Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It is a healthy community...

Until you ninja loot, of course. Then, you're just a complete retard.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, don't say "iT's JuSt LoOt". A lot of guys put time and effort through their leveling and attunement ordeals. Not everyone's a Twitch Streamer, where shit's almost just handed to them. For example: Asmongold. I like the guy, I really do, but he mostly just goes AFK while everyone else does the work for him. Guess he kind of deserves it, but it kind of makes you look rather self righteous, I do say so myself.

Also depends on what people are basing toxicity on. Internet community =/= in-game community. People on forums (vocal minority) are the black-eye of almost every community, and typically not representative of the average player.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    The classic community has become the most toxic part of the wow community by leaps and bounds, why would you expect anything else?
    While there is a good amount of toxic jerks there, you actually get the feeling of being part of a community, contrary to Retail (imo). That is mostly due to connected servers, CRZ etc.
    And if one do not like min maxing / meta sheeps on Classic, they better not play retail which is build around M+ mostly nowadays. RaidIO, gearscore, achievement etc. So many ways do exclude players and make sure they do not belong anywhere in the game beside LFR/BG pugs. This at least is irrelevant in Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    So many ways do exclude players and make sure they do not belong anywhere in the game beside LFR/BG pugs. This at least is irrelevant in Classic.
    There is a flipside to that which you ignore - all those tools can be used to help INCLUDE players, and is a way for newer player to prove themselves, at least to some extent. For example - when people are looking for a guild / raid team, they can simply provide their RaiderIO, ilvl, and link some relevant achievements, and this could and often is a big factor in them getting a shot at a spot.

I sympathize that you got conned into thinking the community in classic will be better in any way than in the main game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Working as intended. Join a PvP guild and queue up with your own premade. It's actually your perspective that is causing issues here. It's an MMO.. something modern WoW hasn't been in a long time. A premade comes on and you are hampering them by not being in their Discord. If they have the majority, they are going to prune the non-premade members for room for others that are.

They aren't "anti-community" because they wanted to play with their guildies... you are for wanting to play solo and have others be forced to play with for you.

Well... that's one way to look at it obviously.
    I pity the fools who going to play this for many months just so that one person can get rank 14 >.<

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Because this is the meta that streamers and tryhards do. Rush drek or get out. Dont follow the meta, you get removed and replaced.

In the end though we gotta blame Blizzard for this shame of a AV version. It sucks monkeyballs.

Maybe the tryhards will slow down once they have maxed out rep.
    It's this stupid-ass streamer generation. I still don't get it and I'm sure I'm not alone. People follow these neckbeards and plebs around, holding onto every ridiculous thing they say as gospel. Most of them are not even good at the game. Take that Amsoglod guy. I've seen him once and he sucks... yet people give him money?

When my son was 14, he was on the bandwagon for a while.

Son: Dad, watch this guy!

Me: Ok, does he do something?

Son: No, just watch.

*watches for about 10 minutes*

Me: Ok... is he about to do something special or what?

Son: No lol, you just watch him.

Me: Why?

Son: Because he's *insert streamer's name here*

Me: ???

And this is small potatoes to the cringeworthy things I've read adults do with these people.

This is nothing new. Plato covered this centuries ago. Anonymity breeds asshole behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Twitch is replacing TV for your kids. When was the last time you saw something video game or even WoW related on TV?

Sure a lot of streamers are shit (I can't stand Asmon either) but you should at least be able to understand the desire for your kid to watch about his hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Twitch is replacing TV for your kids. When was the last time you saw something video game or even WoW related on TV?

Sure a lot of streamers are shit (I can't stand Asmon either) but you should at least be able to understand the desire for your kid to watch about his hobby.
    While you do make a valid point that it replaces TV, I guess it would make more sense to me if the people that are mentioned often are actually good at the game or even funny. Not only Amso but there was another streamer who sucks and acts like a spoiled child yet people find them entertaining? Why?

Then you have that one girl who I guess is dating Amso who made some big deal about how she's sick and tired of twitch viewers over sexualizing her yet more than half the pictures she posts to instagram are her in a bra and underwear.

The community was good at the start, but now everyone is just an honour hoe going for those rank 14 purples which, in reality, so few will get due to how rank 14 is awarded.
    RETH

It's this stupid-ass streamer generation. I still don't get it and I'm sure I'm not alone. People follow these neckbeards and plebs around, holding onto every ridiculous thing they say as gospel. Most of them are not even good at the game. Take that Amsoglod guy. I've seen him once and he sucks... yet people give him money?

When my son was 14, he was on the bandwagon for a while.

Son: Dad, watch this guy!

Me: Ok, does he do something?

Son: No, just watch.

*watches for about 10 minutes*

Me: Ok... is he about to do something special or what?

Son: No lol, you just watch him.

Me: Why?

Son: Because he's *insert streamer's name here*

And this is small potatoes to the cringeworthy things I've read adults do with these people.
    oh yeah I agree, I dont see the fasination towards it. It is what it is though.

Certain streamers, like Asmongold, dont like to think they actually do have a say in how the community as a whole is acting. He and others refuses that they have influence, but they do.

Once the streamers found out 3-4 mages & 1 healer spam were good for leveling in SM, that was the standard.

How people act in the game is also something they can influence. If they normalize ninjalooting and general shit behaviour, people that watch the stream think thats the norm.

its horrid. They have a responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    people act in the game is also something they can influence. If they normalize ninjalooting and general shit behaviour, people that watch the stream think thats the norm.
    That's one of the reasons I stopped playing WoW. When people started talking on the official forums about certain behavior that was always considered very shitty, you'd see replies with "well according to Asmongold..." and some attempt at rationalizing it.

Some doors cannot be shut...

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard there's an addon that can scan your group and check people's honor and tell you people who are close to yours so people and their friends can kick you so you get less honor/hour.

Classic is such a wonderful community.

If by healthy you mean dysfunctional then yes, it's very healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    There is a flipside to that which you ignore - all those tools can be used to help INCLUDE players, and is a way for newer player to prove themselves, at least to some extent. For example - when people are looking for a guild / raid team, they can simply provide their RaiderIO, ilvl, and link some relevant achievements, and this could and often is a big factor in them getting a shot at a spot.
    Yes that is my point entirely. You INCLUDE only players who are highly geared and/or have achievement.
    If a new player does not have required RaidIO / Achievement, guilds will not take him because he did not "prove himself". Fact is, he will never be able to prove himself because he will never get a spot in the first place, never get geared, never get achievement etc.
    There is a reason why 70% of tradechat in BfA is carry runs for gold. The only thing the newer player can prove is that he is able to take out his / her debit card and sell tokens for gold to buy runs / carry. That is a bit sad.

It is just my opinion though, and i get your point. While i think those tools are a nice source of information, the community (as always, be it Classic, retail or even other games) just exploit it in mostly the worst possible way. That is just 2019 gaming.

While you do make a valid point that it replaces TV, I guess it would make more sense to me if the people that are mentioned often are actually good at the game or even funny. Not only Amso but there was another streamer who sucks and acts like a spoiled child yet people find them entertaining? Why?

Then you have that one girl who I guess is dating Amso who made some big deal about how she's sick and tired of twitch viewers over sexualizing her yet more than half the pictures she posts to instagram are her in a bra and underwear.
    You are really a special kind of retard aren't you? If this whole drama is bothering you that much, why you invest so much time lurking instagram profiles?
    If you don't like asmongold, guess what? Just don't follow him. Just block him and go on with your life. You know people have different kind of interests and flavors. Just because you don't think something isn't funny, doesn't mean everyone should think the same. You just seem like a giant intolerant brick.

And for the 'skill' part. There are alot of streamers who have high viewer numbers because they're good at a certain game. For me these people often lack in the entertainment part, that's why I stop watching them after a while.

Regarding your posts and the shitty attitude you're showing I just say 'Ok Boomer'.

Quote Originally Posted by Domixux View Post
    You are really a special kind of retard aren't you? If this whole drama is bothering you that much, why you invest so much time lurking instagram profiles?
    If you don't like asmongold, guess what? Just don't follow him. Just block him and go on with your life. You know people have different kind of interests and flavors. Just because you don't think something isn't funny, doesn't mean everyone should think the same. You just seem like a giant intolerant brick.

And for the 'skill' part. There are alot of streamers who have high viewer numbers because they're good at a certain game. For me these people often lack in the entertainment part, that's why I stop watching them after a while.

Regarding your posts and the shitty attitude you're showing I just say 'Ok Boomer'.
    Get it out of your system.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Yes that is my point entirely. You INCLUDE only players who are highly geared and/or have achievement.
    If a new player does not have required RaidIO / Achievement, guilds will not take him because he did not "prove himself". Fact is, he will never be able to prove himself because he will never get a spot in the first place, never get geared, never get achievement etc.
    There is a reason why 70% of tradechat in BfA is carry runs for gold. The only thing the newer player can prove is that he is able to take out his / her debit card and sell tokens for gold to buy runs / carry. That is a bit sad.

It is just my opinion though, and i get your point. While i think those tools are a nice source of information, the community (as always, be it Classic, retail or even other games) just exploit it in mostly the worst possible way. That is just 2019 gaming.
    Everyone started without R.IO score or achievements. Yeah a new player will not get invited into +10s right away but why should they? New players can prove themselves by running their own key, that's the beauty of M+ noone can be excluded from his own key. Carries are only so prevelant because so many people want shortcuts.

In mythic+ experience is king. Start at +2 and work your way up. Like everyone before you. As an experiment I tested this on an alt hunter in season 2, it took me about 50 dungeons over 60 hours played (this included searching for groups) to get every dungeon +9 intime and after that I could get into +10 groups and did up to +12 intime. No help from friends or guild, of course r.io disconnected from blizzard for that time so no main score showing.

You only get excluded if you try to get into groups above your experience. And since higher mythics are actually hard that's a good thing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Everyone started without R.IO score or achievements. Yeah a new player will not get invited into +10s right away but why should they? New players can prove themselves by running their own key, that's the beauty of M+ noone can be excluded from his own key. Carries are only so prevelant because so many people want shortcuts.

In mythic+ experience is king. Start at +2 and work your way up. Like everyone before you. As an experiment I tested this on an alt hunter in season 2, it took me about 50 dungeons over 60 hours played (this included searching for groups) to get every dungeon +9 intime and after that I could get into +10 groups and did up to +12 intime. No help from friends or guild, of course r.io disconnected from blizzard for that time so no main score showing.

You only get excluded if you try to get into groups above your experience. And since higher mythics are actually hard that's a good thing IMO.
    They did but as the silly raider IO community grew, it became increasingly harder for anyone to catch up.

I don't disagree with you that you start out somewhere, but what Gratlim said is true. Sad, but true. While it's true that people do not have to take someone they do not want, all those pseudo-elitists are the reason raider IO is a joke. When you give control to tryhards and wannabe greats, you're asking for problems.