Poll: What do you think?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

I Think Classic should have Mercenary Mode

What do you think?

I dont see any cons. AV Queues are already becomng 20min+ for Horde
    Gamers are different in 2019, Mercenary Mode would only make me play the game more

Perfect fit if u ask me, almost like Classic needs it more than Retail does since noone does BGs on Retail
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2019-12-19 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Gamers are different in 2019
    And yet, you wanted a game from 2004 back. You got it, be happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    I didnt, Im only playing it because BFA is shit

there wasnt this extreme imbalance in 2004/2005,blizzard would ironicaly recreate vanila much better by actualy making changes,tali made an excelent point in a video of his by comparing it to someone making a castle to try and live like those people in those times,exept the doors would be to small so they have to bend as people were shorter before,so by altering the doors to make them larger you would actualy make a more accurate experience,change=/=bad

Well, if anything will do, I've heard Final Fantasy XIV is pretty good.

Ah yeah, nothing recreates the authentic Classic experience quite like seeing my entire BG team full of players from the apposing faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should Blizz change Classic for the sake of people like you who didn't even want it in the first place? I'll make it easy: they shouldn't. Classic exists for the people who wanted vanilla servers. It does not exist for the "eh I didn't want this but retail sux, but blizz should make these changes cuz its not 2004 anymore" crowd.

Meaning, people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    there wasnt this extreme imbalance in 2004/2005,blizzard would ironicaly recreate vanila much better by actualy making changes,tali made an excelent point in a video of his by comparing it to someone making a castle to try and live like those people in those times,exept the doors would be to small so they have to bend as people were shorter before,so by altering the doors to make them larger you would actualy make a more accurate experience,change=/=bad
    You can't create the same experience as 2004 anyway, it is literally impossible as Spoonman pointed out "Gamers are different in 2019".
    So all one can do is to give people the game as it was back then and leave the rest in their hands.
    The faction imbalance isn't something Blizzard has created, it is entirely player-made.

And I highly disagree with the castle analogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except there is nothing about playing a video game that serves as an analogy to 'people were shorter hundreds of years ago'. That's quite possibly the dumbest comparison-for-sake-of-justification I've ever heard for changing classic.

Change isn't bad. But change is also antithetical to Blizzard's already-stated approach to Classic. By all accounts, they're looking for it to be a museum piece. A time capsule. And even though players today are much different than they were 15 years ago when Classic was new any potential change is bound to cause ridiculous controversy that will only serve to further fracture the playerbase. No changes is not interesting but if Classic is to have any hope of longevity (despite the loud proclamations of the vocal minority here) it's necessary for Blizzard to adhere to their established principles.

10+ Year Old Account
    That didn't really make much sense to me...if you want a authentic experience, you get short doorways and all. Doesn't matter if you're 6'9...they weren't really back then, to change the castle doesn't make it authentic. It's peoples faults to go back to a 15 year old game and expect it to play exactly like it was 15 years ago...things change.

I kept saying it would never be the same when we have this level of knowledge and so many places that theorycraft and every little thing has been analyzed to death for over a decade...low and behold...things aren't the same because the people aren't the same. Hate the player not the game...

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you think?

I dont see any cons. AV Queues are already becomng 20min+ for Horde
    Gamers are different in 2019, Mercenary Mode would only make me play the game more

Perfect fit if u ask me, almost like Classic needs it more than Retail does since noone does BGs on Retail
    Nah. No changes.

Also plenty of people BG on retail. Queues are a few minutes max. Korraks revenge has been incredibly popular.

NO, also they should remove it from retail.

No, Classic's a nostalgia trip, and a relic, no changes. Any cool ideas should be implemented into Retail.

You wanted #nochanges, you get no changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Except there is nothing about playing a video game that serves as an analogy to 'people were shorter hundreds of years ago'. That's quite possibly the dumbest comparison-for-sake-of-justification I've ever heard for changing classic.
    its a perfectly fine comparison,people today do things differently than in the past,so by changing stuff today so people do those things as they did them in the past is a more accurate recreation than just copy pasting and you not actualy experiencing it as before

10+ Year Old Account
    its a perfectly fine comparison,people today do things differently than in the past,so by changing stuff today so people do those things as they did them in the past is a more accurate recreation than just copy pasting and you not actualy experiencing it as before
    No.

Comparing the height of people from hundreds of years ago to modern humans, has approximately nothing to do with playing WoW from 15 years ago versus WoW from today.

I'll say it again: the only people Blizz should listen to are the people who WANTED vanilla servers - the people who asked for another chance to play the vanilla version of the game.

They did not ask Blizz for "Classic+" or "Classic, but with these curated improvements!" nonsense. So Blizz needs to keep on doing what they're doing, which is tuning out people like the OP (and apparently you). They shot down HD models at Blizzcon, on the basis of that not being a part of the classic experience, and if they're against something trivial/cosmetic, no chance in hell they're willing to do something like Mercenary mode.

And that's exactly how it should be.

That some of you think you have a right to barge in on a game y'all didn't even want (by your own admission) and demand changes to it is asinine to the 11th degree. If Classic isn't good enough for you, then it wasn't for you in the first place. And if retail isn't good enough either, then you probably ought to find another game to play.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2019-12-19 at 04:54 AM.

Ah, so people have the choice to be tall or smaller today.
    There is all the difference in the world between physically being born a certain way without being able to change it and deciding to do something a certain way.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2019-12-19 at 04:57 AM.

To be clear, 1.12.1 isnt 2004 WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    To be clear, 1.12.1 isnt 2004 WoW.
    Alright, 2006, my bad. When I think Classic I think back to the original release date.