Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    No changes. You wanted classic, well you got it. Don't like it? GO play pony adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Isn't Alliance meant to win 10/10 games because Horde is just farming honor?

(I'm not 51+ yet)
    Thays how it was the first couple days but all the ppl that were hardcore in it for the rep are exalted now. Winrate no where near 100 for me in the random groups I've been in.

Got a lot of ally who still zerg, the main group gets slowed amd picked off by mages and such. Then only 10 or so make it into FW. Then horde send 5-10 back and horde wins around the 20-25 mark. Ally need to back cap, and actually dismount and not let the horde pick us off and the 60% mounted in the field of strife

For a second since I saw this from the front page of mmo-c I almost went home and logged on. If I could get 3k honor in 8 minutes on live I could finish that stupid blood of the enemy grind.

#somechanges is what everyone should be championing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by enzi View Post
    Great meme bois! If you want to engage in the brainless #nochanges apathy, keep posting so my thread stays on the front page.

No changes would include no crossrealms and 30 minute queue time for AV.
    I'd be on your side in that case, but changes have been made so you can't just change one thing and ignore the implications.
    AV leading to more honor/hour than WSG is bad game design and balance and will hurt the game for months to come.
    Its exactly the same as it was back then. The only difference is people know what they're doing and have been perfecting methods of winning / hk farming etc. in private servers. You can't demand changes because people got better.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Alterac needs a nerf! Fast! Like, 1 week ago.
    3k+ honor in 8 minutes with shorter queues and matches than WSG .

It throws the complete honor system out of whack and it was never ever realistically possible to get to R14 in just AV, but here we are, 15 years later and you can nearly afk your way to R14 while staying behind "defending".

Meanwhile you fight against premades in WSG and you can be happy if you get the 3-4k/hour to AVs 20k/hour

Blizzard needs to react before the WSG queue is completely dead and Arathi is dead on arrival.
    Thought that was about how it worked in "classic".

10+ Year Old Account

It throws the complete honor system out of whack and it was never ever realistically possible to get to R14 in just AV, but here we are, 15 years later and you can nearly afk your way to R14 while staying behind "defending".

Meanwhile you fight against premades in WSG and you can be happy if you get the 3-4k/hour to AVs 20k/hour

Blizzard needs to react before the WSG queue is completely dead and Arathi is dead on arrival.

So, you in fact, didn't want Vanilla... you want only changes approved by you, is that correct?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Honor is relative. The people putting in 16-18+ hours per day for honor are the same people that put in 16-18 hours per day for honor prior to BGs.

If AV is the highest yield, AV is what will be done. People still do WSG. People will still do AB once it is released. People who have the ability (time) to eat, live and sleep WOW to achieve high ranks will follow the path of least resistance. It doesn't really matter what BG it is.

Personally, the state of AV doesn't bother me. If anything, it makes the "honor grind" more accessible to the general population. I don't see why that is a bad thing...

Pleasing everyone is impossible.
    <Multipass>

I mean. I got to rank 14 on a pve server, it basically had just enough people pvping some weeks for it to even be mathematically possible. And I did it mostly on AV. AB didn't exist yet, and wsg was mostly something people did while in the queue for AV. Our premade lost vs random Horde on about an equal footing. Most of us were terrible this early in vanilla.

But our server loved AV. Mostly for the pve aspects of it. On a pve server, not very weird.
    So around my time, people got it simply through playing it more consistently than others. The interest for r14 was really really low, so I didn't even have to compete much, or put down many hours at all. It really is unfair, and in my favour for once. Then again, I was an alliance warlock pre-death coil horrifying and when soul link had a 30 sec duration, so getting some upside is just karma, right?

Either way. I don't know if anyone has said, but honour is relative. Put in the same type of efforts as everyone else, but be more efficient with it. Playing a lot only matters if everyone else does. It is an unfair system when people do not cooperate - and when they do, it can look like a cartel. You are only fighting people on your faction and on your server. Not the opposing factions.

Edit: also, the people who grinded serious honour once battlegroups were added, like several million per week, did it with AV. At least on my new server's battlegroup, Horde side. I was nosy and distinctly remember the Tauren warrior and his farming AV and his crazy honour numbers. I think around 2m, but I can't remember that as vividly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pappaslop View Post
    Honor is relative. The people putting in 16-18+ hours per day for honor are the same people that put in 16-18 hours per day for honor prior to BGs.

If AV is the highest yield, AV is what will be done.
    I missed that someone else wrote this. Yep!

LOL, i don't think you know how honor system really works... do you? It does really take A LONG TIME to get there...we are talking about 12-20 hours no life for 3 months to get there. The Decay is really punishing after R10ish (correct me if i am wrong)

Yep. But it wont be.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Crossrealm was in 1.12 tho so that's not a change.

And this is only a problem to you because you prefer wsg over AV. I'm sure ppl that prefer AV are loving this.
    I can assure you that none of the people who prefer AV enjoy the 1.12 version of the BG.

1.12 AV was always a 10 minutes honor mill and has been the most loathed version of the battleground in the history of WoW,it has been a mess until Blizzard fixed it in 2.4.
    It's the culmination of the changes meant to adapt AV to the mark of honor system,which lead to AV being butchered again and again in an attempt to make it shorter

Crossrealm was introduced in the last patch before BC. 8/22/2006 while BC released on 1/16/2007 which means crossrealms were active in classic for only some months, in a time period absolutely no one cared anymore because BC was coming out.
    This is where you are absolutely wrong. Crossrealm was introduced in Patch 1.12.0 and Classic is on 1.12 so no, there was absolutely no change in that. Regardless of how long it was on live realms means absolutely nothing because it was in the same patch that Classic is on now. This is not anything new. The difference is you don't like it so you are trying to justify that by saying it was out only for ~5 months so it doesn't count.

All of these BG things that are currently in were live with the game in 1.12.0 so there is no change. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it needs to change.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    LOL, i don't think you know how honor system really works... do you? It does really take A LONG TIME to get there...we are talking about 12-20 hours no life for 3 months to get there. The Decay is really punishing after R10ish (correct me if i am wrong)
    According to the forums there were suppose to be thousands of Rank 14's this week. I'd really love to see where they are all at.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Its exactly the same as it was back then. The only difference is people know what they're doing and have been perfecting methods of winning / hk farming etc. in private servers. You can't demand changes because people got better.
    Eh, not advocating for changes but the problem is how Blizzard released content here.
    The Epic Armor / R14 Weapons are straight up nuts currently, even once BWL is out, they're still amazing.

Back when BG's were released shortly after the introduction of the honor system, you did have a AV where said Rush strategies were very difficult because so many npc's did so much more damage and the enemy half was basically filled with npc's.
    Like, check out Korrak's Revenge on retail and imagine that with the rather basic toolkit of Classic.

These extremely quick AV's are a result of changes made to AV, by the time 1.12 was however released on Classic, the PvP Armor wasn't as interesting anymore because ZG / BWL / AQ was already out for months and with Naxx on the horizon (and by extension, TBC) the a good portion of the more dedicated playerbase gave actual efforts to achieve R14 a pass.
    Before the changes made to AV, where those rush games were rather uncommon, WSG / AB were more efficient for grinding honor.

My point is, back when the honor system was released, AV wasn't the most efficient source of honor because those quick matches were not possible.
    However, because we're using 1.12 as basis, it is the most efficient source.

Just to be clear on that, Rush AV were also the meta in Vanilla post 1.12, most people (at least those with enough time to actually achieve it) presumably just didn't give a shit about R14 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    the irony of no changes is that it actualy is VERY changed,people werent doing this in vanila with AV,it was something a select few knew to take advantage of,so blizz by actualy nerfing it would provide a more accurate vanila experience,but nuance is lost among the fanboys
    AV AFK honor grind is documented with lots of MEME videos from the first R14 players who allready abused AV as much as possible.

Maybe watch some warcraftmovie/youtube videos about this if you didnt play vanilla?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    #somechanges is what everyone should be championing lol.
    #SomeChangesButNotAllChangesButOnlyTheChangesILikeBecauseIfIHaveToAcceptSomebodyElesesChan gesIMightNotLikeThem

Get it trending, boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    AV AFK honor grind is documented with lots of MEME videos from the first R14 players who allready abused AV as much as possible.

Maybe watch some warcraftmovie/youtube videos about this if you didnt play vanilla?
    no player ever got r14 by afk-ing in av,maybe look it up if you didnt play vanilla?

15+ Year Old Account
    #SomeChanges
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Awww, so sorry.. The broken aspects of Classic don't get to be changed, because the "community" will cry tears of blood.

Please enjoy the stagnation of a 2004 game with a 2019 meta.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

10+ Year Old Account

AV is for those who no-life Classic to get a piece of gear that they'll never actually get full use out of.

WSG is for those who want to actually PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.