Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Is there a time limit on getting titles or can you get them for as long as classic exists? Not playing atm so just wondering. Just aiming for like rank 10 or something anyways.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Warsong
    13-18 minutes queue time
    2k honor per win
    0 honor when lose
    4min - 45min per match

AV
    1-2min queue time
    2k honor per lose, up to 4k honor per win
    6 - 15 min per match

Warsong solo queue = cancer
    AV solo queue = i can go afk and have all the honor

How long until the first AFK rank 14 pops up?

Edit: Yes, yes. I know that pure honor gain is not "enough". But if you know of a way how to gain more honor than via chain queuing AV, let me know.
    I don't like your way of using cancer. Get out.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Fair enough. So come back after you did it to "confirm what you said". Or at least find us a guy who did it with proof. Otherwise this is just big talk and speculations.
    Wasn't R14, but it was R13 that my guild leader AFK'd his way to so I have no doubts someone can do the same for R14.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, I am sure we see a thread on that, if it happens indeed. Meanwhile we have threads how people think they were kicked without justification in any random BG for being allegedly AFK (but claiming they weren't)...so that is the spectrum we are dealing with apparently.
    Oh, I absolutely agree that we have many who're falsely crying "foul" when they were kicked. On the same token, I'm sure it does happen as people kick others for frivolous stuff all the time.

The only way to "fix" it is to remove VTK but I think we'd have more problems without it.

I'm afking about 8 hours a day and haven't been kicked once.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    Is this how people got to Rank 14 in 1.12 vanilla?
    Yes. They also account shared and botted.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

impossible since those that do the time and effort will always outrank yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Yes. They also account shared and botted.
    Which explains why so many of them were not very good at PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Which explains why so many of them were not very good at PVP.
    R13-4 is more of a grind than a test of skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen of Lordaeron View Post
    Oh, I know. I've not talked to any R13-14 people in classic but I've talked to several in vanilla. All claimed they were awesome at PVP but what they demonstrated was contrary. Best example was a R14 NE Hunter from my server who used to talk trash on the forums. I honestly do not remember how or at what point he came at me in the midst of it but he made mention that he would mop the floor with me if he ever found me. Wasn't a week or two later, he found me in Netherstorm.

I posted the screenshot of me standing over his corpse. He stopped posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen of Lordaeron View Post
    Yep, the honor ranking system was/is so fucking bad. Zero to do with skill, just mindless grind. If AV honor wasn't so high, you could maybe argue that there's some skill to the ranking since you would be forced to play premades, and those with the highest honor were beating other premades. Solo queuing AV is just superior.

Quote Originally Posted by RainBoi View Post
    Yep, the honor ranking system was/is so fucking bad. Zero to do with skill, just mindless grind. If AV honor wasn't so high, you could maybe argue that there's some skill to the ranking since you would be forced to play premades, and those with the highest honor were beating other premades. Solo queuing AV is just superior.
    No, those with higher honor just got lucky and didn't face as many premades. If you face a premade you leave, it's a waste of time even trying to win.
    That's why you use a scout, your WSG premade will be 11 man strong, where you rotate 1 who jump in and scouts for you.
    He joins first, checks if it is another premade, if it is he tells the team and they leave queue and queue up again while the scout /afk and gets the 15 min deserter and sits out on the next WSG.

It's a couple of minutes lost for those who are put up to get the highest ranking, who will never have to scout.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

First guys on our server all exclusively ground AV like idiots. They made between 1.1mil and 950k honor.

I spoke to the top 3 and they confirmed that in addition to being online almost all the time (nobody wanted to admit account sharing though, much less botting) they also never participated in the actual AV targets, like bunkers or lieutenants. Instead, they were mindlessly hunting whatever was running around mid. Alone, since party queue on AV as horde is near impossible.

Personally, I ended up on rank 112 with roughly below 500k honor via almost pure "follow the zerg and do almost nothing" strategy, while Netflixing.

I concur, probably you cannot afk yourself to rank 14. But it sure will be possible to get the blue gear, so rank 9-11, with 500k honor per week.

Still, this system is even more mindless than "vanilla" pre 1.12. At least there you had to have a premade group who knew what they were doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do it, but you prolly have to "afk" for 16+ hours every single day for a very long time. Even if you don't fight in the BG, to move your character every 5min minumum for 16 hours every day is kinda impressive. Gl

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    No... You will never ever never ever get rank 14 that way. Never hapened and never will.
    Well, at least not before that next asteroid hits us.
    My original guild leader AFK'd all the way to R13. He wasn't even on all day long. So I'm sure it's possible. People now-a-days share accounts and find clever ways to "bot" over the past. I know many of those pictures of machines people make that press a button every so often are fake, but it would not surprise me if someone actually did have something.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I concur, probably you cannot afk yourself to rank 14.
    As I said in my first post...

Quote Originally Posted by zoddzero View Post
    Seems like you overestimate the Vanilla PvP system. Only the top 0,01% or something like that will become rank 14. For the rest it will be like running on a treadmill.
    This is why they need to do an Honor reset every 3 months or so, changes are coming, Blizzard is just waiting for the content to all play out then they will have to do something.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Just because he had an afk tag doesnt mean he was afk.

My guild had 4 or 5 grand marshals, one of them for a couple months and no one could get rank 14 without constant premades winning every bg.

Dunno what kind of server you played but that rank 13 wasnt made by queueing solo and afking in bgs for sure.
    And rank 14 its impossible. From rank 13 to 14 its huge step already.
    Literally being away from your keyboard is not what people mean by AFKing in a BG. You can be at your keyboard but doing nothing in the game. I've literally watched him. He stayed in the starting cave, every so often would jump. He did this for many hours while watching movies. So anyone who says R13 by AFKing is impossible is wrong.

I do have a feeling that some people did this for R14. Why else would so many of them be so bad at PVP? I played quite a bit of PVP for one of those rare people who played WoW and lived on their own and had a job. I was able to make R10 and, fought many R14 players and only ever remember 1 who was good at PVP.

It's disgusting how many bots there are in Alterac Valley right now. In every game that's not a premade you have 5-10 bots either sitting in the base cave or running synchronized in circles, and this is on Alliance so can't blame the queues. Most of these scumbags are already over Rank 8.

I've last played AV on retail in 2014 and the situation was as horrible back then. It's genuinely surprising how little Blizzard have done to battle this behavior. Botting in Classic is extremely harmful towards the community since your behavior is directly harming players investing actual hours in ranking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    This is why they need to do an Honor reset every 3 months or so, changes are coming, Blizzard is just waiting for the content to all play out then they will have to do something.
    Genius lol.

Honor resets every single week.
    And each week is independent of the last, only your RP and its ever increasing decay carries over.

If you farmed 1 billion honor and got standing 1 in one week; that means nothing for the next week.

Its like none of you ever bother to understand this system, so it is not suprising that you get abit miffed when results are not up to par.