View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    NO i expect them to make the games port without anything but visual bugs...Which at the moment they are not. Warcraft reforged will not work if you can't just copy past your old map files into reforged.

Which means all of this is pointless custom games are what made WC3, spawned a whole genre of games (mobas)

This is so over your head lol
    Oh fuck me, you just expect coding sorcery I see. That makes it all better.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I think at this point its fair to say there is almost no chance this "ships" in 2019. Even if it does "release", it'll be a dumpster fire requiring numerous patches to get to release quality in 5 months.
    We haven't even been able to test the campaigns yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Oh fuck me, you just expect coding sorcery I see. That makes it all better.
    NO i expected updated graphics and that's it

Shouldn't be that hard

I'm sure there are mod packs that give great textures lol.

Should be nothing but problems with the textures. Just like classic, they didn't really do what they said they were gonna do

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    And we won't be able to - at this point it's pretty obvious they're saving campaigns for release.

---

Anyway - we're like a week or so before Christmas, so... anyone here who lives in the US and knows how Christmas vacations are handled? Or better yet, has some clue as to how Blizzard handles it? I'm asking, because I'm curious how possible it is that they will release around Christmas. Because it genuinely seems like their only option right now - I highly doubt they'd release it this Friday or something.

Brood War was released on Dec. 18. I remember cuz it snowed heavy that year, and I got my dad to drive to a mall with a non preorder copy left, just a week before christmas.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I think at this point its fair to say there is almost no chance this "ships" in 2019. Even if it does "release", it'll be a dumpster fire requiring numerous patches to get to release quality in 5 months.
    They NEVER have campaigns in their RTS betas.

NO i expected updated graphics and that's it

Shouldn't be that hard

I'm sure there are mod packs that give great textures lol.

Should be nothing but problems with the textures. Just like classic, they didn't really do what they said they were gonna do
    They did exactly what they said they were going to do with Classic, people just let their nostalgia get in the way of remembering what Classic was actually like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    I wouldn't bother man, at this point the only reason to continue this conversation is getting lilithvia banned AGAIN...actually, carry on, it's fun seeing her get banned again and again, and constantly returning to the same bs after every single ban
    I have no idea why he's so agressive about that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    And just to add my 2 cents to your discussion, I'm reasonably certain I've read and watched every single interview they did (there weren't that many, their team REALLY can't communicate T_T) and there wasn't anything said to confirm that genderbended heroes will be skins that can be turned on or off.
    Exactly, that what I meant.

They added the switch option last patch, a week ago or so.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I mean I have no idea what you guys were talking about but you just literally just linked to a site's tag on the game.

That... that's not sourcing my dude lol.
    I had no idea what he meant by doing that, lol. But I guess the case is closed, we have the skins options in a special tab after the last patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    they are skins, its in the game's "collections" tab, theyre under "skins", you can toggle them or you can untoggle them and get the male versions.
    Currently there are 2 Death Knight skins: Fallen King Arthas and Female DK, the "generic arthas model" is being used as a generic DK, but I am quite positive they'll make a generic DK model before release
    Yeah I've seen that tab. It's nice that they did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    But boooy I'd be pissed if they took my waifu DK away from me at release only to put it in some sort of store
    The female options for heroes should be free! I may not like female DH(the face is just wrong), but female DK looks cool.

They NEVER have campaigns in their RTS betas.

They did exactly what they said they were going to do with Classic, people just let their nostalgia get in the way of remembering what Classic was actually like.
    No dudes in their underwear gave us better emulations

They ported it onto their retail client lol

It's a total bastardization for so many reasons. MMOs are a lot different than RTS's tho so some of these problems are inherent. You're never going to get a perfect emulation. But again dudes in their underwear gave us better. And that's a compliment to them god bless them.

This is all about them wanting their games on the same anti cheat/b.net integration nice and clean. And it's now ruined classic and I'm sure once people get to looking into it. Reforged will have similar problems.

It's only bearable if you never played p servers. It's a joke relative to something that was again free and made by guys just sitting around using videos and blue posts as references.
    Last edited by Mukind; 2019-12-17 at 10:45 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No dudes in their underwear gave us better emulations

They ported it onto their retail client lol

It's a total bastardization for so many reasons. MMOs are a lot different than RTS's tho so some of these problems are inherent. You're never going to get a perfect emulation. But again dudes in their underwear gave us better. And that's a compliment to them god bless them.

This is all about them wanting their games on the same anti cheat/b.net integration nice and clean. And it's now ruined classic and I'm sure once people get to looking into it. Reforged will have similar problems.

It's only bearable if you never played p servers. It's a joke relative to something that was again free and made by guys just sitting around using videos and blue posts as references.
    I guess if we're just making things up sure. Classic was far more true to Vanilla than any of the p servers were. I mean it's a faithful recreation of the original game so I'm not sure what you think the pirates gave you that was better.

Regardless this is a thread about WC3 reforged and this has been a pretty standard Blizzard RTS beta.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, January 28th

That's better I guess?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glad they at least gave it a date this year. It was painfully clear after Blizzcon passed with no new news that it had been delayed. But if it got out of 2019 without a date that goes from "oh it might be January/February instead of December to fix bugs" to "is this game ever coming?"
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Honestly. Extend the release by a year as the game (from beta experience) needs ALOT of polish, update all campaign maps while you are at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Honestly. Extend the release by a year as the game (from beta experience) needs ALOT of polish, update all campaign maps while you are at it.
    Thats where the issue with taking people money before having product ready comes.

Its blizzard and they are far worse than EA anyways.

It was unrealistic to think that the game would still come out this year, but it still feels to early for this to come out in late January. The graphics need a lot more polishing and I would really like to see them work more on the campaign which we haven’t even seen yet.

I guess if we're just making things up sure. Classic was far more true to Vanilla than any of the p servers were. I mean it's a faithful recreation of the original game so I'm not sure what you think the pirates gave you that was better.

Regardless this is a thread about WC3 reforged and this has been a pretty standard Blizzard RTS beta.
    No it's not. You clearly didn't play them

Which is why p server players are stomping all over world class retailers. It was very accurate in most ways that counted

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    It was unrealistic to think that the game would still come out this year, but it still feels to early for this to come out in late January. The graphics need a lot more polishing and I would really like to see them work more on the campaign which we haven’t even seen yet.
    They need to push it out before everyone and their grandma who prepurchased the game realizes they can refund it.

I mean, this is a fuckup of epic proportions. Why are they releasing it 2 weeks after the legal end date? How did they let this happen? From a business and managerial standpoint, this is truly unacceptable. Those two weeks may cost them tens of millions.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2019-12-18 at 12:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account
    they didn't said it was coming in 2019 with th pre-sales thing? its not false advertising delivering only next years?

just curious

Well tbh i prefer that they actually will work on that for 1 more month than it being released right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they didn't said it was coming in 2019 with th pre-sales thing? its not false advertising delivering only next years?

just curious
    It specifically stated on the product requirements for WC3 reforged that if you pre-purchased it would release on or before Dec 31. They've recently updated (as in updated within the last few hours) the produce requirements to state the pre-purchase release date is now Jan 28.

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...card#techspecs
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen