Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough that you don't believe this is a compromise for the so-called World-PVP'ers.
    I believe this is a compromise between players desire to fly, and the developers idea to postpone flying as much as possible.
    From my experience World-PVP'ers are so few and far between, they're a niche now. A group of players so few in numbers, they have no "punch" in the larger debate. Just a few ranting threads on the forum here and there, which is sad.
    But I also don't see new argumentation anywhere. The "easy way" to summarize those threads would be: "I want THIS in the game, and how dare anyone else have fun i doing other stuff!", which is not working, because I don't see it working.
    Or to off-quote it from Vaas: "Do you know the definition of insanity? It's using the same argument over and over again, expecting people's opinion to change"
    But good luck.

Get the net so you can be a pest like it seems you enjoy being. Just a guess judging by the complaints of wahhh ma pvp immersion.

Wpvp is very very rarely fun and engaging. It's almost 90% of the time a purely one sided clusterf*ck of one faction corpse camping 1-3 of the opposing faction. That's not fun for anyone.

But if you enjoy it so much, as others have stated, isn't that the current part of classic. Something about an "honor grind". Wish you all the best.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    So you can seriously look at that pic of us alliance in the horde CAPITAL with enemy players just going afk right above us in warmode and say it's fine?
    Looks fine to me.

If you keep trying to convince people to change their mind with the idea that this game is revolving around your perception of what the game should be, and how players should act according to an arbitrary chivalry guide on warmode, allow me to counter with the most used response to this topic:
    It's how the game mechanics are. Deal with it, or find another game.
    I'd even add another note. MAKE the game you're looking for, instead of trying to force other people to play an open game your way.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    Get the net so you can be a pest like it seems you enjoy being. Just a guess judging by the complaints of wahhh ma pvp immersion.

Wpvp is very very rarely fun and engaging. It's almost 90% of the time a purely one sided clusterf*ck of one faction corpse camping 1-3 of the opposing faction. That's not fun for anyone.

But if you enjoy it so much, as others have stated, isn't that the current part of classic. Something about an "honor grind". Wish you all the best.
    The thing is, everyone has reminded OP about the Net. He complains it's not fast enough and doesn't have enough range. He's basically going to complain about any solution you can provide.

Also, he references how Classic is so much better WPVP wise because of no flying, yet WON'T play classic. He's just here to make bad faith arguments, and presents his opinion as facts.

It happened again. This is NOT ok. So I went to Nazjatar looking for some true world PvP but every single player tries to get out of range just long enough to mount up and then it's game over. Such bs. Ruins the game for me. Nazjatar would be such an amazing world PvP zone without flying.

Last edited by Vinzora; 2019-12-15 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It happened again. This is NOT ok. So I went to Nazjatar looking for some true world PvP but every single player tries to get out of range just long enough to mount up and then it's game over. Such bs. Ruins the game for me. Nazjatar would be such an amazing world PvP zone without flying.

But it IS okay, they have a right to not engage with you, if they chose. It is extremely unfortunate that you dont realize that. If only there were a group of servers just full of people that were dying to play with you...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

War mode should just have flying disabled or at least some flying obstacles like maybe patrolling enemy faction NPC's in the air or something anyways it's not that bad anyways since they added the slingshot that knocks ppl off their mount

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    Flying was a mistake but now they cant remove it
    There's really no reason why blizz couldmt have made it so you can't fly with war mode on. Anyone who really wants to fly can turn it off. However I suspect that even the ppl who want world PVP wouldn't be able to resist the convenience of flying and so would just spend far more time with war mode off anyway. They couldn't really do it now because there would be so much outcry from peolple who earned flying having all their hard work taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    There's really no reason why blizz couldmt have made it so you can't fly with war mode on. Anyone who really wants to fly can turn it off. However I suspect that even the ppl who want world PVP wouldn't be able to resist the convenience of flying and so would just spend far more time with war mode off anyway. They couldn't really do it now because there would be so much outcry from peolple who earned flying having all their hard work taken away.
    The problem is that world pvpers who hate flying still feel the need to unlock pathfinder just to compete in warmode because it's so imbalanced. If flying were simply disabled in warmode most world pvpers wouldn't even bother with the pathfinder grind.

I haven't noticed any difference other than there being way less players playing. Like I don't even mean flying afk, just the zones are empty because almost everyone left, at least until 8.3 comes out. It's still some douchebag trying to jump me the second I pull anything, and then them dying like a dumbass because I'm way too tanky for their dps.

With or without flying, literally no one ever engages on me when I haven't pulled something, which means even if I could fly off into space with the power of farts, I can't because you can't fly while in combat.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that world pvpers who hate flying still feel the need to unlock pathfinder just to compete in warmode because it's so imbalanced. If flying were simply disabled in warmode most world pvpers wouldn't even bother with the pathfinder grind.
    How do you plan to convince Blizzard to disable flying? Because lets face it, they aren't reading this thread.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    People want the rewards...
    Tough shit.

War mode should cancel flying would be awesome all thoose pve people fucking upp balance sucks.

Stop trying to engage with people who don't want to wpvp and you'll stop being heartbroken. Perfectly fine that you don't get your kill on a gank.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    War mode should cancel flying would be awesome all thoose pve people fucking upp balance sucks.
    Warmode should also offer no additional talents or rewards. The reward for people who want to engage in wpvp should be the act of getting to engage in wpvp. You're not better than someone else for wanting to engage in the most pathetic form of pvp the game has to offer. You're not proving anything by getting kills there, and I'm a fan of rewards being proof of doing something meaningful or difficult.

i kind of get how it can be frustrating to have so many people in Warmode that do not engage in wPvP combat.

But why do you think that is? I mean following the logic if one enables Warmode he must be there for wPvP right?

As i can't speak for other people here's my perspective:

Do i have Warmode enabled? Yes i sure have.
    Am i interested in wPvP? Not in the slightest.
    Why do i have Warmode enabled then? PvE incentives.

So for me it is pretty simple. I will avoid all you wPvP players at all cost to get as much out of the PvE bonus as i can. I wouldn't even be there if there was no PvE bonus system.

So to me the question that should be asked is why do people who have Warmode enabled avoid wPvP? I think this is the actual problem. The reason to enable Warmode should only be to engage in wPvP. But as it is now this is simply not the case. Hence me playing a game mode i am not interested in at all because there are rewards in it for the content i am actually interested in.

This in return makes actual wPvP players frustrated because i will avoid each and everyone of you as good as i can.
    Last edited by Lyrel8490; 2019-12-16 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Stop trying to engage with people who don't want to wpvp and you'll stop being heartbroken. Perfectly fine that you don't get your kill on a gank.

- - - Updated - - -

Warmode should also offer no additional talents or rewards. The reward for people who want to engage in wpvp should be the act of getting to engage in wpvp. You're not better than someone else for wanting to engage in the most pathetic form of pvp the game has to offer. You're not proving anything by getting kills there, and I'm a fan of rewards being proof of doing something meaningful or difficult.
    Are you high? The whole argument is to have only people who wants PvP using warmode so balance ratios is better. Using your argument gear should be removed from raiding cause the kill should be the reward.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is good. We will have this all over again with the new expansion, and that is what makes it special. You can not burn out of it because you actually get the chance to miss it

It is a genius design if you ask me. Keeps people hooked, both, those in favor and those against it.

Warmode is still very much alive and active - Just use the net-o-matic5000, to catch flying people..
    We have 40man PVP wars every day, and people grind the world PVP achievements easily..

Its weakened, sure, but not ruined for me..

[Edited, for wording]

Quote Originally Posted by Allinna View Post
    The thing is, everyone has reminded OP about the Net. He complains it's not fast enough and doesn't have enough range. He's basically going to complain about any solution you can provide.

Also, he references how Classic is so much better WPVP wise because of no flying, yet WON'T play classic. He's just here to make bad faith arguments, and presents his opinion as facts.
    3.8. Worms that force players to fly low....I'm guessing just within net range.

This is actually kind of a better solution than it first appeared to be. Granted, it's not perfect. And I'm betting the OP still won't like it because he can't gank with no repercussions or risk....but it's better than current.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrel8490 View Post
    So to me the question that should be asked is why do people who have Warmode enabled avoid wPvP? I think this is the actual problem. The reason to enable Warmode should only be to engage in wPvP. But as it is now this is simply not the case. Hence me playing a game mode i am not interested in at all because there are rewards in it for the content i am actually interested in.
    The real question is, why wpvp sucks so much that it need rewards to encourage people enabling it?

The answer is simple: because its not pvp experience you want to have if you are into pvp. It's not pvp when one side is outnumbered.

World pvp is like playing LoL but there is 50% chance your teammates will disconnect.
    World pvp is like playing CS:Go but if you are CT (alliance), you only have bb guns
    World pvp is like playing Overwatch but your entire team has lags
    World pvp is like playing Fortnite except is not battle royale but 99 vs 1

And if you are lucky (or not be alliance) you are on the unfair advantage team.

PvP that is unfair by design is bound to fucking suck.