Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    What they should do in retail is to remove realms and have a realm auto assigned to you with perfect balance once you log in. The realm choice should also be based on what realm people in your friends list and guild plays on.

But I guess Blizzard would not invest in a technology like that and are happy with the income realm switching provides them.

I just wanna make sure im always on high pop. Being on high pop makes everything better...My AH play, items to buy, community etc etc.

LOL! Get rekt toxic horde gank squads, all the alliance players will leave your shitty server.

Good, now servers can die and be left behind by Blizzard like they are in retail.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    "We allowed massive faction imbalances, and now you can pay us to fix it!"
    Human nature created the faction balances, Blizzard were just the fools that made PVP a major part of an MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Its amazing to see all these muppets complaining about PCT that its ruining the classic experience and that blizz is greedy etc.

Did yall forget that they had PCT in vanilla? They added it before TBC.

Doesnt matter what blizz does. People will still bitch and moan about it
    Agreed, and funny enough I might actually come back to Classic for this.
    I liked the idea of a PvP server, but after getting past level 50 and being corpse camped by bored level 60s with 0 chance of escape I lost interest.
    Couldn't free xfer to a PvE server, now I can scope out a server that's bearable and more my pace : ^)

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Well, there goes classic down the drain. We just had a few short weeks without sharding and without character transfers for the true classic experience and this is already over again.
    Very sad, was hoping I would be able to finish playing classic.
    Yes sure, classic is now definitively fucked, because the true classic experience is not having this kind of... oh wait, VANILLA HAD PAID CHARACTER TRANSFERS!

Your logic seems to have some flaws in it.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Agreed, and funny enough I might actually come back to Classic for this.
    I liked the idea of a PvP server, but after getting past level 50 and being corpse camped by bored level 60s with 0 chance of escape I lost interest.
    Couldn't free xfer to a PvE server, now I can scope out a server that's bearable and more my pace : ^)
    Big scale 20vs20+ world pvp is one thing. Thats fun pvp.
    Getting ganked non stop when you are leveling by a max lvl mouth breather that cant take on same lvl players because they are worthless is just dumb and a waste of time.
    The dumbest thing about this are those same gankers defending their toxic behaviour with "if you roll on pvp you better get ready for pvp!!!!111 those are the rules of pvp server herp derp"

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Doesnt matter what blizz does. People will still bitch and moan about it
    Gold bars, maaan. They're too heavy to carry! Damn it, Blizzard! Too much gold in these bars!

Milk it before it's gone. Jk, good decision

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ....so how would blizz fix it? They tried with the free transfers and no one took it...and forcing faction queues would only piss people off
    I like how Planetside 2 did it.

It has 3 factions, but they were quite nicely balanced. That was many years a go though. No idea how it fares these days. Probably not quite as well.

Anyway, the faction(s) get percentage bonuses to things like XP and other resources, based on how much less there are people playing on your faction, at the time. So the bonus shifted naturally from nothing, to almost nothing, to something nice. And it often stayed at nothing (factions being balanced), due to people seeking that bonus, which you saw when you created your character. It also helped that you had to face queue's, if you joined overpopulated factions.

I don't know how to implement that into WoW, that would really do much at this late stage, without just spitting powerful items in your face. In Planetside 2, it was there from the beginning, and being an MMOFPS, it was naturally quite different.
    Last edited by Santti; 2019-12-17 at 10:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by getupkid55 View Post
    And now you're gonna transfer off that server to a server that is alliance heavy?

Now you understand why they don't release that info.
    I never said im transferring. But they blatantly didn't give that info so wtf was the point of your first post other than to be deliberately combative for no reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It wasn't 70/30 at the start, more alliance left then horde during free transfers and MADE it that way.
    Pretty sure it was at very least 65-35. Stalagg has been one of the worst realms for this. There were ways blizzard could have tried to enforce some balance but blizzard chose to make the imbalance worse by opening free transfers as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I don't know how to implement that into WoW, that would really do much at this late stage, without just spitting powerful items in your face. In Planetside 2, it was there from the beginning, and being an MMOFPS, it was naturally quite different.
    You mean how they put warmode bonus that was bigger for underdog faction and all they got was:
    - underdog faction still not using warmode, or only using it for 15 mins to do the quest then leaving
    - majority faction crying about unfair treatment because the buff isn't equal for both sides

Yeah, that worked so well... oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Pretty sure it was at very least 65-35. Stalagg has been one of the worst realms for this. There were ways blizzard could have tried to enforce some balance but blizzard chose to make the imbalance worse by opening free transfers as you say.
    The last I saw (at launch) it was like 57-43.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    You mean how they put warmode bonus that was bigger for underdog faction and all they got was:
    - underdog faction still not using warmode, or only using it for 15 mins to do the quest then leaving
    - majority faction crying about unfair treatment because the buff isn't equal for both sides

Yeah, that worked so well... oh wait.
    As I said, I'm not sure how something like that would work, and after 16 years after launch. Quite possibly too late to make any appreciable effect on faction balance.

But I meant in a general sense, not just PvP, and in certain zones. Like, I don't know, items having higher chance to War/Titanforge, a positive percentage modifier to XP, gold, reputation earned, etc.. You know, like a shifting buff on your character that says "You now earn more shit" that activates when your faction is under-represented, which would be realm-wide, active everywhere, which then goes away when/if balance is corrected. But yeah, might not really work.

Just imagining what it would look like, if you took the Planetside 2 approach, and applied it to WoW. Just spitballing here.
    Last edited by Santti; 2019-12-17 at 11:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Well, there goes classic down the drain. We just had a few short weeks without sharding and without character transfers for the true classic experience and this is already over again.
    Very sad, was hoping I would be able to finish playing classic.
    Paid Character Transfer was implemented in mid 2006. Months and months before BC dropped. It's a vanilla feature.

I even found an article

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wo.../1100-6153087/

Edit: I love how it's more restrictive now than it was back then. That's funny.
    Last edited by Jetstream; 2019-12-17 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Paid Character Transfer was implemented in mid 2006. Months and months before BC dropped. It's a vanilla feature.

I even found an article

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wo.../1100-6153087/

Edit: I love how it's more restrictive now than it was back then. That's funny.
    I think it was even part of patch 1.11 too? Or at least it was before patch 1.12, the patch that Blizz has set most of the game to for Classic. If we go by what was available in 1.12, paid character transfers should have been available from day 1 of Classic.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally. It's about time.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Just imagining what it would look like, if you took the Planetside 2 approach, and applied it to WoW. Just spitballing here.
    Honestly I think you had something with the Planetside 2 approach...but once again wouldn't work now

not really the Boost to the underdog faction thing..but the 3 faction thing (IF WOW STARTED WITH THAT) may make it a bit better

its a lot harder for one side to gang up on the other if there's a third side that can gang up on both....but a third faction now wouldn't work too well be really hard to convince people to leave a side they associated with for 15 years for this brand new side

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Honestly I think you had something with the Planetside 2 approach...but once again wouldn't work now

not really the Boost to the underdog faction thing..but the 3 faction thing (IF WOW STARTED WITH THAT) may make it a bit better

its a lot harder for one side to gang up on the other if there's a third side that can gang up on both....but a third faction now wouldn't work too well be really hard to convince people to leave a side they associated with for 15 years for this brand new side
    Depending. If they introduced something like the Scourge, lots of people would probably jump on it. Especially if it were old-school Scourge lead by KT.