Poll: What do you think?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    In all seriousness, people wanted classic, they got classic.
    Now you can take off the rose tinted glasses that have been worn for 12 years, and face what it was.
    Keep classic the museum piece that it is and move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Perfect fit if u ask me, almost like Classic needs it more than Retail does since noone does BGs on Retail
    What are you smoking? On bfa I'm getting 8 min queues for AV specifically, not even random.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Not when AV is the best honor lol.
    Then how come the que went from 7 min to 20 min? if people diden't stop queing

If you don't want long BG queues why on earth did you roll Horde?

It's as much a part of faction identity as shaman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I didnt, Im only playing it because BFA is shit
    that doesn't mean you get to change it. either you accept classic for what it is, advocate for a new game, advocate for changes to retail, or play retail.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you think?

I dont see any cons. AV Queues are already becomng 20min+ for Horde
    Gamers are different in 2019, Mercenary Mode would only make me play the game more

Perfect fit if u ask me, almost like Classic needs it more than Retail does since noone does BGs on Retail
    man if only the horde hadn't camped alliance so bad for a month that alliance players quit, they wouldn't have to worry aBOut those 20 minute queues. really bit you in the ass there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xzan View Post
    Personally, instead of Mercenary Mode, I'd prefer free and/or paid faction changes along with limitations on where you can transfer to and faction change to.
    There need to be balanced realms, so no transfers or faction changes to a faction that is already at or over 55% of the server's population.
    The #nochanges crowd would still not be happy about this but it's clear now that the meta has changed, players have changed, population in general is too heavily skewed towards Horde (me being guilty myself of this... somehow I expected there to be way more Alliance on Classic, heh) and there need to be tools that can help correct the situation.
    blizzard has been trying to balance realms for months now with no luck. people aren't willing to leave the dominant faction.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Then how come the que went from 7 min to 20 min? if people diden't stop queing
    Because the Horde turtle in every game they are in? Keeping the few alliance that are actually queueing hostage in long games or with a 15 minute afk debuff? Horde is doing this to themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    that doesn't mean you get to change it. either you accept classic for what it is, advocate for a new game, advocate for changes to retail, or play retail.

- - - Updated - - -

man if only the horde hadn't camped alliance so bad for a month that alliance players quit, they wouldn't have to worry aBOut those 20 minute queues. really bit you in the ass there

- - - Updated - - -

blizzard has been trying to balance realms for months now with no luck. people aren't willing to leave the dominant faction.
    Well... to be frank, what Blizzard did was just open transfers off overpopulated servers, it had nothing to do with faction balance. I'd argue that it was because of these transfers that the greatest imbalances happened - Flamelash EU is a shining example of how unregulated free character transfers killed one faction.
    There also need to be other measures in place to balance the populations, because players themselves just can't do it.

For example:
    - If there is queue on heavily imbalanced server, the queue needs to be faction specific to incentivize transfers/faction changes and thus maintain healthy population balance
    - On servers where dominant faction is over certain threshold (say, 60:40 and worse), open a Shared Layer for the minority faction and only allow equal number of dominant faction players to be on that layer.
    The way layer invites work would have to be changed to prevent layer hopping abuse - meaning that if a dominant faction player is on the Shared Layer, he can’t invite others to it, rather he’d leave his own layer even when handing out the invite himself. A confirmation prompt informing the player of his action resulting in layer change would be in order.
    The rest of the dominant faction would be secluded on Separation Layer.
    Shared herb and mining nodes across the layers would be advisable.
    - OR instead of Layers just give the minority faction an option to opt out of being PvP flagged if dominant faction is at or over 60:40 split, actually would proably be much easier and elegant solution.
    - Disallow Character Migrations and Faction Changes if the target faction is already over 55:45 split*
    - Disallow creation of a new character if the target faction is already over 55:45 split*

*unless account already has other characters of the same faction on the server

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Queues are fine because it has Mercenary Mode. Thats the whole point with this thread

Korrak is only popular because its Extremely OP to level in. If it wasnt noone would do it
    You're missing the point. People have to be queueing at all, merc mode or not. Your jab at retail and that no one does BGs is wrong, and funnily enough you just admitted it.

And yeah, you're probably not wrong about Korrak, but people still do other BGs plenty.

Aaaaand finally, no changes. You all knew what you were getting into, deal with it or leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, I would kinda want it.

BUT

Not changing classic is more imporant. No changes > good ideas in the end.

Its not really Blizzard's fault the community has become hyper-obsessed with min/maxing every aspect of the game. Its the players fault they feel the need to role on the most powerful faction, on the highest pop servers. The only mistake Blizzard made was not breaking census trackers. Then maybe you wouldn't have this shit-show.

Or you could just roll alliance and be in instant av's where you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'll say it again: the only people Blizz should listen to are the people who WANTED vanilla servers - the people who asked for another chance to play the vanilla version of the game.

They did not ask Blizz for "Classic+" or "Classic, but with these curated improvements!" nonsense. So Blizz needs to keep on doing what they're doing, which is tuning out people like the OP (and apparently you). They shot down HD models at Blizzcon, on the basis of that not being a part of the classic experience, and if they're against something trivial/cosmetic, no chance in hell they're willing to do something like Mercenary mode.

And that's exactly how it should be.

That some of you think you have a right to barge in on a game y'all didn't even want (by your own admission) and demand changes to it is asinine to the 11th degree. If Classic isn't good enough for you, then it wasn't for you in the first place. And if retail isn't good enough either, then you probably ought to find another game to play.
    I asked for classic + from the very start. I don't play the game anymore, I leveled to 60 and stopped because in my opinion, past nostalgia, it's just not a very good game. I believe that it could be an amazing game if they treated it like OSRS does, but at no point did I ever think that I'd enjoy classic for any meaningful period of time.

Why is it any more wrong for me to ask for a version of classic+ than it was for people like you to ask for classic in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Nah. No changes.

Also plenty of people BG on retail. Queues are a few minutes max. Korraks revenge has been incredibly popular.
    except it was because of powerleveling , doubt whoever played only max level continued to do so after getting the mount

Anyway , merc mode can't work in classic , with numbered instances and the ability for all players to whisper eachother this would create more problems than it solves
    Last edited by valax; 2019-12-19 at 02:10 PM.

No everyone knew going in that horde would be the dominant faction by a huge margin so by rolling horde you accepted long queue times, if you didn't want long queue times you would've rolled alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    what a terrible analogy.

Doors in medieval structures were quite large for the most part.
    only the entrance and sometimes the royal room ones,but the inside general quarters wwere usualy smaller,also even the big doors had smaller ones carved in them so to not alwways needing to open the main big one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I asked for classic + from the very start. I don't play the game anymore, I leveled to 60 and stopped because in my opinion, past nostalgia, it's just not a very good game. I believe that it could be an amazing game if they treated it like OSRS does, but at no point did I ever think that I'd enjoy classic for any meaningful period of time.

Why is it any more wrong for me to ask for a version of classic+ than it was for people like you to ask for classic in the first place?
    I didn't ask for Classic, literally never asked for it. I like current WoW better (though there are things I miss from vanilla/BC) and I was firmly of the 'Blizz is never going to release classic servers, FFS stop making topics about it' mindset until they actually announced Classic servers.

As for your question? See the bolded part of your own post. I don't know why I have to keep saying this, but here it goes again: if you don't like vanilla WoW, you weren't the target audience for Classic in the first place. Therefore there is no reason they should cater to people like you, there is no reason they should alter the thing that literally MILLIONS of people are already happy with.

"But but they could make separate classic+ servers!" And by doing so they divide the player base further than Classic already has, which is detrimental all around.

At Blizzcon they made it clear: they are not interested in adding things to Classic that weren't a part of the experience back in 2004-2006, when they cited HD models as a popular request but shot down the possibility. They are committed to Classic being a faithful recreation of the original 1.12x client, and that's how it should be.

If retail isn't good enough, and classic isn't good enough, it is time to find another game to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    No.

Comparing the height of people from hundreds of years ago to modern humans, has approximately nothing to do with playing WoW from 15 years ago versus WoW from today.

I'll say it again: the only people Blizz should listen to are the people who WANTED vanilla servers - the people who asked for another chance to play the vanilla version of the game.

They did not ask Blizz for "Classic+" or "Classic, but with these curated improvements!" nonsense. So Blizz needs to keep on doing what they're doing, which is tuning out people like the OP (and apparently you). They shot down HD models at Blizzcon, on the basis of that not being a part of the classic experience, and if they're against something trivial/cosmetic, no chance in hell they're willing to do something like Mercenary mode.

And that's exactly how it should be.

That some of you think you have a right to barge in on a game y'all didn't even want (by your own admission) and demand changes to it is asinine to the 11th degree. If Classic isn't good enough for you, then it wasn't for you in the first place. And if retail isn't good enough either, then you probably ought to find another game to play.
    While I do agree with you, I think Classic+ should happen. It should happen on separate servers, with characters copied from our existing Classic servers, once Classic is done. That way, everybody wins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wermys View Post
    Or you could just roll alliance and be in instant av's where you lose.
    Interestingly enough, when I played this morning (a few hours ago), Alliance was rushing Drek just fine. For whatever reason, Horde turtling efforts only seem effective at peak times.

What do you think?

1. I dont see any cons. AV Queues are already becomng 20min+ for Horde
    2. Gamers are different in 2019...
    1. Then you need more rose-tinted glasses.

2. Good thing Classic isn't.

3. Your Mom needs Mercenary Mode.

I dont see any cons.
    Classic is called Classic for a reason.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of the biggest appeals to classic wow is the return to faction exclusivity - the factions actually feeling different. This has been killed in today's wow by all mounts being available in some form to both factions, account shared cosmetics, removal of PvP servers which previously didn't allow you to have characters of both faction, and things like mercenary mode.

They said no to a new character model toggle.

So if they didn't consider a small optional cosmetic change, why do you think they would implement a change that directly goes against the spirit of classic wow?

3+ Year Old Account
    I didnt, Im only playing it because BFA is shit
    AKA you could have played any of the much better games out there yet you prefer to play a game that makes you want to created forum threads about how you want to change it.

Simply put, you don't like what you play as much as you should, yet you follow the sheeps as if WoW was a lifestyle instead of a game and nothing more. Just following the trend, not listening to yourself.