Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Up until when do we have time to kill Azshara for CE? Is it the January 21 or one week later, i.e. January 28?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Ah yes, a patch that brings a single raid and nothing else with it.

What? Don't pretend new WQs and those shitty "story" quests are new content.

On a side note, will be skipping this patch. I encourage many others to do so because this patch is just an embarrassing spit in the face to not only we the players, but WoW's previous writers too.

If this is your cup of tea though, then sure. Go play and enjoy it. Not telling you not to.
    So why are you even here? One would assume that you have better things to do, if you will be skipping the next year of wow. No offense, it just doesn´t make much sense hm

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    This says to me they want this patch to last a long time.

December 2020 for 9.0. Calling it now.
    it's always done that way. lfr wings have launched 2 weeks apart since start of Legion and possibly earlier, so no it has nothing to do with wanting the patch to last a long time - it is how they have done it for ages

I reckon April/May beta, mid September prepatch, mid October expansion launch, mid November raid launch - won't interfere with Christmas that way

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    I can’t wait to log in and see Nyalotha. I wonder if it will be a big sprawling zone or two or three put together like Argus was. Couldn’t give a shit about the raid as all raids feel the exact same structurely since MoP but Nyalotha is a zone I’ve been looking forward to setting foot in since WotLK first mentioned it.
    Prepare yourself to be very very disappointed. Most of us were hoping for a Nyalotha themed xpac after BFA, but we Expected the Argus treatment of just a few zones and much wasted potential. However blizzard thought we weren’t lowballing enough........

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    New races have been Expansion bullet point features a number of times. It might not be content that interests you, but it is content.
    New races are great, at the beginning of an expansion. Mid expansion new races is bad since you have to either reroll and start all over or pay blizzard to race change so you can keep your current progress. I had no problem with allied races at the end of legion as the expansion was done and we were just keeping busy until BFA arrived. Mid expansion allied races is nothing but a cash grab and I wish they would stop with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Pikay View Post
    Up until when do we have time to kill Azshara for CE? Is it the January 21 or one week later, i.e. January 28?
    Should be 21st. You can get Ny'alotha gear that week.

14th is probably the earliest they can get the patch out after settling back in from holidays, 1 week to work out the worst kinks and gamebreakers from deploying to live, season start.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Nah..not for guilds that care about beating mythic...the very few. But at the end of the day it also does not matter with the gear rest of 9.0

I mean...they are new content as far as I am concerned...it just will be over crazily quickly....really stretching it also out extremely thinly for the ones who just want to do tourist mode LFR..and then in March...there will be a very very dry period until Shadowlands.

As I said...it even amazed myself how little there is.
    I had to triple check the author of this post just to make sure I wasn't losing my vision...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Well this thread went from 0 to full retard real quick. Every news post on MMO-C is a cockfight nowadays.
    Unfortunately pretty much always the case, something new gets released and see the hate flow from these forums.. lol

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Nah..not for guilds that care about beating mythic...the very few. But at the end of the day it also does not matter with the gear rest of 9.0

I mean...they are new content as far as I am concerned...it just will be over crazily quickly....really stretching it also out extremely thinly for the ones who just want to do tourist mode LFR..and then in March...there will be a very very dry period until Shadowlands.

As I said...it even amazed myself how little there is.
    there is always a dry period after the final patch before the new expansion pre-patch. happens every single expansion without fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    It's nothing for raiders too. We make our progression through once and immediately stop right after. There's no reason to farm gear from raids this expansion because the gear sucks compared to M+ and world content gear. Progression is over within a month.
    and the most important part: why you should farm gear in a mediocre quality raid for a 9months period where nothing will happen for what you can use that gear ?

i mean, this is the case between every last raid and next xpac. but for an xpac that is relatively nonraider friendly with a not-that-great looking raid and some raid gear grind (corrupted gear) for coming nothing for 9 months, is just.... somewhat useless.

if there would be a small but high qualiity 2 bosses „final fight“ raid 2-4 months before SL, ok. if there would be a thing like timeless isle to farm stuff and use that gear from 8.3, ok. but why should non mythic raiders, that killed all bosses in mid feb, farm that grindgear raid for another 4-8 months ?

i even understand it, when its super alt friendly. because ppl tend to play alts between xpacs. but it is not. it is another form of grind. but: grind for... what ?

dont get that logic by blizz.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2019-12-20 at 01:35 PM.

Wow look at that, this might actually make me leave the mission table on my boat... might

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    and the most important part: why you should farm gear in a mediocre quality raid for a 9months period where nothing will happen for what you can use that gear ?

i mean, this is the case between every last raid and next xpac. but for an xpac that is relatively nonraider friendly with a not-that-great looking raid and some raid gear grind (corrupted gear) for coming nothing for 9 months, is just.... somewhat useless.

if there would be a small but high qualiity 2 bosses „final fight“ raid 2-4 months before SL, ok. if there would be a thing like timeless isle to farm stuff and use that gear from 8.3, ok. but why should non mythic raiders, that killed all bosses in mid feb, farm that grindgear raid for another 4-8 months ?

i even understand it, when its super alt friendly. because ppl tend to play alts between xpacs. but it is not. it is another form of grind. but: grind for... what ?

How do you determine that it’s a mediocre raid? Have you played it on live yet??

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    How do you determine that it’s a mediocre raid? Have you played it on live yet??
    He already has nzoth cutting edge m8 kappa.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    He's a pioneer, he doesn't let facts get in his way.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

finaly some good news from blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post

LOL wow you really are insane sir get some help i played 8.3 and imho it puts legion to shame i love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    New races have been Expansion bullet point features a number of times. It might not be content that interests you, but it is content.
    To be honest new races in the past like the Blood Elves and the Drenai had two entire zones each and an extensive storyline attached to them. Not just a short questline. I'm ok with the allied races but IMO they are a cheap way to introduce new additions to the Horde and the Alliance and some of them feels like they should be just customisation options for the existing races. I'm still happy that we are getting them but I think Blizzard could do so much more lore and gameplay wise.

Finally som News I Actually care about!

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    In reality, he doesn’t have a point. They’re not just putting out one single raid, which is a standard thing for them to do and is nothing out of the ordinary when it comes to raid tiers (in terms of patches) anyway.

The way the Allied Races have been released is down to matching the story with them. Sure, they could just release them with no tie ins to the game at all, but I think people forget the RPG element to WoW being an MMORPG.

They’re adding more than just one raid - the entire patch is not just a raid, thus he has zero point.
    Oh yeh. The Maghar orcs were "released to match the story". That's why I was farming exalted with the Honorbound by killing fat guys on an island in azeroth while the Maghar were getting genocided by Yrel in Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Oh yeh. The Maghar orcs were "released to match the story". That's why I was farming exalted with the Honorbound by killing fat guys on an island in azeroth while the Maghar were getting genocided by Yrel in Draenor.
    Oh haha. Talking about the current ones - we all know Mag’har were a last minute replacement because the Zandalari got bumped *because* of the story.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I mean technically didn't we go back in time to save the rest of them? so while you were getting exalted with honorbound by killing fat guys most of the genocide on Draenor had already been completed