Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Tulsi Gabard showing her true colors as always.
    I'd be surprised if she isn't primaried.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pelosi is holding the Articles now in hopes of getting a more fair trial, meaning, trump cant get acquitted just yet. smart.

Tulsi Gabard showing her true colors as always.
    I hope she gets a "funa" as we call that here (like a public shaming)
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Now, quick question, in regards to being impeached straight-up congress-wise - does that do anything? Like... does it actually remove power from him that the Senate can't re-establish?
    No. Impeachment is an indictment. Now it goes to trial. Democrats don't have the 2/3s majority necessary to ratify the impeachment. There won't even be a removal vote.

*Mike Pence silently evolves in the background*
    “This isn’t even my final form!!”
    *Lightning arcs around his fingers”
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    Pelosi is holding the Articles now in hopes of getting a more fair trial, meaning, trump cant get acquitted just yet. smart.
    Is that what the bit right at the end of the session was about? What does that actually mean?

And an indelible mark is inscribed on the Narcissist-in-Chief's Legacy. Good for Democrats. The timorous invertebrates whose testicles are all in grip of Trump? I hope they all realize what history will say about them.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    Is that what the bit right at the end of the session was about? What does that actually mean?
    Nothing. Just doesn't get to the Senate for a vote which means nothing because the only thing that can happen to Trump is removal by the Senate, which isn't happening anyway. All of this is for political ads in 2020.

Nancy will wait awhile for a fair trial to take it to the senate. The rage won’t entirely die down but the Pubs will be unfair in senate regardless because they have shown us they are party over country
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    If he is not acquitted he will have a criminal change dangling over his bald head. image damaging stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Nothing. Just doesn't get to the Senate for a vote which means nothing because the only thing that can happen to Trump is removal by the Senate, which isn't happening anyway. All of this is for political ads in 2020.
    I think that the senate vote has to happen though
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I fully expect The Senate to just handwash, but I'm glad the House passed this.

Trump deserves to lose everything he has for all the abuses he has done.
    As your neighbour to the north, we too would like nothing more than for the orange manchild to be removed from office. We don't like having a shitty trading partner that is trying to fuck us over on our trade deal.

Nah the second impeachment is coming if you think Trump is done trying to win through cheating you haven't been paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    If he is not acquitted he will have a criminal change dangling over his bald head. image damaging stuff.
    Nono, there was a bit right at the end where the Speaker said something like the articles were being tabled to be reconsidered or something like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Nah the second impeachment is coming if you think Trump is done trying to win through cheating you haven't been paying attention.
    Oh no, impeachment when they don't control the Senate. This is why the 2018 "Blue Wave" failed. They didn't get control of Congress, just the House. Plans to impeach Trump were already in place in 2018. They're only shot now is winning the presidential election.

I'm thrilled.

I can't tell you how right this feels.

It was all worth it to do this to him and his supporters.

The Constitution is being defended by real heroes in the Democratic Party. Giants.
    They'll still think they "won" when the senate acquits him though and claim that means he did nothing wrong.

Oh no, impeachment when they don't control the Senate. This is why the 2018 "Blue Wave" failed. They didn't get control of Congress, just the House. Plans to impeach Trump were already in place in 2018. They're only shot now is winning the presidential election.
    No one thought they would win Senate. There wasn't enough seats to take it anyway in 2018. The plan was to get the House. They did. The Blue Wave isn't over. This was just Phase 2 of a 3 phase plan.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

This is why the 2018 "Blue Wave" failed.
    This is why nobody should take anything you say seriously.

So you are clueless the senate could not be flipped because democrats had 3 times more seats in play then republicans. The democrats taking the house was historic it was the biggest electoral lost in US history even with gerrymandering, voter suppression and all the GOP tactics they got swept away. There were no plans to impeach Trump in 2018 that's like saying the right is planning on Nazi Germany because of Steve King's recent racist comment.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    They'll still think they "won" when the senate acquits him though and claim that means he did nothing wrong.
    His followers aren't relevant. They didn't win him the election, moderates did. They will be the same reason he loses in 2020.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown