Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    No it isn't. Cancel the sub with the note "due to essence not being account wide, I have decided to cancel my sub"

Forum posts, complaining on the forums in general will DO NOTHING. Mess with the money, and they drop like a fly.
    I would label it more as feedback instead of complaining.

But sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    No it isn't. Cancel the sub with the note "due to essence not being account wide, I have decided to cancel my sub"
    This is silly game forum talk.

You either like the game as it is with all pro/cons or you don't. Canceling your sub is a decision, stick with it and don't cry on the forums about it, to a game you dont even like.

This is still an MMO with a very wide range of game activitys you can do, if you cancel your sub because you dont like 1 of the 1000 features in a content patch, you should really stay non-subbed, its clearly not a game you.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by blobthebob View Post
    Punished? It's not a null-sum game, my guy. If essences become account-wide right now, you're not going to be punished for having farmed them before now. You'll still have them
    Yes you are punished. Becouse someone owning 10+ alts would suddenly have 10 compettive characters vs players what focus on just 1 character without putting in extra time and effort. If you want to play multiple chars you sing up for putting multiple times more time and effort if you want them be compettive. It was your choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Who knows about how the game works the best? People that play at a high level or casuals? Seems pretty obvious.

If someone makes an incorrect claim about how items/abilities/whatever affect player power and I say that it doesn't seem like they've played at a high level, what I'm really doing is trying to say in a nicer way that they don't know what the fuck they're talking about. The power differences affect all players. Casuals are in a position not to notice or not to care and shouldn't really have anything to say about it on the forum. A normal person would not argue about things they don't know about or care about.

Your whole rant is based on bad logic built on a poor assumption so I won't address the rest other than saying I'm sorry you have such thin skin about being a casual. IMO own who you are and don't worry about what other people think.
    Yes it shoulod have everything to say. Becouse casuals are ones who keep this game financialy worth developing. And i dont see any reason why should their essence progression be invalidated by catch or accwide progress what ultimatly ruins character progression just becouse some high end min maxers doesnt want to play in some parts of content. We dont care if you dont like mech/nazjatar grind. We casuals do like it. Its our end game. Like gear resetes wasnt enough damaging alredy. Blizzard have reasons why they are not making it accwide for 8.3 so deal with it.

Any word on account wide essences in 8.3? or are we still pretending there is some sort of prestige or sense in having to grind exalted reps on multiple chars or wait multiple weeks to regain essences you have already unlocked? Just a reminder, this essences were only brought in to try and remedy blizzards complete failure with azerite armour and the necklace. Now anyone who wants to play an alt is overly punished because of blizzards band aid system. Amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yes you are punished. Becouse someone owning 10+ alts would suddenly have 10 compettive characters vs players what focus on just 1 character without putting in extra time and effort. If you want to play multiple chars you sing up for putting multiple times more time and effort if you want them be compettive. It was your choice.
    It was blizzard's choice, they added the essence system because of their own failings in BFA, before essences alts only had AP to worry about which was palatable. Now it's fucked and anyone defending this system is either trolling or has some sort of misguided opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    This is silly game forum talk.

You either like the game as it is with all pro/cons or you don't. Canceling your sub is a decision, stick with it and don't cry on the forums about it, to a game you dont even like.

This is still an MMO with a very wide range of game activitys you can do, if you cancel your sub because you dont like 1 of the 1000 features in a content patch, you should really stay non-subbed, its clearly not a game you.
    If it wasn't so required for classes to work good, I'd agree.

Leaving it as is is just another form of more time played metrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    Any word on account wide essences in 8.3? or are we still pretending there is some sort of prestige or sense in having to grind exalted reps on multiple chars or wait multiple weeks to regain essences you have already unlocked?
    I would expect some kind of LEGION's LEGENDARY treatment in the last weeks of the expansion (4-6 weeks), so you might get your nazjatar essences in a few days and not weeks to R3 etc.

Blizzard did not give in with LEGIONs whining to legendary catchup and I guess they wont this time either. If you wait for the MASSIVE catchup, it might come 4 weeks before shadowlands and wont be of any use just like LEGION did with legendarys.
    -

Any word on account wide essences in 8.3? or are we still pretending there is some sort of prestige or sense in having to grind exalted reps on multiple chars or wait multiple weeks to regain essences you have already unlocked? Just a reminder, this essences were only brought in to try and remedy blizzards complete failure with azerite armour and the necklace. Now anyone who wants to play an alt is overly punished because of blizzards band aid system. Amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

It was blizzard's choice, they added the essence system because of their own failings in BFA, before essences alts only had AP to worry about which was palatable. Now it's fucked and anyone defending this system is either trolling or has some sort of misguided opinion.
    Yes and people asked for it. Literaly entire 8.0 and 8.1 people were asking for meaningfull nonrng progression. Essences are exactly that. Also alts should be exactly that just alts not characters what can rival your main. It rather seems like peple jsut want to own 10+ compettive characters and free swap between them wihtou actualy putting any effort and time into them. Thats something for arpg games not mmo games. It used to be gear what offered meaningfull character progression but thats no longer case. Time where we spent months to get our gear sets is long gone. Now welfare gear rains from skies and getting gear now takes couple of weeks. But this is also not blizzard fault. You all asked for game to be more acessible with alternative gear sources outside of raiding. Essences essentialy work as offset for fast gearing.

If all you want is own 10+ characters what are all mythic+ ready with no time putted into them than you clearly play wrong game. Alts should never in any mmo tackle high end content without putting in same amount of time as in your mains. Alts used to be used as gathetic characters and banks and thats where alts should stay.

Yes and people asked for it. Literaly entire 8.0 and 8.1 people were asking for meaningfull nonrng progression. Essences are exactly that. Also alts should be exactly that just alts not characters what can rival your main. It rather seems like peple jsut want to own 10+ compettive characters and free swap between them wihtou actualy putting any effort and time into them. Thats something for arpg games not mmo games. It used to be gear what offered meaningfull character progression but thats no longer case. Time where we spent months to get our gear sets is long gone. Now welfare gear rains from skies and getting gear now takes couple of weeks. But this is also not blizzard fault. You all asked for game to be more acessible with alternative gear sources outside of raiding. Essences essentialy work as offset for fast gearing.

If all you want is own 10+ characters what are all mythic+ ready with no time putted into them than you clearly play wrong game. Alts should never in any mmo tackle high end content without putting in same amount of time as in your mains. Alts used to be used as gathetic characters and banks and thats where alts should stay.
    Gear should be the progression of my character, not my fault blizzard decided to make gear irrelevant. Essences are a trash way of progressing your character, it is blizzards fault 100%, they put in essences to band aid their shitty expansion. And when did WoW become an actual MMORPG again? It is 100% an ARPG now a days, rush to max level and do the instanced content by mashing your buttons as fast as possible, very ARPG like. Except ARPG's tend to actually have a satisfying loot hunt, unlike WoW.

I don't want 10 characters, I just want to have a second alt that I don't need to be timegated for months farming out my essences again. I used to be able to ding a character, buy some BoE's, get help from friends in a few raids/dungeons and I would be ready to do whatever after. It isn't much to ask for but hey gotta keep my sub ticking over right.

No wonder all that is left in the game are the cosmetic hunters and raid loggers. I'll come back in Shadowlands when hopefully blizzard have a better go at making an expansion that isn't dogshit from minute 1.

Getting rank 4 should unlock rank 3 Account wide.

Being right now, getting rank 4 is pretty pointless and the visual effects are meh.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Most people reclaiming they want easyer bis essences in their alts are just trolls.

You need bis if you progress through mythic raiding all the way till last boss or really high M+ dungeons.

You give bis to 99% here reclaiming and they will still be doing shitty dps and healing.

But hey "its my right" new wave generations.
    Stay shitty but demanding...
    Honestly don't even know what you have just typed.

Is the gold medalist in an Olympic event “punished” because everyone else deigned to finish the race despite the impossibility of a podium spot? No, they aren’t. Take your corrupt, self-absorbed attitude and shove it.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No they shouldn't have. If you want the esscences then earn them. If your alt doesn't have them then they haven't earnt them. It's a pretty simple concept.
    Regrinding some of them takes up to a month due to time-gated content (Vision of Perfection and the M+ essence immediately come to mind). Is that fair to do to people who have already done them?

Now if everything becomes NOT time-gated, then I could agree with you. That's the biggest issue with many of these essences. Good luck getting most of them to R3 before a month has passed. Super good luck getting the raid essence once 8.3 launches, then the new raid comes out, and way less people are bothering with EP.

As usual, Essences are one of the best examples of "neat idea, HORRIBLE execution", which is just the usual MO of Blizzard. They always execute these ideas in such a shit-tier manner.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Is the gold medalist in an Olympic event “punished” because everyone else deigned to finish the race despite the impossibility of a podium spot? No, they aren’t. Take your corrupt, self-absorbed attitude and shove it.
    There is nothing impossible about essences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Regrinding some of them takes up to a month due to time-gated content (Vision of Perfection and the M+ essence immediately come to mind). Is that fair to do to people who have already done them?

Now if everything becomes NOT time-gated, then I could agree with you. That's the biggest issue with many of these essences. Good luck getting most of them to R3 before a month has passed. Super good luck getting the raid essence once 8.3 launches, then the new raid comes out, and way less people are bothering with EP.

As usual, Essences are one of the best examples of "neat idea, HORRIBLE execution", which is just the usual MO of Blizzard. They always execute these ideas in such a shit-tier manner.
    You dont need 8.2 raid essences to do 8.3 raid and you dont need any of bis essences.

- - - Updated - - -

Gear should be the progression of my character, not my fault blizzard decided to make gear irrelevant. Essences are a trash way of progressing your character, it is blizzards fault 100%, they put in essences to band aid their shitty expansion. And when did WoW become an actual MMORPG again? It is 100% an ARPG now a days, rush to max level and do the instanced content by mashing your buttons as fast as possible, very ARPG like. Except ARPG's tend to actually have a satisfying loot hunt, unlike WoW.

I don't want 10 characters, I just want to have a second alt that I don't need to be timegated for months farming out my essences again. I used to be able to ding a character, buy some BoE's, get help from friends in a few raids/dungeons and I would be ready to do whatever after. It isn't much to ask for but hey gotta keep my sub ticking over right.

No wonder all that is left in the game are the cosmetic hunters and raid loggers. I'll come back in Shadowlands when hopefully blizzard have a better go at making an expansion that isn't dogshit from minute 1.
    It is your fault actualy. You all asked for more acessible content and all that gear issues exist becouse of it.

Ye they obviously should be made account wide. Preferably with the artifact power grind also being significantly reduced for alts (so say to get the third essence slot you need two-three times less of a grind then your main did, if your main unlocked it).

One of several problems with the essence grind is that its rarely linked to an activity you're likely to enjoy, and there is no replacement. Gear isnt account bound, which works great, because to get gear your alt simply needs to do the activities you like until it gears up, and there are many options to choose from (bethnic, raiding, m+, pvp, all work to get a new character geared up and all aren't grinds, but rather the activity the gear was meant for in the first place). With essences, if you're a healer for example and want the Lucid Dreams major, you gotta repeat those silly companions dailies which almost nobody enjoys and its daily gated as all hell. There's no alternative.

I generally think essences are a second rate system that was created to appease the outcry over Azerite gear's shortcomings, but for a quickly thought idea the powers themselves aren't too bad, its the grind that's the problem. You can't say "ok i want essences, i'll just do mythic+ for a currency and buy my favourite ones, but if i want it through rated pvp it will also give that same currency so its up to me how i get them". Even the essences which require a fun endgame activity like the raiding or m+ one, are still likely to be useful for many other activities, so people who don't enjoy those things feel forced to do them. Doubly true for the conquest and honor essences.

So its a pretty horrid combination of time gated and long grind for the majority of the essences, a seperate unique grind for each essence that can't be converted for a different one, and the fact you definately want most of them for many speccs so you are encouraged to get them all, all of which is incomparably worse then most expansion's alt powering methods. Each of these failures should have been fixed before it shipped, but now the quickest and cheapest solution would be to just make them account bound.

As an aside, i dearly hope the otherwise fantastic-sounding Shadowlands Legendaries system won't suffer the same failures, and blizz will understand whatever activity awards a legendary needs to be somewhat interchangable with other activities so people who hate world quests/pvp/raiding/m+/etc won't feel forced to do what they hate. Its been a strength of WoW for many expacs that you can play the parts of the game you like, and not feel particularly forced to do anything else, and the essence system undermines this a great deal. I hope they learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    Agreed, but its too late for that.

So i am on a crusade to get them account wide with 8.3.
    The patch is still in development anyway and i think it is a very easy and simple fix. ''Convert'' the essence UI to the Heirloom style UI.

Prolly a bit more work than that, but you get the idea i guess
    they already said they werent doing account wide.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Get a toon to 120, send it a bunch of Benthic gear, run a +4 and bam - you've got a powerful essence. It really isn't as difficult or awful as you're trying to make it sound.

And in 8.3 Nazjatar and Mechagon essences start at friendly rep, at half the current costs.
    Depends on the essence that you want to have on each character. For example Blood of the enemy is a huge grind, if your class is better with blood of the enemy you can't simply have patience for that essence farm. Nazjatar Memory of lucid dreams also can be really annoying to get and time consuming depending of how much time you have on your hands. But all to all, the easiest ones to get, ain't hard, and it's a start to a fresh 120.

It is your fault actualy. You all asked for more acessible content and all that gear issues exist becouse of it.
    I feel like you are projecting here massively. I never wanted the game to give out free loot, you must be mistaking me for someone who dislikes MMORPG's like the casuals we have left in the game farming Tmog and Mounts.

5+ Year Old Account
    ITT: "I busted my ass off to get 385 gear from Uldir, better have all those newbies/rerollers go through the same ordeal... OMG world quests yield 385 stuff? /wrists"
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    they already said they werent doing account wide.....
    Well, account wide might be too much. (Which i already said earlier that it might not be the solution)

But introducing a currency so you can actually mix up your content to gain the essences you want would be great.

Like we had the currency for Legion legendaries. That stuff came from almost every source.
    Wouldnt mind getting that for essences which would mean more fun for alts / new and returning players.

Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    Well, account wide might be too much. (Which i already said earlier that it might not be the solution)

But introducing a currency so you can actually mix up your content to gain the essences you want would be great.

Like we had the currency for Legion legendaries. That stuff came from almost every source.
    Wouldnt mind getting that for essences which would mean more fun for alts / new and returning players.
    Even if they would implement something like that, I don’t see it happening until the end of bfa when it’s too late anyway...