Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Just say you want white elves on the alliance.
    Who wouldnt want that?

But seriously, Blizzard sucks and the inconsistency and bad handling of their own game is all too apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Darlaimerner View Post
    I don't care if this thread is dead or 5 years old, but I'm adding my two cents.

Allied Races are reskinned versions of older races because they are meant by all nature to be alternate, proto, or otherwise similar to currently existing core races. That's why all of the Allied Races we have currently appear very familiar. Humans, Zandalari, Tauren, Draenei, Dwarves, Orcs... the point of Allied Races is, expressly, the recycling of assets, lore-wise or design-wise to create a new race with a fresh idea, but keeping an old skeleton, metaphorically and/or literally.

It is actually quite fair for players to believe that instead of Void Elves, they could and should easily have gotten High Elves, similarly to how it is fair others believe we could have gotten Broken Draenei instead of Lightforged Draenei. In the case of the latter, the Broken race simply wasn't in a state to meaningfully, actively, and reliably serve the Alliance. They can hardly fight, and even when they can, it's usually in desperation or self/peer defense. Besides, there is little appeal or design wiggle room for a race that is specifically known for being BROKEN.

In the case of High Elves, Blizzard may have chosen not to add them and, instead, add Void Elves, simply because the allure of a High Elf is present in the form of Blood Elves. To quote Ion, if you want to play a fair-skinned, light-haired, magical and majestic elf, the Sin'Dorei accomplish all of those tasks and more.

No matter how much customization, new skin tones, tattoos, and whatever are added to High Elves, the result is just the same. You get a race that is, ultimately, a single mirror to a core race for the Horde. Blizzard wants to keep the conversation going, but in reality, they don't really want to add High Elves unless it's as a skin for a preexisting race.

Now, that? That is something far greater than what the poster here is suggesting. They are suggesting not to add a High Elf allied race, nor to add a High Elf BASED allied race, they're not even asking to add a skin of High Elves.

They are asking to hold true to the ideas and lore presented by the Void Elves and, if the player chooses, make them not trained, shifting, acolyte shadow priests, nor permanently changed void-dipped elves, but tainted, corrupted, and albeit embracing worshippers of the darkness. Optionally.

I can't even really see anyone roleplaying a High Elf with this proposed skin. You claim to be a bright-skinned, fair-haired membered of the Silver Covenant, yet your arms and legs look like they're about to fall off from hemocircular deprivation and your eyes glow a brighter purple than my brother's rainbow lamp at midnight. It's ridiculous at its core to pretend you're playing a High Elf with a skin like this which is genuinely a good idea if you look past the absurd accusations that the poster simply wants to play a High Elf, or a stand-in for it. People already play High Elves on their velves as it is, you think making it so that ONLY their arms are grapes will change that? Of course not. Those idiots will just skin change themselves and call it an improved character.

This is a good idea, and honestly, if you can only see it as an attempt at getting Blizzard to add a helf mockup skin, then you're the problem, not OP, and not the helf fans.
    Okay so let me turn the logic around.

Why can't we get purple/green/blue/yellow whatever skin color for Blood Elves?
    Why can't we get Red orcs?
    Pink Tauren?

Because that's not what those races are period.
    A void elf is what you see when you LOOK AT Umbric and other void elf NPC's.

If you so desperately want a pale blood elf modell character why dont you play a Blood Elf? They are literally there for you to play. Since 13 years back.

Dont give me the horde/ally bullshit argument like it matters. If I want to play a horde gnóme I cant do that either. And I know I cant so I dont care.
    Elves are not special. Never been. Now go and boost a belf and be done with this.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Okay so let me turn the logic around.

Why can't we get purple/green/blue/yellow whatever skin color for Blood Elves?
    Why can't we get Red orcs?
    Pink Tauren?

Because that's not what those races are period.
    A void elf is what you see when you LOOK AT Umbric and other void elf NPC's.

If you so desperately want a pale blood elf modell character why dont you play a Blood Elf? They are literally there for you to play. Since 13 years back.

Dont give me the horde/ally bullshit argument like it matters. If I want to play a horde gnóme I cant do that either. And I know I cant so I dont care.
    Elves are not special. Never been. Now go and boost a belf and be done with this.
    If you are unable to understand that HE and BE are nothing alike beyond superficial appearance, then the fault is on you.

That the BE are depraved enough to side with the Horde and help obliterate countless innocents without a second thought (as seen with Theramore and Teldrassil) is proof enough that wanting a HE but playing a BE is actually far more lore-breaking than using a human/VE.

Also, with WIII reforged latest units, it's clear that the HE/BE divides still exist for Blizzard and that they aren't all fair-skinned.

Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMaelstrom View Post
    Alleria is the first, and theorically, the most void-influenced elf. However her skin and other features remain untouched (except for her voice).
    Why can't we make void elves with pinkish skin and natural hair colors?
    People say there must be something to difference a blood elf from a void elf, but there is nothing that differences a horde and an alliance pandaren and we still recognize them in-game. Look at this edit I made:

Still looks quite voidy to me. Why isn't it an option?
    You could have added that entropic embrace makes them go fully purple and havesome other purple affecttinges on ther hair tips.

But he simple answer is that blizzard have decide that pink skinned thalassians are exclusive tot he horde and that's why all void elves are purple - because they are playable on the alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Because she is super special snowflake (aka lore character) and regular void elf is not. Same with malfurion and regular druids.
    Haha, yes, the difference between Malfrion and other druids is so vast. One of the many reasons night elves suck, i would seem the Stormrage twins, and Tyrande as well as Azshara or o some super level while everyone is like on normal level. But then that's cos when wow camei seems thenight elves got nerfed because they were playable, with the snowflakes becoming much more powerful while everyone else just became much more ordinary.. it's just stupid, but hey.

5+ Year Old Account
    Because Void Elves were a lazy way to shut the mouth of the Alliance crybabies (no hate, there are crybabies in both factions) giving to them something similar to Blood Elves.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    If you are unable to understand that HE and BE are nothing alike beyond superficial appearance, then the fault is on you.

That the BE are depraved enough to side with the Horde and help obliterate countless innocents without a second thought (as seen with Theramore and Teldrassil) is proof enough that wanting a HE but playing a BE is actually far more lore-breaking than using a human/VE.

Also, with WIII reforged latest units, it's clear that the HE/BE divides still exist for Blizzard and that they aren't all fair-skinned.
    Wrong. Blood elves are just High elves that changed their name to remember the fallen and the blood loss when the Scourge attacked their homeland. Those who remain High elves are traitors to all those who lost their lifes. And more, all elves that remained with the Alliance are ignoring the treatment they faced by the Alliance through Garithos.
    And the High elves officially left the Alliance way before the third war. Given the Elves general attitude, closing of their land and keeping to their own, those High elves who chose to stay with the Alliance over their own people, were surely regarded as traitors back then. Even before Blood elves were a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer93277 View Post
    The reason why there is no difference between a Horde Pandarean and an Alliance Pandarean is because all they do is pick sides at the end of the starting zone. Void Elves are literally changed because they are void touched.
    Ah, but you need to follow the RL discussions between developers and players over the years, he countelss high elf requests since classic, questions at every blizzcon ( this year was the first tehy decided no to present High elf questions t o the devs), this tells thereal story why void elves don't looklike that. If you follow when they were first leaked, the devs weretrying to decide how they would look, an option they mentioned was o have Alleria's normal high elf like appearance then some void effect , but they decidedthey'd be permanently purple. And the lore was created to reflect that.

Quote Originally Posted by Naramag View Post
    Wrong. Blood elves are just High elves that changed their name to remember the fallen and the blood loss when the Scourge attacked their homeland. Those who remain High elves are traitors to all those who lost their lifes. And more, all elves that remained with the Alliance are ignoring the treatment they faced by the Alliance through Garithos.
    And the High elves officially left the Alliance way before the third war. Given the Elves general attitude, closing of their land and keeping to their own, those High elves who chose to stay with the Alliance over their own people, were surely regarded as traitors back then. Even before Blood elves were a thing.
    So the High Elves had actual morals and values and sided with their true kin, the members of the Alliance, over the inhabitants of Quel'Thamqs who, beyond changing their name, quickly fell in with nagas and demons and corrupted themselves because it was easier than to endure some pain.

Yeah, Blood Elves are nothing like High Elves.

Because she's not a Void Elf.

and why cant we make undead that look like Nathanos or Sylvanas?

Why can't I make my goblin fat?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    and why cant we make undead that look like Nathanos or Sylvanas?
    Because Blizzard is hesistant to give us more customisation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMaelstrom View Post
    Alleria is the first, and theorically, the most void-influenced elf. However her skin and other features remain untouched (except for her voice).
    Why can't we make void elves with pinkish skin and natural hair colors?
    People say there must be something to difference a blood elf from a void elf, but there is nothing that differences a horde and an alliance pandaren and we still recognize them in-game. Look at this edit I made:

Still looks quite voidy to me. Why isn't it an option?
    I think they should get worgen treatment. A cosmetic spell that hides their void a bit.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Probably someday OP. The request isn't going to go away no matter how much people whine about it being asked, so they'll probably do something eventually. Just keep asking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linuriel View Post
    She is a Void Elf, she defines herself as a Void Elf in the Void Elf opening narration. If she says she is a Void Elf then there is no debate. She is a Void Elf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Probably someday OP. The request isn't going to go away no matter how much people whine about it being asked, so they'll probably do something eventually. Just keep asking.
    Yep. Thirteen years and counting but eventually if you keep asking they are bound to do something.

Like give you a blue variant of the race and model.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    She is a Void Elf, she defines herself as a Void Elf in the Void Elf opening narration. If she says she is a Void Elf then there is no debate. She is a Void Elf.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. Thirteen years and counting but eventually if you keep asking they are bound to do something.

Like give you a blue variant of the race and model.
    Gotta take what you can get man.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    What are we supposed to answer or discuss?

Blizzard can obviously add these options, but they decided not to... so the answer is: Because Blizzard doesn't want Void Elves to look like that.

EDIT: Mods can now close this thread, as it's done... (inb4 it blows up to 20+ pages in a couple hours, like all stupid threads )
    I love how some people feel like they have the power to decide what people should discuss and what they shouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by Linuriel View Post
    I've heard this from some people before, and it totally confounds me.. what goes on in their heads... are they incapable of actually understanding what they see?

Why do you think Alleria is not a void elf? Because her skin isn't purple? Are you that easily controlled by what you see alone and never consider context or other information before you?

Alleria is the first void elf, and a special snowflake, the story shows this clearly, and the reason why the other void elves have a colour change is because of the events in the Telogrus rift where their knowledge and power with the void is not sufficient enough to save or prevent their colour from changing, whiles Alleria's is able to withstand that and remain unchanged. We don't know exactly why or how, but by this even she is already far more powerful than her peers, we saw her absorb the heart of a void lord and she has special training, allowing her to save those elves who we know are not anywhere as competent in the void as she is at that point. ofc their control has increased significantly since then and they are in training both by her and the ethereal. But she's had century if not near a thousand years (we don't know when her journey with the locus walker started , but I don't think it is centuries, probably only a few years, possibly at the same time as the other blood elves under Umbric, except she has much more exposure and a teacher in the locus walker, plus the power she gains.

But yeah, she's a void elf. If you are saying this because she doesn't share the same colour hey. Is she a high elf then? Or both?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darlaimerner View Post
    I don't care if this thread is dead or 5 years old, but I'm adding my two cents.

Allied Races are reskinned versions of older races because they are meant by all nature to be alternate, proto, or otherwise similar to currently existing core races. That's why all of the Allied Races we have currently appear very familiar. Humans, Zandalari, Tauren, Draenei, Dwarves, Orcs... the point of Allied Races is, expressly, the recycling of assets, lore-wise or design-wise to create a new race with a fresh idea, but keeping an old skeleton, metaphorically and/or literally.

It is actually quite fair for players to believe that instead of Void Elves, they could and should easily have gotten High Elves, similarly to how it is fair others believe we could have gotten Broken Draenei instead of Lightforged Draenei. In the case of the latter, the Broken race simply wasn't in a state to meaningfully, actively, and reliably serve the Alliance. They can hardly fight, and even when they can, it's usually in desperation or self/peer defense. Besides, there is little appeal or design wiggle room for a race that is specifically known for being BROKEN.

In the case of High Elves, Blizzard may have chosen not to add them and, instead, add Void Elves, simply because the allure of a High Elf is present in the form of Blood Elves. To quote Ion, if you want to play a fair-skinned, light-haired, magical and majestic elf, the Sin'Dorei accomplish all of those tasks and more.

No matter how much customization, new skin tones, tattoos, and whatever are added to High Elves, the result is just the same. You get a race that is, ultimately, a single mirror to a core race for the Horde. Blizzard wants to keep the conversation going, but in reality, they don't really want to add High Elves unless it's as a skin for a preexisting race.

Now, that? That is something far greater than what the poster here is suggesting. They are suggesting not to add a High Elf allied race, nor to add a High Elf BASED allied race, they're not even asking to add a skin of High Elves.

They are asking to hold true to the ideas and lore presented by the Void Elves and, if the player chooses, make them not trained, shifting, acolyte shadow priests, nor permanently changed void-dipped elves, but tainted, corrupted, and albeit embracing worshippers of the darkness. Optionally.

I can't even really see anyone roleplaying a High Elf with this proposed skin. You claim to be a bright-skinned, fair-haired membered of the Silver Covenant, yet your arms and legs look like they're about to fall off from hemocircular deprivation and your eyes glow a brighter purple than my brother's rainbow lamp at midnight. It's ridiculous at its core to pretend you're playing a High Elf with a skin like this which is genuinely a good idea if you look past the absurd accusations that the poster simply wants to play a High Elf, or a stand-in for it. People already play High Elves on their velves as it is, you think making it so that ONLY their arms are grapes will change that? Of course not. Those idiots will just skin change themselves and call it an improved character.

This is a good idea, and honestly, if you can only see it as an attempt at getting Blizzard to add a helf mockup skin, then you're the problem, not OP, and not the helf fans.
    Because she's a hero class.

As well, the void elf is meant to have been stuck in the nether much longer than Alleria.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    So the High Elves had actual morals and values and sided with their true kin, the members of the Alliance
    side with humans = their kin
    side with the ones who turn their backs on then = morals and values

this fanfic never stop being funny, thats why blizzard don't want to do that, to afirm this bullshit as true, like the He are the correct, pure and righteous elves, when they are scum who abandoned their kin

over the inhabitants of Quel'Thamqs who, beyond changing their name, quickly fell in with nagas and demons and corrupted themselves
    only Kael and his sunreaver did that, stop the fanfictions lul, and mind you, only did that because the alliance stab then in the back
    because it was easier than to endure some pain.
    easy to say when you have the comfort of living in dalaran getting all the mana you need while your people die by starving and by the scourge remnants

Yeah, Blood Elves are nothing like High Elves.
    apart from the fanficion and political affairs, their mentality rly don't matter, if you want to roleplay a HE go VE and put an transmog;

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I love how some people feel like they have the power to decide what people should discuss and what they shouldn't
    tbf, there is a echocham... i mean a megathread just for that

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread's topic seems better suited to the existing High Elf Megathread, where the subject has come up and been discussed previously. Closing this.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-12-18 at 12:51 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead