View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    So still no real release date? They're really gonna release it on New Year's Eve, huh?

WTB this game's release already... want to play some custom maps!

Quote Originally Posted by Linuriel View Post
    So still no real release date? They're really gonna release it on New Year's Eve, huh?
    probably gonna be delayed

Okay so I'm loving they are adding new doodads for Dalaran, Quel'thalas and the Broken isles, but I was a bit disappointed they didn't retcon the Broken Isles aesthetics to look like it does in current WoW (with the Tomb of Sargeras looking like it was made by some shore NE culture rather than the HB seen in wow) but credit were credit is due, they are using the new doodads to close that gap with the new statues and towers.

Also the other small disappointment campaign wise is that they didn't retcon the maps to look like the modern world, but with cartography that can always be chalked up to in universe pov inaccuracies (Tho IDK it will be weird if no mention is made of the dome just at the north lol)

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I wouldn't say that requiring the actual source of your statement is trolling.

If someone says that "Blizzard said so", then he/she should post a source. As I wrote a hundreds of times before - posting just a link to a website isn't a source. Real source is exact link with the interview.

For example, when you're doing a professional research - you cannot just write "some book/other research" in the sources, like:

you have to write something like:

As you see, it's shown exactly what the source is.

No one is going to treat you seriously if you keep using sources wrong(or you can't post/find them). As long as I don't see the real source(or as someone could say - counter-source to my statement), I think that my opinion is right.
    I literally linked you to their Warcraft3 Reforged articles. your obvious strawman is obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    Okay sorry lol, i was discussing a few videos of my own and others (comparisons) and that's all. I thought this is the place for discussing videos,art,pictures and everything Reforged related :P

I did notice people posting videos, that's why i also did post 1 single video. Lol. I guess we can just talk about it here then.
    Once we have a forum, go ahead and post your videos, or you could just have someone else post them, not get infracted, and not get the video removed
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2019-12-16 at 04:35 PM.

Can't wait to see if they will postpone the release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    I literally linked you to their Warcraft3 Reforged articles. your obvious strawman is obvious.
    Nah, you didn't.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really sure why people think this game is deserving of a delay. Their RTS games never have a single player beta, and the multiplayer in this game works perfectly fine. This is almost identical to the SC2 beta and way way better than the original WC3 beta.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Can't wait to see if they will postpone the release date.

Nah, you didn't.
    I will bet you $50 right here I did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lllBlackSunlll View Post
    Yeah, but they are doing way more than just a graphical update, which is the point. They ARE adding more than just graphics. They only ended up cutting stuff because they became over their head and probably not worth the investment since RTS is a generally dead genre
    What makes you think that?
    The very fact that reforged and TFT wc3 players can play together means that they are *not* doing much more than a graphics-update.

And since they didn't add too many things in the campaign (or even new levels) means that it really isn't anything but that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    What makes you think that?
    The very fact that reforged and TFT wc3 players can play together means that they are *not* doing much more than a graphics-update.

And since they didn't add too many things in the campaign (or even new levels) means that it really isn't anything but that.
    To be fair, the changes to multiplayer required several updates to TFT early this year, and that they planned multiplayer cross-play like this for multiplayer on top of skins and such like they have added a couple already.

- - - Updated - - -

That isn't a proper article lol, that's a link to every article about Wc3 on that site. It seems that you still don't have any idea of giving proper sources.

Anyway, there isn't any article about female dh/dk being skins, lol.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2019-12-16 at 05:47 PM.

That isn't a proper article lol, that's a link to every article about Wc3 on that site. It seems that you still don't have any idea of giving proper sources.

I wouldn't bother man, at this point the only reason to continue this conversation is getting lilithvia banned AGAIN...actually, carry on, it's fun seeing her get banned again and again, and constantly returning to the same bs after every single ban

And just to add my 2 cents to your discussion, I'm reasonably certain I've read and watched every single interview they did (there weren't that many, their team REALLY can't communicate T_T) and there wasn't anything said to confirm that genderbended heroes will be skins that can be turned on or off.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean I have no idea what you guys were talking about but you just literally just linked to a site's tag on the game.

That... that's not sourcing my dude lol.

they are skins, its in the game's "collections" tab, theyre under "skins", you can toggle them or you can untoggle them and get the male versions.
    Currently there are 2 Death Knight skins: Fallen King Arthas and Female DK, the "generic arthas model" is being used as a generic DK, but I am quite positive they'll make a generic DK model before release

But boooy I'd be pissed if they took my waifu DK away from me at release only to put it in some sort of store

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

you can bitcoin him the $50 btw

The game is obviously far from done if you watch some beta streams, custom games are laggy as hell, alot of fine tuning to do, like people have already said: they have cutted content just becuse they have no time.

I would rater se they postpone the game with 3-6 months just to get it right. It has only been a year since they announced it anyway.

I really want to play the game, but i want to play a 100% game, not 75% done.

If the custom games can't just port over there is no way they will be as good as they once were...

Watched my brother and his friend play a footmen frenzy, not looking good.

Doesn't look like it will ever be "done". Will be some sort of bastardization like classic

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffe View Post
    The game is obviously far from done if you watch some beta streams, custom games are laggy as hell, alot of fine tuning to do, like people have already said: they have cutted content just becuse they have no time.

I would rater se they postpone the game with 3-6 months just to get it right. It has only been a year since they announced it anyway.

I really want to play the game, but i want to play a 100% game, not 75% done.

I've been in every Blizzard beta of the last 20 years and this is pretty standard for one of their RTS betas. Not sure what people think is missing from this one that's worthy of postponing it. This is almost identical to what the original War3 and TFT betas were like.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    If the custom games can't just port over there is no way they will be as good as they once were...

Watched my brother and his friend play a footmen frenzy, not looking good.

Doesn't look like it will ever be "done". Will be some sort of bastardization like classic
    Almost all of Classic's issues stem from it being Classic, not anything modern Blizzard did wrong. The notable exception would be how the servers handle large scale PvP. Custom game quality is going to depend a lot on the mapmakers yeah.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2019-12-16 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I've been in every Blizzard beta of the last 20 years and this is pretty standard for one of their RTS betas. Not sure what people think is missing from this one that's worthy of postponing it. This is almost identical to what the original War3 and TFT betas were like.
    what are you talking about?

if the custom games don't port it's ruined, lol

no1 is gonna come back and redo that massive library to make it work in reforged. Might as well just stick to the original

Blizzard isn't going to go in and fix these maps......

There is no redone campaign and the custom games don't port..Beyond updated graphics for melee I don't see any reason anyone would want to buy it

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    what are you talking about?

if the custom games don't port it's ruined, lol

no1 is gonna come back and redo that massive library to make it work in reforged. Might as well just stick to the original

Blizzard isn't going to go in and fix these maps......

There is no redone campaign and the custom games don't port..Beyond updated graphics for melee I don't see any reason anyone would want to buy it
    You expect Blizzard to bugtest your custom maps for you? That's pretty entitled. Especially with all the janky shit that had to be done to get some of the maps to work in the first place. Making custom maps work has always been the job of the community. If people want the maps to work correctly the community will update them.

Also not sure what you're looking for with a "redone campaign." - The campaign units have updated graphics as well. If you're hoping for re-done cinematics, sure, but the in-game cutscenes and the campaign maps will all be better so I'm really not sure what your complaint is.

From a person that pretty much only plays melee and will give the campaign another run through just because I don't see much reason to NOT buy this game.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You expect Blizzard to bugtest your custom maps for you? That's pretty entitled. Especially with all the janky shit that had to be done to get some of the maps to work in the first place. Making custom maps work has always been the job of the community. If people want the maps to work correctly the community will update them.

Also not sure what you're looking for with a "redone campaign." - The campaign units have updated graphics as well. If you're hoping for re-done cinematics, sure, but the in-game cutscenes and the campaign maps will all be better so I'm really not sure what your complaint is.

From a person that pretty much only plays melee and will give the campaign another run through just because I don't see much reason to NOT buy this game.
    NO i expect them to make the games port without anything but visual bugs...Which at the moment they are not. Warcraft reforged will not work if you can't just copy past your old map files into reforged.

Which means all of this is pointless custom games are what made WC3, spawned a whole genre of games (mobas)

This is so over your head lol