Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    You are taking my comment out of context. I was replying to someone who was saying that this kind of awful storytelling is what happens when you change directors. And I mentioned HP because they changed directors every movie and that it's the studio/producers/writers fault for not having a cohesive idea going in, which is the problem with TLJ and likely RoS.
    Oh, i know. Problem is that the directors in SW sequel trilogy were given also script/story leadership, while this didn't apply to HP movies. Your analogy was flawed, is all i mean.
    /spit@Blizzard

I really don’t understand how one can call themselves a SW fan while accepting (and therefore even remotely liking the central premise of the movie) that Palpatine was actually alive the whole time and Anakin was a loser the whole time. The very center of this movie is anti-SW.

There’s something wrong here. It’s like all y’all care about is extremely surface level things and don’t think about what you’ve just seen. I just don’t get it.

Considering the reports that RoS is trying to crap what should have been TLJ and RoS into 1 film I think its safe to say that JJ atleast had a vision for the trilogy (whether that vision was any good isn't relevant for this).
    TLJ then shat all over that vision.
    That is the fault of Kennedy who should have kept Ryan on track and not given him the freedom to create something entirely different that doesn't fit.
    ESPECIALLY when you then go right back to JJ to finish the trilogy.

Ignoring the quality of each individual film, the lack of structure and continuity between the trilogy is the fault of Kennedy and no one else.
    You don't even need to compare it to the MCU which is indeed a huge line of films all connected. This is 3 films, a basic trilogy. If you can't manage to keep 3 films shot in sequence on track your not fit for the job, period.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I actually enjoyed much more the prequel triology rather than the disney triology.

Yes the prequel triology had many flaws: Jar jar Binks, the boring Anakin car race, the horrible Anakin and Amidala romantic story, are some of the flaws. But I really enjoyed the whole prequel story combined and the end result. This Disney triology... i just don't connect with it.
    The best part of the prequel trilogy was the awesome beginning of the Clone Wars at the end of Episode II, Darth Maul in Episode I in general, Jango Fett, Yoda, the overall golden age of the Jedi, and all of Revenge of the Sith. There's a lot of good stuff in the prequel trilogy if you remove the bad stuff. Like you said, the Disney trilogy, there is very little good in it. Rogue 1 has been the only great Disney SW movie.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    I really don’t understand how one can call themselves a SW fan while accepting (and therefore even remotely liking the central premise of the movie) that Palpatine was actually alive the whole time and Anakin was a loser the whole time. The very center of this movie is anti-SW.
    What's wrong with Papa Palpatine being alive? Didn't you hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise? Did you see his dead body? Was he a powerful Force user who could survive the fall? Sith Alchemy? Was it wrong of him to survive in EU as well? Is it wrong to incorporate legend stuff into the canon?

You are not a SW fan if you are not ok with the big P being alive. He's like the greatest character of the whole trilogy of trilogies.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    What's wrong with Papa Palpatine being alive? Didn't you hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise? Did you see his dead body? Was he a powerful Force user who could survive the fall? Sith Alchemy? Was it wrong of him to survive in EU as well? Is it wrong to incorporate legend stuff into the canon?

You are not a SW fan if you are not ok with the big P being alive. He's like the greatest character of the whole trilogy of trilogies.
    He didn’t survive in the EU. He was cloned. At least they knew what they were doing. Yes. Invalidating the central victory of the saga is bad. Who’da thunk?

You’re also using many, many false equivalencies here lmao

What's wrong with Papa Palpatine being alive?
    The main issues are...

1) him being alive undermines he end of RotJ.
    2) nothing was set up regarding him returning in the previous 2 films. He comes out of nowhere to go raaaawr i'm the bad guy then dies almost as fast.

I was hoping Qi'ra was Rey's mother, or Luke was her father... ah well

Qi'ra was actually the most interesting character that Disney created in these 5 movies. I wonder what will they do to her? I would love to see Emily again in the star wars franchise.
    I kinda would have preferred if Rey's parents did actually just turn out to be nobody special. In a galaxy of trillions of people, not everyone needs to be related to each other. I did like Qi'ra, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    I kinda would have preferred if Rey's parents did actually just turn out to be nobody special. In a galaxy of trillions of people, not everyone needs to be related to each other. I did like Qi'ra, though.
    I would have been fine with that if TFA hadn't teased so heavily about who she was.

What annoyed me the most was the beginning, when the fucking floating yellow text says, that Palpatine has returned. So betweeen episodes 8 and 9 the Emperor has returned OFF SCREEN and we learn that by reading text? SERIOUSLY?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaidlol View Post
    What annoyed me the most was the beginning, when the fucking floating yellow text says, that Palpatine has returned. So betweeen episodes 8 and 9 the Emperor has returned OFF SCREEN and we learn that by reading text? SERIOUSLY?
    LMAO. it's unironically hilarious how much of a hack JJ actually is

And they don't even explain HOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    And they don't even explain HOW.
    Because they can’t win. They either get called a rip off of Dark Empire or he never died. They chose the latter, and it’s still really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Considering the reports that RoS is trying to crap what should have been TLJ and RoS into 1 film I think its safe to say that JJ atleast had a vision for the trilogy (whether that vision was any good isn't relevant for this).
    TLJ then shat all over that vision.
    That is the fault of Kennedy who should have kept Ryan on track and not given him the freedom to create something entirely different that doesn't fit.
    ESPECIALLY when you then go right back to JJ to finish the trilogy.

Ignoring the quality of each individual film, the lack of structure and continuity between the trilogy is the fault of Kennedy and no one else.
    You don't even need to compare it to the MCU which is indeed a huge line of films all connected. This is 3 films, a basic trilogy. If you can't manage to keep 3 films shot in sequence on track your not fit for the job, period.
    JJ didn't have a vision, rip. TFA is literally predicated on the previous trilogy, relying on nostalgia to keep the audience entertained, nothing interesting or new is explored. Snoke is a one dimensional villian that is a copy and pasted Palpatine. TROS is TFA without the old ensemble cast to carry the film, even that didn't stop JJ from trying the same formula with the lazy reintroduction of Palpatine which collapsed bc the audience can see how blatantly cheap the move is - yes, TFA did the same thing w/ Luke driving the plot, Leia, Han etc, but the hiatus had blurred the fan boys' expectations and it was before the disillusionment

Rian at least explored new territory with TLJ, he had a vision. Only issue with TLJ was TFA and now TROS
    Last edited by Zexaniro; 2019-12-19 at 10:54 PM.

I will forever curse JJ for what he did to Star Trek, but to play devil's advocate. I like to imagine TLJ was supposed to go into that before Rian took a sharp left turn so JJ had to cut corners to get the story back on track.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Oh and where did the "Sith choir" come from in Palpatines "throne room"? Where do they eat, sleep, pee? What are they? This sounds like nitpicking but it really felt off having so many devoutees of the emperor there just for the kicks.

And I will never understand why they can't just use existing planets like Korriban. I think having the emperor there, would be waaaaaay better than a random new planet.
    Last edited by Shaidlol; 2019-12-19 at 10:59 PM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is what i didn't get on the Disney's creative decisions!

The skywalker family ends. The Palpatine family lives on... Palpatine wins either way (losing or winning the fight). Adopting a new name is a joke...

Really, Disney?
    Yeah, really!

It gives them the chance to rehash Kylo Ren in like 10-20 years from now, having Rey's child aspiring to be like the grand-grandfather! (/s)
    /spit@Blizzard

He sure is not treated like the greatest character of all the trilogies by dying to what shoud be a novice jedi deflecting his force lightning with 2 lightsabers after delivering a one liner that seems like it came from an avengers endgame parody.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Oh, i know. Problem is that the directors in SW sequel trilogy were given also script/story leadership, while this didn't apply to HP movies. Your analogy was flawed, is all i mean.
    It can work, is the point, it's not a flawed analogy.
    For the most part its Disney/K Kennedy's fault, they green lit productions with no over arching vision. And when they brought in a second director, they didn't ensure he stayed on the path the first director laid out.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ahhhhaaahahahahhahahahaaaahahhahahahahahaha....I knew it would be bad, but this?...xD

Damn fine cam torrent I found... charging a star destroyer with goat-ponies, shooting down a stormtrooper with bow n arrow, god have mercy this was crap, like a couple of braindead fans got hollywood to do a movie for them..

This wasn't sith n jedi at all...THESE WERE MUTANTS, SUPERHEROES! MARVEL FANS DOING STAR WARS!.........WTF Emperor shooting down star ships like they were flies...

and I am...

THOR

begone rebel scum!

https://s2.best-wallpaper.net/wallpa..._3840x2160.jpg

LOL
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-12-19 at 11:42 PM.