Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

7+ Year Old Account
    Rey's new lightsaber
    https://i.imgur.com/0PSI3r7.jpg

There is good in Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker. But there is more that is disappointing. There are a number of choices that just don't track, fan service that doesn't work, and ignored details that are missed. I'm bummed.
    https://twitter.com/eeisenberg/statu...21741214883841

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I’ve been working on a similar theory. Those of us who bought into SW long before the prequels were hastily created may not love everything about 7 and 8, but we’re much less likely to hate them compared to people who were introduced during the prequel era. Probably just confirmation bias though.
    It is. I was born the same year Star Wars was. My Chewie action figure is the first toy I remember. I still have all of my SW toys locked away in boxes in the attic. I have been a SW fan for literally my entire life.

I enjoyed TFA. It was fun and it let us get to see what the old gang had gotten up to.

I despised TLJ. It was an insult to SW fandom. I have never been more angry leaving a movie theater. That's why people have such a vitriolic response to Johnson. It felt like he was taking your childhood, smearing it in shit and handing it back to you while mouthing "you're welcome".

To stay on topic, I have low expectations for Ep. 9. I feel like there'll be fun elements but since the story is a FUCKING TRILOGY....the final movie won't be able to connect the dots from the first because of the train wreck that happened in the middle.
    Last edited by Budong; 2019-12-17 at 07:07 AM.

I wonder if The Rise of Skywalker will top TLJ in terms of SJWability?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Rey's new lightsaber
    they will pullout some Samuel shit of she have to be different and need to have a different and cool unique color too?

and ho boy i saw the leak, and its worse than i though, i bet it will make some people who like the new trilogy angry

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they will pullout some Samuel shit of she have to be different and need to have a different and cool unique color too?

and ho boy i saw the leak, and its worse than i though, i bet it will make some people who like the new trilogy angry
    Having all of these different colored lightsabers makes no sense. The whole point of the color was to denote your allegiance. There are only two sides in this conflict: disciplined followers of the Light Side, who no matter what tragedies befall them or what slights are made against them, they will not let go of their discipline and devotion (thus their cool, calm, blue blades of light), versus the unrestrained Dark Side users, who use try to twist the Force to their own ends. RotJ accidentally started the trend of multiple colors because during the scenes on Tatooine, a blue lightsaber would have been indistinguishable from the blue sky, so they changed it to green, and now everybody thinks "well Luke made his own lightsaber green, so having your own colored lightsaber is a mark of individualism!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Having all of these different colored lightsabers makes no sense. The whole point of the color was to denote your allegiance. There are only two sides in this conflict: disciplined followers of the Light Side, who no matter what tragedies befall them or what slights are made against them, they will not let go of their discipline and devotion (thus their cool, calm, blue blades of light), versus the unrestrained Dark Side users, who use try to twist the Force to their own ends. RotJ accidentally started the trend of multiple colors because during the scenes on Tatooine, a blue lightsaber would have been indistinguishable from the blue sky, so they changed it to green, and now everybody thinks "well Luke made his own lightsaber green, so having your own colored lightsaber is a mark of individualism!".
    The creators of the film "accidentally" made the lightsaber green? Are you even hearing yourself? Yes, it may have been partially due to the limitations in the early 80's that they decided to make his lightsaber green in Return of the Jedi, but it's canon and there is lore to back it up. Mace Windu has a purple lightsaber. Darth Maul had a dual-saber. Kylo Ren's saber also looks different than your average one. There are countless of different looking sabers, both in shape and colour, in the EU/Legends. There is absolutely nothing abnormal about Rey also having a unique one.

You're desperately grasping at straws here. Then again, that's totally in character in suppose.
    Last edited by Horrid Crow; 2019-12-17 at 08:49 AM.
    What is worth fighting for?

Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post
    The creators of the film "accidentally" made the lightsaber green? Are you even hearing yourself? Yes, it may have been partially due to the limitations in the early 80's that they decided to make his lightsaber green in Return of the Jedi, but it's canon and there is lore to back it up. Mace Windu has a purple lightsaber. Darth Maul had a dual-saber. Kylo Ren's saber also looks different than your average one. There are countless of different looking sabers, both in shape and colour, in the EU/Legends.

You're desperately grasping at straws here. Then again, that's totally in character in suppose.
    I am discussing authorial intent, which is clear that there was only supposed to be the duality between red and blue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am discussing authorial intent, which is clear that there was only supposed to be the duality between red and blue.
    It was George Lucas, the author and creator of Star Wars, that gave Luke, Darth Maul and Mace Windu their unique lightsabers.
    You don't know shit about his authorial intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post
    It was George Lucas, the author and creator of Star Wars, that gave Luke, Darth Maul and Mace Windu their unique lightsabers.
    You don't know shit about his authorial intent.
    After technical limitations prevented him from fulfilling his original vision, yes.

7+ Year Old Account
    i remember reading about then some time ago, and it was a bit of a mess of what was right or canon, they said it was based on the stone/gem, it was made, then based on the user, then if it was hand-made by the user, and the read ones being "artificial", never understood everything, i would appreciate some consistency

10+ Year Old Account
    After technical limitations prevented him from fulfilling his original vision, yes.
    Source please. At this point you have zero credibility for anything you say unless you can prove us you're George Lucas himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So your complaining just for the sake of complaining then.
    Sometimes comments like this are really so exhausing, because i need to explain things over and over and over and over and over again and again and again...

It's about that they decide to take rather a superman from a multiverse that maybe a few fans know instead of another of the many many superheroes in the dc universe that are actually black and be a better representative. Black Panter shows how this gets done. Instead they go full SJW, taking the name Superman, putting their agenda into a costume, and want to rise the SJW-Nonsense. And yes, it's canon, but really, it's simply about agenda, not about to take another multiverse where president superman is shown.

It's canon yes, but really, this is not about the multiverse, it's about their fricking agenda, and it happens all the time now. And that's canon it's just an excuse to make their agenda seemingly legit.

Sorry, but yes, it makes me angry and complain about it not because of the sake of complaining, but because there is actually an issue. But since it's canon, people fall for people who still want to make their fricking agenda somehow successful. But it isn't as we saw it with Charlies angels, Ghostbusters and so on. A good movie never works together with a fricking agenda. And destroying more franchises just for the sake of wokeness isn't the way to go.

And no, going political in a movie is not woke. Look at joker: small bugdet, gigantic success and lots of political in it. Ok, it's joker, even the name alone makes money, but it doesn't change the fact that the movie was excellent and joaquin phoenix was brilliant in the role.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some more leaks from another Twitter user who went to the premiere
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLea...tter_user_who/

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I haven’t gone though all the leaks but if they are true I dread that they didn’t let the past die or kill it if they had to.

Hopefully it will Atlest be good from a film perspective unlike TLJ.

But fun fact if Rey is related to palp that would make her either a kinda of sibling to anakin or a kind of niece as palp is the one who made anakin.
    If RoS is a bomb, I expect the entire sequel trilogy to eventually get stricken from the canon. Its all the rage now. Make a new Terminator film, also strike the last 3 Terminator films from the canon. Make a new Halloween film, strike a bunch of Halloween films from the canon.

I would expect another version of episode 7.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    If RoS is a bomb, I expect the entire sequel trilogy to eventually get stricken from the canon. Its all the rage now. Make a new Terminator film, also strike the last 3 Terminator films from the canon. Make a new Halloween film, strike a bunch of Halloween films from the canon.

I would expect another version of episode 7.
    i hope not. this sequel trilogy hasn't been my favorite but once you start doing that shit is when a franchise is really in the shitter.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    i hope not. this sequel trilogy hasn't been my favorite but once you start doing that shit is when a franchise is really in the shitter.
    SW sort of already is. They should have incorporated all Legends and SWTOR etc. stuff to canon.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    SW sort of already is. They should have incorporated all Legends and SWTOR etc. stuff to canon.
    way too much and disney wants to make new fans. EU was great for people like me because i'm way into it, but they want to appeal to my wife and daughters too. can't be mad at them.

frankly, i don't feel like explaining over 40 years of expanded stuff either lol. it blows peoples minds when i tell them that the Sith and Mandalorians started as an actual race of aliens

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    way too much and disney wants to make new fans. EU was great for people like me because i'm way into it, but they want to appeal to my wife and daughters too. can't be mad at them.

frankly, i don't feel like explaining over 40 years of expanded stuff either lol. it blows peoples minds when i tell them that the Sith and Mandalorians started as an actual race of aliens
    How does that complicate things? It just recognizes official backstory to exist if people want to dig deeper. Now the issue is that they threw like 98% of all existing SW stuff in to the garbage bin and act like it never existed. The SW enthusiasts loved that lore and world, not the hollow shell of what is actually being shown in the movies, which is just a scratch of the surface.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    How does that complicate things? It just recognizes official backstory to exist if people want to dig deeper. Now the issue is that they threw like 98% of all existing SW stuff in to the garbage bin and act like it never existed. The SW enthusiasts loved that lore and world, not the hollow shell of what is actually being shown in the movies, which is just a scratch of the surface.
    well, it probably boils down to Disney couldn't get the money from EU stories. i have no idea if that's true, but i'm willing to bet it has something to do with money.

if I bought the rights to a huge franchise like SW i would want to reign it all in if i planned on pumping out new content. i would want to put it all under one umbrella so i could push it in the direction i wanted it to go. i think Disney sees the error of their ways with 7-9 and has a new direction with shows like Mando and the upcoming Obi Wan series where they pull more from the EU stories to create something original.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Some more leaks from another Twitter user who went to the premiere
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLea...tter_user_who/
    They sound even worse now. Palpatine being alive and in the movie is a disgrace, especially with zero foreshadowing in the TWO previous movies. This is a hard pass for me

The Mandalorian is fantastic, and Rogue One was great too. They should really stay the fuck away from main story Star Wars and just focus on stories within that universe. They seem to do well with expanding on the universe but can't produce a Skywalker saga story to save themselves. Just disregard the new trilogy from the canon, it really has no bearing on any other storylines they might want to explore