Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Some humans DO, in fact, have arms 50% longer than others. In size alone, humans can vary wildly: the shortest (verified) human was 21.5 inches, the tallest (verified) human was 8 feet 11 inches - that's a difference not of 50%, but of 500%.

And in any case, this is assuming some alien life form even follows the variation patterns humans present. One need only look to some non-human animals on earth to see massive variation (e.g. in dogs), let alone alien ones.
    Its not even worth discussing.

You can nit pick at plot holes or inconsistency if they impact the story. But "alien tentacles should be longer, this is shit" is borderline insanity and just watch the damn show without looking for reasons to hate it.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Lol.

Saying a disney budgeted show made to help launch their streaming device is the same production as what you would find on youtube with a straight face.

Good one.

Next you'll be linking that guy doing an impression of Harrison Ford and saying he should have been the new Han!

We get it. Mando No Good. Why should we even bother watching it.
    You in particular don't really get anything

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    You in particular don't really get anything
    Feel free to link these fan made youtube vids that are better quality than disney.

Ill wait.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

15+ Year Old Account
    The show is going more downhill every episode.

Now is this show supposed to be episodic or have a story arc? Because the main story isn't going anywhere, baby Yoda and his story has been on a complete halt for a couple of episodes - now he only serves as a cute comedy relief.

Episode 6 was a good episode if this show is supposed to be episodic, but in that case, the previous 5 episodes were completely pointless and should have been scrapped and just start the show from episode 6.

Also, people commenting about the cheap cosmetics; I wholeheartedly agree. The twileks looked so poorly made, the baby Yoda is a literal prop doll they are holding and it really shows. Wouldn't believe their budget is millions per episode considering all the cheap production value stuff clearly visible in the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The people complaining about it being episodic tickle me.

The market was starved for something that wasn't just ADHD levels of nonstop cliffhangers that were supposed to pass as story arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Its not even worth discussing.

You can nit pick at plot holes or inconsistency if they impact the story. But "alien tentacles should be longer, this is shit" is borderline insanity and just watch the damn show without looking for reasons to hate it.
    "lol, just turn your brain off bro"

nobody's saying they hate it. there's an established way that these aliens are supposed to look. if you don't care about the lore of something you're watching, don't watch it, you shouldn't be here, and you need to leave.

catering to people that don't give a shit beyond "hehe lasers, ooh da force" is why the new movies are so shit.

"lol, just turn your brain off bro"

nobody's saying they hate it. there's an established way that these aliens are supposed to look. if you don't care about the lore of something you're watching, don't watch it, you shouldn't be here, and you need to leave.

catering to people that don't give a shit beyond "hehe lasers, ooh da force" is why the new movies are so shit.
    Lore has nothing to do with the length of a fictional alien species fleshy appendages.

Hell, for the people who do obsess over this shit on the Star Wars wiki, they mention that lekku length was seen as an indication of status...obviously implying that they varied. Which, if twi'leks were a real species, would almost certainly be the case.

There's a difference between caring about the lore, and pretending that your own personal headcanon is lore.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2019-12-16 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Now is this show supposed to be episodic or have a story arc?
    It can be both. Shows like Supernatural are episodic while having an overarching story arc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    It can be both. Shows like Supernatural are episodic while having an overarching story arc.
    Yeah, that works for shows that have 20+ episodes per season, not for 8x 30min.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    lol...

<removed image link to save space>

Nah, there's no variations in humans.
    I know we aren't supposed to do this, but, well, if I get infracted so be it:
    LOL

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I know we aren't supposed to do this, but, well, if I get infracted so be it:
    LOL
    I prefer the smaller ones any day!

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Some humans DO, in fact, have arms 50% longer than others. In size alone, humans can vary wildly: the shortest (verified) human was 21.5 inches, the tallest (verified) human was 8 feet 11 inches - that's a difference not of 50%, but of 500%.

And in any case, this is assuming some alien life form even follows the variation patterns humans present. One need only look to some non-human animals on earth to see massive variation (e.g. in dogs), let alone alien ones.
    Both of those people were far outliers, both the victims of genetic anomalies. Humans without developmental issues don’t have that much variation.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Both of those people were far outliers, both the victims of genetic anomalies. Humans without developmental issues don’t have that much variation.
    Honestly now... As much as I'd like to go digging for yet more pictures of attractive women with wildly different bust size, I have no idea why you're so wedded to this obviously false idea. Is it "developmental issues" that sees the average height of men in Sweden to be around 5'11", while men in the Philippines clock in at around 5'4"?
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2019-12-16 at 03:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The show is going more downhill every episode.

Now is this show supposed to be episodic or have a story arc? Because the main story isn't going anywhere, baby Yoda and his story has been on a complete halt for a couple of episodes - now he only serves as a cute comedy relief.
    Baby Yoda isn't the "main story". The "main story" is about Mando. Hence, y'know, the title of the show.

Baby Yoda's primary relevance to the story is in how he's the triggering force for Mando's character growth. Baby Yoda's own stuff is a side story, which is why it isn't the focus of, or even relevant to, every episode.

Also, people commenting about the cheap cosmetics; I wholeheartedly agree. The twileks looked so poorly made, the baby Yoda is a literal prop doll they are holding and it really shows. Wouldn't believe their budget is millions per episode considering all the cheap production value stuff clearly visible in the show.
    Regarding the bold, that's the best option. If they used CGI, it would look cheesy and flat, the way the prequels did, and the way some of the early scenes (particularly the animal riding) did.

And it's not like they can make a real Baby Yoda. It's too small and the makeup would be way too complex and irritating to use on an actual infant anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Regarding the bold, that's the best option. If they used CGI, it would look cheesy and flat, the way the prequels did, and the way some of the early scenes (particularly the animal riding) did.
    The abandonment of CGI does show but imo that is part of what makes it good content, wild and whacky CGI is pervasive and dilutes the..... weight of what you're seeing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

1 word: animatronics. They could use a proper animatronic doll with appropriate physical response to the actions in the scene, instead of holding and waving a 10 dollar inanimate walmart doll in their hands.

The problem definitely isn't that they are using a doll, the problem is their doll is fucking piss poor.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    1 word: animatronics. They could use a proper animatronic doll with appropriate physical response to the actions in the scene, instead of holding and waving a 10 dollar inanimate walmart doll in their hands.

The problem definitely isn't that they are using a doll, the problem is their doll is fucking piss poor.
    Well everyone loves baby yoda except a few posters on mmo champ so.... I think baby yoda is doing just fine
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

The doll is animatronic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    The doll is animatronic.
    Yeah the one they are shooting when it's moving and doing baby yoda stuff. However the one they are holding in their hands when picking up etc. isn't. Or if it is, it's poor and/or the actors aren't handling it well.

10+ Year Old Account

They are using animatronics with Baby Yoda. Extensively.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah the one they are shooting when it's moving and doing baby yoda stuff. However the one they are holding in their hands when picking up etc. isn't. Or if it is, it's poor and/or the actors aren't handling it well.
    I'm not sure you've ever held a small child.

They're not really as floppy as you seem to think, particularly not at toddler ages (and Baby Yoda, despite the community name, is a toddler, at least; he's walking and drinking from a cup.)