Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    This league didn't shake things up enough for me to be excited, so I'm playing here and there until the monster parts are automatically picked up. Not sure when that's scheduled, but it is sorely needed. I also don't know that I like them being limited to one screen and then you get no more parts when you trigger. Would be more interesting if you could collect an unknown amount and build an all legendary quality boss. I've had several maps bug out and not provide all the pieces needed to summon even after circling them 2-3 more times just to be sure I didn't miss something.

I say 'bug' because surely that wasn't the intention...to randomly not even let you do the seasonal mechanic. That would be so bad I'm just assuming it's not on purpose.
    There was a bug (or a series of bugs) where you got Unnamed monster parts that didn't register and could indeed lock you out of summoning a Metamorph. its been fixed and I havn't had it happen for the last 2 days.

Have you gotten to maps? Because I have trouble parsing the statement that the League didn't shake things up enough when the entire end game Atlas system has been changed.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Have you gotten to maps? Because I have trouble parsing the statement that the League didn't shake things up enough when the entire end game Atlas system has been changed.
    No, because I'm specifically saying the piece present during leveling pre maps is so boring I don't really want to play. It's great that the end game might be special, but I might not see it until they have an engaging front 50% of the game again. When there are large changes to ability sets/classes and/or interesting league mechanics then I smash it out and get to maps quickly. This league, not so much.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Would be more interesting if you could collect an unknown amount and build an all legendary quality boss.
    That is exactly how the system works once you get to stronger metamorphs.

On a side note, got disconnected during a 90%ish completed blight map a couple days ago, lost everything. Sucked a lot, but i got over it. Now though, i finally got my hands on the last t13 map i needed for atlas bonuses, corrupted it with some nasty stuff, took my time completing it, looted the bosses, summoned the meta, looted the meta and the server died while i was identifying loot in the inventory. Relog back in after a few minutes - no loot and no map completion bonus. That kinda took the wind out of the sails.

t13 and 14 maps are super rare for me for some reason and i struggle to find my first t15 one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I used to functionally play SSF for years. Never traded or had much interest in it.

I still get the appeal to a point, it's a self-contained experience that requires you to rely more on crafting to try to gear. But since I'm used to trading now I prefer gearing up that way as it's definitely faster.
    I view ARPGs like Diablo or PoE differently from other people I guess. Getting all BiS gear is only the START for me. Hell, even getting to max level is not important. I play ARPGs because I love just face melting tons of enemies. No actual goal other than being able to just blitz through a horde. I know for some people, probably and especially the people who play SSF, getting the gear IS part or all of the goal, and they lose interest once they get it. I get that in other games, especially MMOs that are just gear treadmills, but the gear just lets me do what I want to do in an ARPG - murdering fools effortlessly over and over again.

Most of the builds I have are just right-click fests. AoE Spark, Zombies, Cyclone, RF, etc. I don't run flasks that I have to constantly use for DPS/speed buffs, I don't play builds that have you run a thousand miles an hour, I just casually walk through a map killing things and picking up loot so that I can go do it again on another map.

To be honest I think the gear I have on some of my character is probably worth several hundred EX, or at least far more expensive than other people would bother spending currency on. I hear people saying they can't push past like T10 maps or something, and I'm over here wishing we had like T20. But I still feel like a noob, like my gear could be so much better, but it can at least get the job done. I've never even killed the Shaper/Elder before. I've only killed one of the 4 mini bosses, the Hydra. Just not into that side of the game I suppose. I just want to kill throngs of useless minions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    They sell cosmetics in the cash shop and a few conveniences. Pricing is like 3$ USD for things like extra bank space. Which is account wide, unlocked on all leagues and such.

Considering that the game is F2P and can reach a broader audience than an indie developer can afford to market- I'd say making the claim even subjectively that they ruined their game for accepting a 3$ tip is somewhat dim.

The game could never survive on box sales. Too niche, too small a company. They rely on word of mouth, tips and good gameplay.
    Some of the MTX pricing is a bit absurd though. Like 27 dollars for a skin on a single skill when GGG can nerf that skill to dust and you will never use it again. I guess its assumed that you will only buy it when it's on sale. GGG benefits from you feeling rushed into buying MTX for that one item that one day and wknt be on sale again for months.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-12-19 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Some of the MTX pricing is a bit absurd though. Like 27 dollars for a skin on a single skill when GGG can nerf that skill to dust and you will never use it again. I guess its assumed that you will only buy it when it's on sale. GGG benefits from you feeling rushed into buying MTX for that one item that one day and wknt be on sale again for months.
    Uh...I haven't seen any ability cost more than like $10ish. If you're talking about purchases around $30, that's more full armor sets or other bundles that have more than a single item in it (weapon glow/skin, for example).

It's a bit pricey for some cosmetics, but overall considering that they're all totally optional (save stash tabs if you're a serious player, and they're pretty cheap and frequently on sale) and you get a ridiculous amount of game for nothing, IMO it's not a major issue. If you want to drop cash you can, but if you feel cosmetics are too pricey then you never have to unless you really want them.

I mean, I've thrown money at them just to support them, and I'll probably pick up another $60 league bundle to that effect as well. I've got cash shop currency just sitting around because I haven't really seen anything I want to purchase yet, but I'm happy to show GGG some love for the awesome work they do by giving them some money.

Uh...I haven't seen any ability cost more than like $10ish. If you're talking about purchases around $30, that's more full armor sets or other bundles that have more than a single item in it (weapon glow/skin, for example).

It's a bit pricey for some cosmetics, but overall considering that they're all totally optional (save stash tabs if you're a serious player, and they're pretty cheap and frequently on sale) and you get a ridiculous amount of game for nothing, IMO it's not a major issue. If you want to drop cash you can, but if you feel cosmetics are too pricey then you never have to unless you really want them.

I mean, I've thrown money at them just to support them, and I'll probably pick up another $60 league bundle to that effect as well. I've got cash shop currency just sitting around because I haven't really seen anything I want to purchase yet, but I'm happy to show GGG some love for the awesome work they do by giving them some money.
    I just got the 60 dollar support pack (white one) cause I thought the armor + 550 credits + wings etc was a good value and the game was free. Got a Quad tab and its amazing for storing chaos recipes. Can put each type of item in it's own corner to easily keep track of what you have and then just control click them into your inventory when you have the recipe. I just thought that some skins for specific abilities were a bit high since they were very build specific abilities.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-12-20 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I just got the 60 dollar support pack (white one) cause I thought the armor + 550 credits + wings etc was a good value and the game was free. Got a Quad tab and its amazing for storing chaos recipes. Can put each type of item in it's own corner to easily keep track of what you have and then just control click them into your inventory when you have the recipe. I just thought that some skins for specific abilities were a bit high since they were very build specific abilities.
    That's what I'm getting, I prefer that armor to the other one. Quad tabs are nice, but you actually get more item slots per-dollar if you get the individual tabs IIRC (even premium tabs). I've just got like 12 premium tabs that I color/rename to make keeping track of stuff a bit easier.

I mean, most skills are "build specific" from what I know. Yeah, cyclone can be used in a bunch of different types of cyclone builds, but it's still cyclone at the end of the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    GGG could cut the costs of their MTX stuff and not bat an eyelash. Hell, it would probably entice MORE people to buy them. But 40+ for a complete armor set is just nuts. I've purchased I think 2 sets so far, but only when they went on sale, and that was still pricey. I have all of the specialty tabs though, being a collector like I am, I have to have nice neat places to put everything!

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I'm getting, I prefer that armor to the other one. Quad tabs are nice, but you actually get more item slots per-dollar if you get the individual tabs IIRC (even premium tabs). I've just got like 12 premium tabs that I color/rename to make keeping track of stuff a bit easier.

I mean, most skills are "build specific" from what I know. Yeah, cyclone can be used in a bunch of different types of cyclone builds, but it's still cyclone at the end of the day.
    I have 2 quad stash tabs. One of them I use for storing Uniques that I'm not quite ready to just vendor/waiting for the Prophecy to vendor, and the other I have for Shaper/Elder items that I will eventually craft on. But I can't stand how tiny things are on those tabs, it makes them hard to see, everything else is either on the specialty tabs or on normal premium tabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    GGG could cut the costs of their MTX stuff and not bat an eyelash. Hell, it would probably entice MORE people to buy them. But 40+ for a complete armor set is just nuts. I've purchased I think 2 sets so far, but only when they went on sale, and that was still pricey. I have all of the specialty tabs though, being a collector like I am, I have to have nice neat places to put everything!
    Probably not, actually. And part of the high cost is likely to bleed out currency from supporter packs with each league.

They rely more on whales dropping thousands each league than they do small purchases, that's how almost all MTX shops work. They'd probably end up losing out money despite reaching more individuals with sales overall. There's actually a lot of math behind modeling cash shop sales projections that backs this up, and most of which I both can't share and don't understand in the slightest. Partially because that's now how things work, a 20% reduction in price doesn't mean 20% more sales to make up for it, it may mean 10% more sales leaving you with more volume sold, but less overall revenue.

And yes, all the specialty tabs are great. I've got all of them, just hoping they add more currencies to the currency tab.

Agree that the specific tabs are insanely good. I bought the first blood pack and one of the basic supporters, i'm not really hunting for skins but spell/weapon/character effects are way nicer.

One thing i'd like them to do: add a xmog system in game. I know there are microtx for that, so i think they can limit to standard skins and uniques dropped. Many many people complain about the lack of customization, so i think that they can just give that to players. I don't think it will impact the shop a lot, but that could shake the market as people will start buying items for skins alone.

I hope i never run out of space in the currency tab XD
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Alright...I literally haven't the foggiest clue how the map works in the slightest now. I should probably look that up before I keep going...

Alright...I literally haven't the foggiest clue how the map works in the slightest now. I should probably look that up before I keep going...
    I'd just jump into them XD fuck strategy just zerg.

Updates on my character. I ditched minion instability and IL, opting for a more classic physical setup for my skellos. Anyway i'm lvl 63 and ice shot is doing like 12.8k dps on tooltip and im baffled - i have to find a shock source and probably i could convert skellos damage to lighting for that, since i'm using herald of ice and hatred and mana reservation is already over the top XD

I'll have to fit flesh offering, and start working on stats so i can equip both Null's and the helm. 212 dex/int and 83 str, i'm undecided if it's worth investing a couple of points in the +30 nodes - esepcially DEX because it'll make scale up damage both of monions and myself.

Dunno if the classic CDWT+Immortal call is a viable option anymore. Though i'm ranged and i don't find myself really needing that.

Explore outwards to the 4 corners, that is where the Conquers first spawn. Run maps until their influence shows up (the color of the region)after 3 maps in that region you can talk to the new guy and then Zana can open the way to the citadel to fight them. They drop a WatchStone that you use to upgrade your atlas.

Once you have a Watchstone you can check the left side of the your map, which has storage for the stones, by hovering over them. It will say something like "Region level: 1 required to spawn this exile". A region's level is determined by how many stones you socketed into that region on the atlas. The more stones in a region to higher level the maps are.
    Once you have your first 4 stones I would say explore the center 4 regions to find their citadels, a portal to it can spawn when you kill a map boss. Then socket a stone in the inner regions so you can spawn another round of conquerers to get another 4 stones to further upgrade your map since now you need 2 stones in a region to get them to spawn again ect.

Since I like completion I gathered 8 stones and then socketed 1 in each region, leaving 1 empty. This empty region is then the only set of tier 1-3 maps so when low level maps dropped they were forced to be from this region, making it easier to farm up missing maps.
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2019-12-20 at 01:30 PM.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

To be fair, not even the veteran streamers figured out the new map atlas until later in the first week.

I've watched like 3-4 different videos explaining it, and it still doesn't really make sense to me. Pretty much sounds like: "Do every type of map(desert, dungeon, forest, etc) at each tier. Don't die."

Honestly, I think defeating the final final boss is squarely in the realm of 10+ hour a day players.

10+ Year Old Account
    the patch with auto-pickup of organs is in, finally. now you just see a floating text from the mob that gave the organ, instead of having to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    the patch with auto-pickup of organs is in, finally. now you just see a floating text from the mob that gave the organ, instead of having to pick it up.
    Honestly i am ignoring the new mechanic completely. it just feels im slowing down to do an unnecessary difficult encounter for not really good rewards. Maybe its juat better to wait and start doing it on maps where additional drops start to matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Honestly i am ignoring the new mechanic completely. it just feels im slowing down to do an unnecessary difficult encounter for not really good rewards. Maybe its juat better to wait and start doing it on maps where additional drops start to matter.
    I'm running this build. and I'm melting the Metamorphs up to T13 maps (highest I've gotten so far), the only time I've had problem is from the one that drops some shit on the ground.
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2019-12-20 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    I'm running this build. and I'm melting the Metamorphs up to T13 maps (highest I've gotten so far), the only time I've had problem is from the one that drops some shit on the ground.
    I'm running something i planned out by myself - i don't really care about uber efficiency, and i'm killing metamorphs, just i don't find it compelling or really valuable, so i'm just leaving it for maps.

EDIT: this is the char (ascendant)
    https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...ead/characters
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-12-20 at 01:31 PM.

There was talk about SSF so I'd like to add my point to it.

I personally detest trading. I know games like d2 had huge trading, but the game itself was pretty playable without it. It wasnt designed for it, I think. You could play and collect functional enough gear by yourself. Thats the sort of arpg's I loved playing. I alone against hordes of enemies that I can annihilate and then pick stuff from them to become stronger. Thats the idea.

If I can just type in chat a message "wtb *add in here your bis item*", then what is the point. Those harder bosses that might be sprinkled around? Sure, if thats what people like. Personally I like making different types of characters with different ways of playing. I never liked the gogogo mode to end game. I understand why people like trading, because they prefer the end game where they get to play their complete characters. For me, it is building of the character rather than completing it. If I liked trading, I could build my character to completion in extremely short time. So nope. This applies to other games than PoE too.

I like the arpg's more where you can be more self reliant. I want a single player arpg. Not multiplayer, but seemingly all of them are probably intended for multiplayer these days or at least push to that direction. One way or another.