bought that game back in the 90ies, but couldn't run it, unlike ultima VIII: Pagan. Would be fun to have another filler expansion like that one lol

Or next expansion after shadowlands is simply indeed about order and chaos.

Not much left after void, death and fel.
    You see, I never criticized Blizzard too harshly about repeating the same formulae. What I criticize them about is the formulae being whatever narrative style is popular at the time (recently, it's been the GoT-esque, twist-laden style or over the top, animelike power spikes). Some time ago, they were able to delightfully execute what seems to be their native design language: a rule-of-cool based, metal visual/narrative style. I mean, Metzen, Didier & co. were middle-aged metalheads after all, and I loved them for it. I hope they learn from the success of Classic that what they need to do is play to their expressive strengths instead of riding one bandwagon or another.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Cloaked guardians holding a sword just seems to be Blizzard's go for decorations, probably because they're less gaudy looking than say, gargoyles.
    Idk, early WoW eerily reminisced of D2 at times, especially in Vanilla/BC. And those statues look an awful lot like the D2 Dark Wanderer.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.