Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Once you have the gear you can wear it forever, and trust me, when you're walking around wielding those weapons people know you're a GM/HW without a title or achieve.

It's not worth it because it steals 3 months of a person's life. And the #1 thing that's come out of this thread from people that did it: They stopped PvP completely after because they were so burnt out.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    Being the best in something in Vanilla is like being the strongest Boy in a group of Kids. You can ne proud for yourself but flexing with that is just sad and cringy.

Also the group was right. Feral was useless and you would be way more efficient being the heal bitch for a real DD.
    And who would carry the flags, genius?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I'm not sure it would be worth it to get rank 14:

1. The title is not permanent. If you skip a week and rank down, your title also ranks down.
    2. There is no achievement.
    3. I don't think the PvP gear can even be worn until you are of minimum rank?
    Lmao Not worth doing it if title isn't permanent (All waste for hazard to your health...like what the fuck for? Lol Temporary hall of fame then being burnt out?)

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Lmao Not worth doing it if title isn't permanent (All waste for hazard to your health...like what the fuck for? Lol Temporary hall of fame then being burnt out?)
    Nobody who is even weighing the time commitment up will ever even reach R10. You either play the required hours/day independently from the content or you don't. Achievements are worth nothing, class balance does not change magicaly just because you have better pvE weapons out of the sudden with R14.

The sad truth is visible for everyone, check out some vanilla 1v1 duels against R14 geared players (Ming series for example). Your counter class will still beat your R14 geared toon in blue gear and your raid dps will not change much witch just pvp weapons.

Asking IF its worth to spend so much time for R14 is not a valid one, since its answered long ago - no its not. If you have the playtime anyways and dont mind the most mindless of all grinds, go for it.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Nobody who is even weighing the time commitment up will ever even reach R10. You either play the required hours/day independently from the content or you don't. Achievements are worth nothing, class balance does not change magicaly just because you have better pvE weapons out of the sudden with R14.

The sad truth is visible for everyone, check out some vanilla 1v1 duels against R14 geared players (Ming series for example). Your counter class will still beat your R14 geared toon in blue gear and your raid dps will not change much witch just pvp weapons.

Asking IF its worth to spend so much time for R14 is not a valid one, since its answered long ago - no its not. If you have the playtime anyways and dont mind the most mindless of all grinds, go for it.
    If I remember correctly, pvp weapons for melee are on par with BWL loot, so not bad at all.

Honor gain is relative to other player, so you don't really have to grind hard -if- the entire community has a gentlemen's agreement on how much to play.

But seeing people will always not honor it, you'll need to grind simply outgrind the other try hard

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure it would be worth it to get rank 14:

1. The title is not permanent. If you skip a week and rank down, your title also ranks down.
    2. There is no achievement.
    you can keep wearing the items. The rank limits you from buying them. This is how honor grinding teams work: they rotate on getting to rank 11/14 so they can get their items.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    Honor gain is relative to other player, so you don't really have to grind hard -if- the entire community has a gentlemen's agreement on how much to play.

But seeing people will always not honor it, you'll need to grind simply outgrind the other try hard
    It depends. Back in vanilla on our server, there was such agreement on the horde side - we actually run almost perpetual BG group with ranks 11+, I think 4 of us became HW. But alliance side did not have a similar sort of agreement, there were at least two fiercely competitive groups.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    It depends. Back in vanilla on our server, there was such agreement on the horde side - we actually run almost perpetual BG group with ranks 11+, I think 4 of us became HW. But alliance side did not have a similar sort of agreement, there were at least two fiercely competitive groups.
    Yeah, i've heard about these agreement working out in rare cases, but if one group doesn't honor it it's basically mutually assured waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    Yeah, i've heard about these agreement working out in rare cases, but if one group doesn't honor it it's basically mutually assured waste of time.
    High-pop servers + AV bonus weekend and every agreement went out of the window. Late faction leader killing and other "tactical" things just meant that even 7days/week of full honor farming was still not enough to not lose the whole week and people had to do 1 or even 2 overnighters ADDITIONALLY.

Accountsharing for R14 was not allways a choice. Cool hollywood stories how to EZ get R14 are only from small and transfered servers with zero competition and from late vanilla nerfed R14 grind (2 weeks 1-14).
    -

It's not even possible to get from 1-14 in under 3 months, math is in the OP I believe. Unless you're talking BC pre-patch...which still doesn't even sound right.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

How goes the grind?

15+ Year Old Account
    Rank is only required to purchase the gear, once you bought it you can use regardless of rank.

First thing you do when you get Rank 14 is make sure you have the required gold to buy all the weapons before you de-rank again.

from late vanilla nerfed R14 grind (2 weeks 1-14).
    Even after the nerf it still took me 6 weeks at standing 1 to get from Rank 13 to 14 in patch 1.12.

2 weeks from 1-14 is pure bollocks.
    Last edited by Hottage; 2019-12-20 at 08:20 AM.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Accountsharing for R14 was not allways a choice. Cool hollywood stories how to EZ get R14 are only from small and transfered servers with zero competition and from late vanilla nerfed R14 grind (2 weeks 1-14).
    This won't really work. First of all, it's not even possible to go from 13-14 in 2 weeks even if you are standing 1 on the server, let alone 1-14.

Second, on small server there might not even be enough players to qualify a SINGLE r14 player at all.
    Third, the smaller the server, the fewer deranged farmers it takes to fuck with you. A single guy going ham will basically destroy your chances on a server where 1000 people are ranking.

AFK AV like the olden days of vanilla.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Quote Originally Posted by Hottage View Post
    Even after the nerf it still took me 6 weeks at standing 1 to get from Rank 13 to 14 in patch 1.12.
    What are you even saying?

Before the Pre-BC patch 12-13-14 was only reachable with standing 1 and the pushback for losing your standing was 4-5 WEEKS of 18h/day farming.
    WHILE
    With the Pre-BC patch you could get multiple R14 each weak on the same server and you didnt even needed standing 1 anymore and the pushback was basicly gone.

Since you are proud of your Pre-BC cheese R14, why dont we talk about what "kind" of PvP you had to do so late into vanilla.
    => WSG was used by the boost selling groups, WHY? -> players left instantly against premades and there was NO DESERTER BUFF

=> you did not play against players (NO PVP), the only thing you did was to cap 3 flags in the 5 minutes before the empty game closed

And just to be clear with you, you nitpicked my "1-14" statement while its obvious for any honor grind participant that its just standing for "11-14", because farming simply AV reputation till exalted got you R10 for free in VANILLA without even trying to rank in pvp. The mount rank was not even worth the time spend and anything above R11 had the 4-5 weeks of pushback for lost rank/lost days of honor included.

With your participation in the Pre-BC patch to cheese the huge barrier that was R12-13-14 you are basicly in the same pool of players that took advantage in WoD from the 5500 MMR arena exploitings (auto-losing 5500 bots), where players got all the 2700k achievements without ever fighting a player.

WoW DEV's times of incompetence with FoS:
    # R14 preBC cheese
    # WotLK AQ gate openings on "new servers"
    # MMR 5500 exploits

Grats again for your "achievement" and grats for nitpicking on my "1-14" overexagaration.
    Last edited by Ange; 2019-12-20 at 02:00 PM.
    -

15+ Year Old Account
    What are you even saying?

Before the Pre-BC patch 12-13-14 was only reachable with standing 1 and the pushback for losing your standing was 4-5 WEEKS of 18h/day farming.
    WHILE
    With the Pre-BC patch you could get multiple R14 each weak on the same server and you didnt even needed standing 1 anymore and the pushback was basicly gone.
    What do you consider the "pre-BC prepatch"?
    In 2.0.1 there was no PvP ranks at all, you just bought the gear for honor.

In 1.12.1 I was standing one for weeks before getting Rank 14. That was playing 16h a day 1.2 million honor per week.
    We had a very high population server, so it was possible (although still extremely rare) for two players to get Rank 14 the same week.

Since you are proud of your Pre-BC cheese R14, why dont we talk about what "kind" of PvP you had to do so late into vanilla.
    => WSG was used by the boost selling groups, WHY? -> players left instantly against premades and there was NO DESERTER BUFF

=> you did not play against players (NO PVP), the only thing you did was to cap 3 flags in the 5 minutes before the empty game closed
    Admitely AFK dodgers were a big problem, most enemy teams avoided mine. Stomping PUGs was not fun but by the time I was leading the team I just wanted to get max rank and be done with it.

That being said I never let my team dodge other premades, and had some pretty fun fights against other teams which did participate.

Personally we aimed for 6 minute games, since my paladin was flag carrying instead of a druid.

I had farmed a decent set of gear to counter 1 shot macros from PvE geared Arcane/Fire mages, which was a big factor in why a lot of other teams wouldn't fight us.

And just to be clear with you, you nitpicked my "1-14" statement while its obvious for any honor grind participant that its just standing for "11-14", because farming simply AV reputation till exalted got you R10 for free in VANILLA without even trying to rank in pvp. The mount rank was not even worth the time spend and anything above R11 had the 4-5 weeks of pushback for lost rank/lost days of honor included.
    If everyone was farming AV to get "free R10", it wouldn't have worked, that's kinda the point of the ladder system.
    I did level my paladin almost exclusively from 51 to 57-58 in Alterac Valley, but because I really enjoyed the gameplay. I wasn't even going for ranks back then.

With your participation in the Pre-BC patch to cheese the huge barrier that was R12-13-14 you are basicly in the same pool of players that took advantage in WoD from the 5500 MMR arena exploitings (auto-losing 5500 bots), where players got all the 2700k achievements without ever fighting a player.

WoW DEV's times of incompetence with FoS:
    # R14 preBC cheese
    # WotLK AQ gate openings on "new servers"
    # MMR 5500 exploits

I know there was a change made to the ranking curve in 1.12, didn't change the fact I still had to play 16h a day, every day, for about 6 weeks to get that last rank.

If you consider investing 16h a day not a "huge barrier", I don't know what to say. that's no less a time investment than previous patches as far as I'm aware.

Grats again for your "achievement" and grats for nitpicking on my "1-14" overexagaration.
    Thanks! You sound super salty, to be honest.
    Last edited by Hottage; 2019-12-20 at 03:00 PM.
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Hottage View Post
    If you consider investing 16h a day not a "huge barrier", I don't know what to say. that's no less a time investment than previous patches as far as I'm aware.
    16h/day with a close to garanteed ranking is not the "hard" part.

Dealing with 16h/day for 4-5 weeks and getting pushed back from R13 to R12+50% because you might missed 1 day of honor (bug/RL) is the "hard" part. And thats the 12-13-14 barrier you did not even felt.

I respect every player that took the insane amount of time, dedication and could deal with the extremly brutal relapses while going up/down in the system.
    FoS exploiting players who cheesed their way into achievements just because the DEV team did not care at that time not so much.

You also might want to call yourself a mythic-raider, by clearing 1 pre-expansion old content solo?
    -

15+ Year Old Account
    16h/day with a close to garanteed ranking is not the "hard" part.

Dealing with 16h/day for 4-5 weeks and getting pushed back from R13 to R12+50% because you might missed 1 day of honor (bug/RL) is the "hard" part. And thats the 12-13-14 barrier you did not even felt.
    If I'd taken a single day off my grind I'd have lost my rank, even in patch 1.12, 16h a day was for 6 weeks, even at the end.

In some ways the competition heated up near the end when people realizing the ranks would become unobtainable in patch 2.0.1 and your lifetime highest would be your permanent rank.