Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I've always wondered why someone doesn't take the bribe, record it themselves, take the bribe money to a charity, and not do the thing they asked you to do then put up the video and wreck their current life.
    Because then they won't get bribes later on. Money is like pretty or lucky. I've heard no one realistically so "You know, I have enough money. I have all the money I want. No thanks." and mean it.

But let's say it happened. They got caught, on film, giving a bribe. It'd be denounced as Deep State or Shadow Government if it's a Republican. If it's a Democrat then it's BURN THEM LIKE A WITCH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Be objective.

336 of those people were thrown in jail for possession of drugs. How about we talk about how the USA throws too many people in jail and private companies profit from the this with no incentive to actually reform them?

Your prison system is broken.

I've not even decided if I like what hes done yet, it just seems to me that most people here have a kneejerk response based on their preconceptions (Too soft on crime! / corrupt MF).
    Well, he also pardoned some pretty terrible fucking people. I don't think most people have an issue with him pardoning people for drug possession. I'd say most would have a problem with pardoning a dude who beheaded someone.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Be objective.

336 of those people were thrown in jail for possession of drugs. How about we talk about how the USA throws too many people in jail and private companies profit from the this with no incentive to actually reform them?

I've not even decided if I like what hes done yet, it just seems to me that most people here have a kneejerk response based on their preconceptions (Too soft on crime! / corrupt MF).
    The Drug possession stuff? Sure, fine, I don't care about that.

It's the convicted murderers and child rapists who I'm having problems with, and make this whole thing look like a completely spiteful act.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Ah yes, the current standard Republican playbook, break as much shit on the way out so you can proceed to blame the Democrats for all the broken shit that you left behind.
    its what they did in wisconsin.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

#Partyoflawandorder.

It would be funny if we weren't neck deep in Neo Nazis, concentration camps, election fraud, voter suppression and Russians owning half the US government.

Kentucky mostly doesn't use private prisons although Bevin had to lease some space due to over-crowding. The question is where these prisoners came from? Public prisons (at capacity), county jails (also overcrowded) or private prisons.

Be objective.

How is that objective?

Yes those people shouldn't have been in prison, I don't think anyone here is going to complain about those people being released.

This thread is about the unjustifiable pardons he gave, not the totally reasonable ones.

Pardoning at the end of a term is very commonplace. If you don't like it, campaign against the law. Pretty sure every President has done this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Pardoning at the end of a term is very commonplace. If you don't like it, campaign against the law. Pretty sure every President has done this.
    Most people don't tend to pardon some asshole who beheads people.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    See the above. The only reason we're talking about this is because of the convicted Murderers and Rapists being pardoned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Or sexually assaulted a Fifteen Year old boy or Nine year old Girl.

(Different people, but to reiterate that there were pardoned rapists)

It doesn't matter who is pardoned, it's a power granted to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    See the above. The only reason we're talking about this is because of the convicted Murderers and Rapists being pardoned.
    I don't see what you are arguing against? The pardoning power? It's granted to them. Everyone does it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see what you are arguing against? The pardoning power? It's granted to them. Everyone does it.
    Ah, no yeah I see what this is. Never mind then.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it matters. I'm not saying he doesn't have the power to do it, I'm saying he's a vile scumbag and complete trash for pardoning some of the people whom he pardoned. Pardoning rapists and dudes who behead people is pretty fucking despicable.

Of course it matters. I'm not saying he doesn't have the power to do it, I'm saying he's a vile scumbag and complete trash for pardoning some of the people whom he pardoned. Pardoning rapists and dudes who behead people is pretty fucking despicable.
    HE's not a vile scumbag if this is your argument - the people who CREATED the power are the scumbags. He is simply obeying the law.

10+ Year Old Account
    HE's not a vile scumbag if this is your argument - the people who CREATED the power are the scumbags. He is simply obeying the law.
    Of course he is a vile scumbag. Just because it's lawful doesn't make it right (fucking duh?).

I'm not really sure about the people who created the law, if they were just clueless, reckless or vile. Could be that the law is meant for good, but didn't account for dildos having that power. Like how we are experiencing a dildo being a president right now.

But that guy is a spiteful asshole for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

He's the vile scumbag for pardoning a beheader and rapists. You don't get to tell me what my opinion is, that's not how it works.

Yeah guys, it's not his fault he did this of his own free will, because the law says he can we can't judge him for making stupid decisions.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I have the power to drive in front of orphanages and shout " your parents never loved you" does that mean i'm not a scumbag and the people whore wrote the first amendment are?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no law that states that he needs to pardon rapists. He has the power to, and we're allowed to judge him based upon how he wields that power.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Of course he is a vile scumbag. Just because it's lawful doesn't make it right (fucking duh?).

I'm not really sure about the people who created the law, if they were just clueless, reckless or vile. Could be that the law is meant for good, but didn't account for dildos having that power. Like how we are experiencing a dildo being a president right now.

But that guy is a spiteful asshole for sure.
    Laws are meant to emulate popular morality. If they don't, then they need to be changed.

- - - Updated - - -

He's the vile scumbag for pardoning a beheader and rapists. You don't get to tell me what my opinion is, that's not how it works.
    Great, let's disagree. You don't get to tell me either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Yeah guys, it's not his fault he did this of his own free will, because the law says he can we can't judge him for making stupid decisions.
    Simply a value claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    I have the power to drive in front of orphanages and shout " your parents never loved you" does that mean i'm not a scumbag and the people whore wrote the first amendment are?
    It depends.