Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Everytime someone is a face of the movement you all make up conspiracies, typical Republicans.
    Lol, It's not unreasonable to say Greta might not be entirely the leader.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Oh please. Here is your dear leader while the activists were being attacked.
    That was quite shameful. Granted, there isn't much he can do personally beyond his administration's current policies. Time and the media as a whole on the other hand have a responsibility to carefully and accurately cover events and attempt to be impartial and fair when writing stories. Instead, they are engaged in petty activism. But yes, continue to keep your head buried so far in the sand to the goings on around you that all you can do is scream repetitively about the obvious moral deficiencies of the president that only the most puerile cling to pointing out. The adults moved on a long time ago and are concerned with the important, concrete events in the world.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Mayhem, let's try and direct our arguments toward the content of a post as opposed to the source of a post. AKA ad hominem.
    I'd love to, but the content of your posts are imaginary wonderworlds based on wishful thinking.

We shouldn't care about global warming because we can adapt and if we can't, well the populations of entire countries could just move to the neighbouring countries.

That's not an argument, that's the story of a really bad movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Oh please. Here is your dear leader while the activists were being attacked.

Remember when people were outraged At Germany for one Minister congratulating Iran for their national holiday?
    Surely Trump will face the same... /s.

Btw... why does he not?

15+ Year Old Account
    Exactly yes on the bolded part, for the climate what we want is a strategy of 'problem solving' and not a strategy of 'problem avoidance'.

Regarding the "it will work itself out" I can't predict the future and say that because of the fact that the future is unpredictable in principle. With civilization there will never be guarantee of anything in the future, all we can do is maximize our problem solving efforts. Any kind of promise that people will fail or succeed is nothing but pure prophecy.
    Dude, stop this two dimensional thinking it's really stupid. It's not 0 or 1 it's everything between with likelihoods.

We know what CO2 does, we know how emissions are created, we can measure how much emissions are trapped beneath the ice, and their release will inevitably have a negatie impact, that's not something that is unpredictable.

Unless you think heating up water and then drinking the fuming liquid will have an unpredictable outcome on your body, it could also not burn your mouth because the future is unpredictable in principle.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    It really goes to show the sad state of journalism when she wins as an "activist"
    LOL, what is "winning an activist" Knadra?

You don't know what Time Magazine's PotY award is, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Climate change politics are Professional Managerial Class politics.

A disciplinary discourse to control workers in service of imperceptible goal, on whose behalf management can speak with moral fervor of a doomsday cult leader. Everyday life under capitalism is already an existential threat for workers.

The conservationist/environmentalist movements have been totally co-opted and subverted by the climate change cult who’s main goal is to pass the cost of any ‘solution’ onto the workers who are least able to pay ala macrons carbon tax. We should all order yellow vests.
    You do understand climate change has been proven to be happening right? Humanity created this situation and humanity is obligated to fix it no matter the cost and yes that even includes people who are "least able" to pay for it. Humanity is facing an extinction event so money means fuckall if there is no one left to spend it.

I really don't get why you people are arguing against doing anything to address climate change. Is your desire to make libs mad that important to you that you are willing to sell out every human on this planet? You people are absolutely sick and twisted and are just as much a threat to humankind if not more so than climate change.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2019-12-17 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    That was quite shameful. Granted, there isn't much he can do personally beyond his administration's current policies.
    He can shut the fuck up and stop licking cum off the shoes of any dictator who will let him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Lil angry greta.
    People should be more concerned with the "angry" planet. We are literally causing it to destroy us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aruktai View Post
    Absolutely disgusting - it should have gone to the Hong Kong protesters, given that sheer bravery and horror involved in what they're doing - fighting against a fascist state with little to no meaningful outside support. Whether you agree with the protests or not, regular people going up against armed police/soldiers is impressive.
    And if climate change isn't addressed then all of those people, every single one of them not to mention the rest of humanity will cease to exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cockus Maximus View Post
    I think she’s perfect. Name a better representative of 2019 than a petulant child screaming ineffectually about politics beyond their understanding or control.
    She isn't talking about politics. She is talking about climate change. As someone pointed out it is absolutely shameful that children have had to take on this issue. Adults should be taking care of the children not the other way around. If anything children have far more vested interest in addressing climate change because this is an issue that will affect them and their own children far more than the adults who have put us in this situation in the first place.

Seems like a worthwhile choice just for the amount of outrage it caused.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    People should be more concerned with the "angry" planet. We are literally causing it to destroy us.

- - - Updated - - -

And if climate change isn't addressed then all of those people, every single one of them not to mention the rest of humanity will cease to exist.

- - - Updated - - -

She isn't talking about politics. She is talking about climate change. As someone pointed out it is absolutely shameful that children have had to take on this issue. Adults should be taking care of the children not the other way around. If anything children have far more vested interest in addressing climate change because this is an issue that will affect them and their own children far more than the adults who have put us in this situation in the first place.
    I know I always give India and China shit at every opportunity for destroying this planet the most with their polution, motherfuckers.
    Do you hear the voices too?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I know I always give India and China shit at every opportunity for destroying this planet the most with their polution, motherfuckers.
    Ignorance is bliss.

If people weren't worried and reporting on SLR then I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be reported on or feared, right? Just like the northern ice melting and polar bears in serious danger and needing to be relocated and are set to go extinct by 2030
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

People who deny climate change, or that it is man made are just afraid of what it means, it is uncomfortable and scary.

I suggest not talking to them like they're stupid but rather like they are frightened and in denial.

I wonder how she feels when they slaughter thousands of trees to honor her.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    You do understand climate change has been proven to be happening right? Humanity created this situation and humanity is obligated to fix it no matter the cost and yes that even includes people who are "least able" to pay for it. Humanity is facing an extinction event so money means fuckall if there is no one left to spend it.

I really don't get why you people are arguing against doing anything to address climate change. Is your desire to make libs mad that important to you that you are willing to sell out every human on this planet? You people are absolutely sick and twisted and are just as much a threat to humankind if not more so than climate change.
    I didn't deny it was happening. I merely pointed out that a crisis is being exploited for a power grab.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    We shouldn't care about global warming because we can adapt and if we can't
    Of course not Mayhem. We should care about global warming. Technological problem solving should be our primary focus, adaptation is important but it's not the solution itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    It's not 0 or 1 it's everything between with likelihoods.
    Actually no, either something happens or it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    What the hell even is this thread any more.... Holy fuck. Can't believe I actually read the last few pages of PrimaryColor's nonsense and people continually going in circles with him.
    This isn't an argument. If you have some kind of point about the topic itself then let me know so that we can talk about it.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't deny it was happening. I merely pointed out that a crisis is being exploited for a power grab.
    It won't work though. Even if one group or party gets power and implements a policy it can be easily undone in the next couple cycles if it's shown that it's not solving the problem. So at best a power grab is relevant for maybe 4-12 years, which isn't much for a multi-decade issue like climate change.

7+ Year Old Account
    It won't work though. Even if one group or party gets power and implements a policy it can be easily undone in the next couple cycles if it's shown that it's not solving the problem. So at best a power grab is relevant for maybe 4-12 years, which isn't much for a multi-decade issue like climate change.
    Your insipid worship of Status Quo and utterly useless points really don't add to this conversation. If I could boil down your position on Climate Change it is ultimately to do nothing and to say whatever sounds reasonable in a given moment to argue for exactly that position.

You wax and wane rather annoyingly between conflicting positions. Both that we should do nothing about it now because future people with WOW GEE WHIZ innovation will solve it, which is strange because it presumes that one day BOOM there will be a cataclysm to solve like its some Day After Tomorrow blockbuster scenario, instead of a slow moving crisis that takes time and thus is best solved early when there is time and resources to do so, or that we should do nothing because we don't know for sure its happening, OR we should do nothing because it is happening and its a good thing.

Basically your position is to do nothing; whatever reasons you give are purely tailored to whoever you are talking to and thus worthless.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your insipid worship of Status Quo and utterly useless points really don't add to this conversation. If I could boil down your position on Climate Change it is ultimately to do nothing and to say whatever sounds reasonable in a given moment to argue for exactly that position.

You wax and wane rather annoyingly between conflicting positions. Both that we should do nothing about it now because future people with WOW GEE WHIZ innovation will solve it, which is strange because it presumes that one day BOOM there will be a cataclysm to solve like its some Day After Tomorrow blockbuster scenario, instead of a slow moving crisis that takes time and thus is best solved early when there is time and resources to do so, or that we should do nothing because we don't know for sure its happening, OR we should do nothing because it is happening and its a good thing.

Basically your position is to do nothing; whatever reasons you give are purely tailored to whoever you are talking to and thus worthless.
    Okay so if I ever said "we should do nothing" then it must've been some kind of mistake. I'm for rapid problem solving especially as it relates to developing and implementing geo-engineering solutions that allow us to transform and manipulate the environment. Sequestration is one example. If you don't agree that geo-engineering is the best strategy for this then you are free to offer the strategy that you think will be most effective.

best solved early
    I'm all for solving it ASAP, i'd be willing to support new efforts on this as soon as today.

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay so if I ever said "we should do nothing" then it must've been some kind of mistake. I'm for rapid problem solving especially as it relates to developing and implementing geo-engineering solutions that allow us to transform and manipulate the environment. Sequestration is one example. If you don't agree that geo-engineering is the best strategy for this then you are free to offer the strategy that you think will be most effective.

I'm all for solving it ASAP, i'd be willing to support new efforts on this as soon as today.
    Geo-Engineering? Pffffttttt "Hey, lets pollute less" "NAH! Lets dump more random shit into the atmosphere and maybe build a space mirror!".