Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its fine. once people get Exalted with Stormpike/Frostwolf and get The Unstoppable Force nobody will queue AV anymore except Weekends
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    #SomeChangesButNotAllChangesButOnlyTheChangesILikeBecauseIfIHaveToAcceptSomebodyElesesChan gesIMightNotLikeThem

Get it trending, boys!
    Let the developers make the changes without player feedback, it worked great in the BfA beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Let the developers make the changes without player feedback, it worked great in the BfA beta.
    And yet, you want to trust those same people to make changes to Classic? There's no happy middle ground and nobody agrees on fucking anything so I really don't see the point of "some changes" unless you really are trying to advocate for some type of game design by democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    And yet, you want to trust those same people to make changes to Classic? There's no happy middle ground and nobody agrees on fucking anything so I really don't see the point of "some changes" unless you really are trying to advocate for some type of game design by democracy.
    The diehard #nochanges crowd will disappear eventually. Though I am betting TBC is basically a guarantee now seeing how insanely it boosted subs they will want to do that again and most complaining will move there.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    #SomeChanges
    It's more like #MyChanges, because clearly (person in question) knows which particular mix of patches would be the perfect one.

Quote Originally Posted by enzi View Post
    Alterac needs a nerf! Fast! Like, 1 week ago.
    3k+ honor in 8 minutes with shorter queues and matches than WSG .

It throws the complete honor system out of whack and it was never ever realistically possible to get to R14 in just AV, but here we are, 15 years later and you can nearly afk your way to R14 while staying behind "defending".

Meanwhile you fight against premades in WSG and you can be happy if you get the 3-4k/hour to AVs 20k/hour

Blizzard needs to react before the WSG queue is completely dead and Arathi is dead on arrival.
    What? As a R14 player anytime AV popped you would always take it even if in a wsg q as the honor was ALWAYS better. They were just less frequent than now

This whole topic is pointless now anyways. AVs have steadily turned into longer and longer turtles. The ‘quick’ matches have doubled in length at a minimum. The Horde almost always go mass D now. A premade WSG is just as good honor if not better now that AV strats have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Its fine. once people get Exalted with Stormpike/Frostwolf and get The Unstoppable Force nobody will queue AV anymore except Weekends
    This will be even better. Less Alliances doing AV will mean even longer queue for Horde.
    You can try to go WSG, but all the Alliance rankers are in AV and theres very little Alliance players who want to pug WSG against an army or Horde premades, so WSG queue time will get crazier the more Horde go for it. And when you realize that even losing AV with 3k honor in 12min is better then a WSG steamroll, you will come back to AV if you want to rank.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    the irony of no changes is that it actualy is VERY changed,people werent doing this in vanila with AV,it was something a select few knew to take advantage of,so blizz by actualy nerfing it would provide a more accurate vanila experience,but nuance is lost among the fanboys
    So Blizzard should just tweak every aspect of the game just to direct players to behave like most did in 2004?

"Only selected few class stacked this much so let's nerf OP classes"

"not this many players had engineering so let's nerf it"

sounds pretty boring if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    It's not the honor that needs to be nerfed, just queueing as a premade. Blizzard blocked oQueue for the same reason in the original vanilla, they shouldn't allow it now. That also involves fewer changes to the game.
    When I was in vanilla we would all be in vent or teamspeak or what not and do a countdown then all que see who made it if too few leave que and try again in a min. Is there a add on now that just ques everyone at once ?

#NoChanges-CeptinFer

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    But... but... MAH #NoChAnGeS!!!!1

This is pretty much how 1.12 AV worked back then. At the end of vanilla you always queued AV and left WSG/AB when it popped because it was the best honor by far with all the buffs to honor gain and nerfs to npc's from 1.8 to 1.12.

Quote Originally Posted by enzi View Post
    Crossrealm was introduced in the last patch before BC. 8/22/2006 while BC released on 1/16/2007 which means crossrealms were active in classic for only some months, in a time period absolutely no one cared anymore because BC was coming out.

It's not a problem for people who like AV. As the honor system works relatively they still get a lot of honor. Nerfing it would just mean people who play WSG can actually compete. As it is now, it's mathematically not possible.

honestly I was a reluctantly excited about vanilla when it was first announced but as soon as I heard that they were going to use 1.12 as a client for vanilla, my excitement died. It is retarded since a lot of the vanilla base was on a "break" after 1.12 waiting for BC and people's experience of vanilla is not based on the 1.12 gameplay. I kept complaining that this was going to be an ugly mess and they were pretty much launching classic in a BC pre-patch state but no one cared..

People should have strongly advocated for dynamic patching if they were going to stagger content release but ofcourse blizz took the laziest fucking way out as usual. The most vocal minority of the shit private server community was playing on some sort of 1.12 client anyway so they didn't care.. This is the result. it is too late now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont cry kiddo. Its only rush for a few weeks for AV like wpvp now its same with AV.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    So Blizzard should just tweak every aspect of the game just to direct players to behave like most did in 2004?

"Only selected few class stacked this much so let's nerf OP classes"

"not this many players had engineering so let's nerf it"

sounds pretty boring if you ask me
    I dont disagree but thats the only way to do it if they want to recreate an accurate vanila experience