Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    "Rey and Kylo have no Saiyan Genes that somehow make them much more "interconnected" with the Force.
    Actually as of the phantom menace that’s exactly how it works as force power is based off midaclorians.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean in the books that aren't canon? Yeah...
    The books were canon until Disney that’s the whole point the idea isn’t something that Disney came up with it was Lucas films.

"Vader got beat by Luke" I hate this argument, cause you could clearly see that Vader wasn't trying to kill Luke. Like, at all. Otherwise, the fight would be over.

"Luke’s able to control black holes (Eu) and shake whole star destroys (canon) but in the movies the most he does is lift an xwing." This was during the beginning of his training, and we've seen nothing else afterwards in the films of his feats other than him defeating Vader. Luke in the canon (As well as Legends) is a badass that can destroy Star Destroyers, and quite possibly break even stars and planets. Him controlling black holes in the Legends books are, while impressive, not the best thing he's done. Both Canon, and Legends, he's still far beyond Rey and Kylo, even in Raw Force power alone. Rey and Kylo, while I don't doubt they're badass, aren't supported enough to last in a proper fight against Vader nor Luke.
    killing some one isn’t the only way to win a fight as we have seen in other fights when people are disarmed like with duku or palp in episode 3.

Luke shaking a stardestoryer in canon happens before he meets yoda it’s a feat based off raw strength before his training. But again none of that translate into the films it never has. Rey and kylo might not be as skilled and likely wouldn’t beat either of them but the doesn’t change that as far as canon goes they are both stronger then Luke who was stronger then Vader.

"Rey and kylo are above both of them but just like either of them we don’t get to see that in the movies as the movies don’t show off and never have." Most of their feats are shown in the films though. So, what you're saying is either contradicted by this, or was just wrong to begin with.
    Most of Rey and kylo’s feats are in the films as there is very little extended Material on them, the vast majority of Luke’s/Vader’s feats and every single one that shows raw power are in extended material. There is no black hole controlling stardestroyer shaking wave holding backing feats in any of the movies why do you think there would be fore kylo or Rey?

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Actually as of the phantom menace that’s exactly how it works as force power is based off midaclorians.

- - - Updated - - -

The books were canon until Disney that’s the whole point the idea isn’t something that Disney came up with it was Lucas films.

killing some one isn’t the only way to win a fight as we have seen in other fights when people are disarmed like with duku or palp in episode 3.

Luke shaking a stardestoryer in canon happens before he meets yoda it’s a feat based off raw strength before his training. But again none of that translate into the films it never has. Rey and kylo might not be as skilled and likely wouldn’t beat either of them but the doesn’t change that as far as canon goes they are both stronger then Luke who was stronger then Vader.

Most of Rey and kylo’s feats are in the films as there is very little extended Material on them, the vast majority of Luke’s/Vader’s feats and every single one that shows raw power are in extended material. There is no black hole controlling stardestroyer shaking wave holding backing feats in any of the movies why do you think there would be fore kylo or Rey?
    Why are you trying so hard to defend the disney trilogy sweetie ? Did you like them so much ?

Trolling isnt allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-12-16 at 09:05 PM.
    5'11 tranny, proud of it, but NOT an sjw.
    Margot Robbie = GOALS

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Princess From Norway View Post
    Why are you trying so hard to defend the disney trilogy sweetie ? Did you like them so much ?
    I like Starwars I like stating facts thus I like stating facts about Starwars.

Rather I like the movies or not is secondary as I like the franchise more then I dislike either movie.

Hell most of the post has nothing to do with the new movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reydan View Post
    That really doesn't tell anything just that she matches the power of Kylo. Vader/Anakin is alot stronger in the force and combat skills than both Kylo and Rey, I can't seem how you think otherwise.
    Luke is, according to the old EU, stronger than Vader. In the OT, he's just untrained, where Vader has a lifetime of practice and training behind him.

Luke has encountered and fought against the power of both Vader and Palpatine, the two strongest non-Luke Force users, even if you don't want to accept the old EU stuff about Luke.

And Luke states, flat-out, that Kylo is stronger than anyone else he'd ever known, and that Rey is Kylo's equal.

You can not like this fact, but it remains a canonical fact; Rey is the strongest Force user in the modern Star Wars timeline, tied with Kylo Ren. Stronger than Vader or Palpatine or Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Luke and Anakin were definitely not "using the force" prior to their training.

Anakin's pod racing reflexes were natural to him, he didn't understand why others couldn't do what he did. It was simply a natural part of life, he couldn't manipulate or change anything that was "force" related.
    It still absolutely involved the use of the Force. They specifically state that no human had the physical reflexes to be able to handle a pod racer without crashing and dying in the first lap. Anakin, at age 6, not only can not crash, he's able to win. Because he's tapping into the Force. That's the only reason.

It may be subconscious, but he's still using the Force.

"But in raw strength, they pass him"

Ahahahahaha...AHHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

AHHHHHAAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! This man literally pushed waves of an ocean with his force powers during Fallen Order. Pretty sure Kylo and Rey are NO match for him.
    You're overselling the scene in Fallen Order by, like, a lot. It's probably the least impressive thing we see Vader do in that game. And regardless, yes, even Vader's power level isn't as high as Kylo Ren or Rey. That's a canonical fact, and you not liking that fact doesn't change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Ah my wording was poor, anakin and Luke are both using the force for heightened reflexes but they weren’t actively manipulating it like say a force pull or lift.

Also where was it said that the less force users there are the stronger people are? Because Disney canon has a metric ton of force users just not Jedi or sith.
    It's been awhile since I watched the movies, but I believe it was Luke who stated that the Force was a source and the more people using it the more it's diluted. He explained it's why Snoke was so powerful, would also be able to explain all the across the universe force projecting and what not.

The reviews aren't reassuring either. ..Poll going up Wednesday night.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

It still absolutely involved the use of the Force. They specifically state that no human had the physical reflexes to be able to handle a pod racer without crashing and dying in the first lap. Anakin, at age 6, not only can not crash, he's able to win. Because he's tapping into the Force. That's the only reason.

It may be subconscious, but he's still using the Force.

To me it's not really using the Force. We've seen Force users, and we have Force sensitives. Sensitives don't "use" the force, they are simply sensitive to it. Anakin was below this, the Force was "whispering" to him, but he couldn't hear it, but he could feel it urging him to do things which he followed. But he still didn't know what it was, nor could he really call upon it. As an example, Donny Yen in R1 is a Force sensitive, in ways he could hear and communicate with the force, he still couldn't use it but was capable of great things. I think it's an important distinction that set Anakin apart from other children. For all accounts he was an ordinary child who mostly did ordinary things, but things happened to him and things guided him which he just went along with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    If they can hide literally everything of plot relevance from Frozen 2 promotional materials, they could have done the same for Ep. ix
    Aren't their way fewer people for animated movies as far as production staff and crew go? You don't have a catering team, gaffer number 5, foley 6, and makeup artist 4 to worry about spilling the beans for animate movies do you?

Maybe that's why it's easier for Frozen 2 than Star Wars XYZ

Seeing someone do it and then doing it back isn't good writing. In fact, that's straight up comedic writing and works like something from DB. No joke. It's like when Goku first did the Kamehameha right after Roshi did it, or when Broly started copying Goku's moves just after seeing him do so. This doesn't really work for Star Wars, as it's not Dragon Ball.

- - - Updated - - -
    You are purposely being asinine. If I have never thrown a ball before, and see someone do it, and give it a go, I may not throw the ball very well... but I still threw the ball.

Rey's mind control came right after she first hand experienced someone force their way into her mind. She may not know exactly how it works, but she has an idea, and gave it a go. It's not as if she mind controlled someone who was a Force user, or someone who was immune to it previously, it was just some asshole storm trooper. And as I said, it could have very easily just been Snoke doing it, seeing as he essentially said he set up all the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Aren't their way fewer people for animated movies as far as production staff and crew go? You don't have a catering team, gaffer number 5, foley 6, and makeup artist 4 to worry about spilling the beans for animate movies do you?

Maybe that's why it's easier for Frozen 2 than Star Wars XYZ
    Have you seen the credits of a modern film, animated or no? Hundreds of people work on these. It’s not a question of production crew secrecy (even if I used that as an example), it’s a question of how Disney is clearly capable of keeping plot spoilers out of promotional materials, but for some dumbass reason used a super important plot twist as a selling point for ROS. Anyone who’s seen a tv commercial or internet ad has had Ep. ix pretty much wholly spoiled for them because of it.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    It's been awhile since I watched the movies, but I believe it was Luke who stated that the Force was a source and the more people using it the more it's diluted. He explained it's why Snoke was so powerful, would also be able to explain all the across the universe force projecting and what not.
    I’l have to give it another look then, something like that should be in the comic adaption so it shouldn’t be to hard to find and I won’t have to skip though the actual movie.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The reviews aren't reassuring either. ..Poll going up Wednesday night.
    Disney seens pretty desperate with this movie. I know it will do okay because people will see anything made by disney nowadays but it seens the development of it was a mess. There are several videos at youtube saying how the preview screenings of it were a disaster and how its pretty much a frankstein type of movie in the sense of being a mesh of diferent plots. Some even said the final cut of the movie was finished like a month ago. The leaks, if correct, makes the plot of last jedi seens a masterpiece, with once again Rey beating the crap out of everything and everyone left and right. Its good there isn't a new Death Star, by now she would be able to blow it up like she was a character of Dragon Ball Z (thinking of an episode where the green dude blew the moon with his finger in DBZ).

Personally I don't care much as I have no intent of seeing it at the cinemas (only saw force awakens in the movies because of my son and I regret every second of it). The disney star wars is fanfic at best for me. I just take a look and forget about it. I just disconsider everything done after it was sold to mickey mouse. Rogue one had some amusing parts though.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    The best example off the top of my head is him posing for a picture holding up a hand written note reading "Your Snoke Theory Sucks."

It was needlessly antagonistic and implies his ideas for the character (and Star Wars as a whole) are better then anything the fans speculated about.
    He was right though. Most Snoke theories sucked. Hard.

I actually thought it was funny.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Have you seen the credits of a modern film, animated or no? Hundreds of people work on these. It’s not a question of production crew secrecy (even if I used that as an example), it’s a question of how Disney is clearly capable of keeping plot spoilers out of promotional materials, but for some dumbass reason used a super important plot twist as a selling point for ROS. Anyone who’s seen a tv commercial or internet ad has had Ep. ix pretty much wholly spoiled for them because of it.
    Eh. I've been on a location that is a set for a movie a few times. Tons of people there. A whole army. I really doubt that they have 50+ people show up at the animation movie production studio every day just to COOK breakfast for the cast and crew that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    He was right though. Most Snoke theories sucked. Hard.

I actually thought it was funny.
    The quality of other peoples theories doesn't change the fact that his comments were needlessly inflammatory and unprofessional.

On a completely different note a wave of leaked high quality photos hit reddit today. Leaks have all but been confirmed. Title Crawl is out as well.
    Last edited by Fayolynn; 2019-12-17 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Disney seens pretty desperate with this movie. I know it will do okay because people will see anything made by disney nowadays but it seens the development of it was a mess. There are several videos at youtube saying how the preview screenings of it were a disaster and how its pretty much a frankstein type of movie in the sense of being a mesh of diferent plots. Some even said the final cut of the movie was finished like a month ago. The leaks, if correct, makes the plot of last jedi seens a masterpiece, with once again Rey beating the crap out of everything and everyone left and right. Its good there isn't a new Death Star, by now she would be able to blow it up like she was a character of Dragon Ball Z (thinking of an episode where the green dude blew the moon with his finger in DBZ).

Personally I don't care much as I have no intent of seeing it at the cinemas (only saw force awakens in the movies because of my son and I regret every second of it). The disney star wars is fanfic at best for me. I just take a look and forget about it. I just disconsider everything done after it was sold to mickey mouse. Rogue one had some amusing parts though.
    Ultra conspiracy theory...

Disney purposely made the movies tied to Lucas SW as shitty as possible to destroy his continuing toy rights.
    Disney will then take good SW and pull a Disney vault with them and only sell them once every 10 years.

Review Embargoes are used to determine the quality of a film.

A review embargo is where a studio prevents professional and respected reviewers from reviewing a new film. The more confident a studio is that they have a smash hit on their hands, the earlier the review embargo is lifted (in order to get great reviews from respected reviewers in circulation in the press). If a studio thinks a movie will be a bomb, they maintain a review embargo until days (or even hours!) before release.

The review embargo for the Rise of Skywalker is STILL IN PLACE. It is not expected to be lifted until one minute past midnight on December 19th, which is actually AFTER its world premiere on December 16th (ROFL) and just ONE DAY before wide release on December 20th. Again, the quality of the reviews is immaterial. What matters is WHEN the embargo gets lifted. This lift date is a vote of no confidence in this film.

The review embargoes for episode 7 and 8 were also extremely late, and both wound up being hated by the public.

https://www.newsweek.com/star-wars-r...ws-out-1477429
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

And the red carpet premiere is over!! Discuss the spoilers of the movie with spoiler tags. Poll going up tomorrow (Wednesday). Do not even drop a vague spoiler despite even if there have been meritible posts in this thread.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

And to absolutely no one's surprise, the leaks were true.

7+ Year Old Account
    I haven’t gone though all the leaks but if they are true I dread that they didn’t let the past die or kill it if they had to.

Hopefully it will Atlest be good from a film perspective unlike TLJ.

But fun fact if Rey is related to palp that would make her either a kinda of sibling to anakin or a kind of niece as palp is the one who made anakin.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-12-17 at 05:32 AM.