Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

will blood elves/nightborne interbreed with trolls in the future of the horde

this isnt a subject that interests me personally but i know that blood elf players tend to have a strange obsession with the idea of racial and cultural purity so i figured it might be of interest to them.

we know trolls and elves have common ancestry so they can probably breed. and the horde is pioneering relations between trolls and elves to levels never thought possible before. we have the zandalari empire teamed up with the highborne night elves with no hint of trouble or bad blood between them. it's an amazing feat of diplomacy.

we know that no matter what, when you start getting 2 cultures friendly and near each other they naturally get close and begin to intermingle and breed. it seems likely to me that half-troll half-elves are possible and no doubt the horde is the #1 place these relationships can thrive.

since blood elves and nightborne are both almost extinct and don't breed anywhere near close to the rate that trolls do, it seems very likely that in the near future, the already dwindling elf populations could see a surge of half-elf half-troll births. as this went on, we'd naturally see the genetics trend more toward the troll side to things, just as a natural result of trolls breeding faster than elves. further along in the timeline we'd likely see silvermoon's toxic culture dismantled as those with troll ancestry push for more troll culture in the city, and both silvermoon and suramar eventually being subsumed into a greater troll empire within or beside the horde, while elf "purists" are rightfully scorned and exiled for their backwards conservative views on race.

i am 100% all for this btw, i love the idea of half elf half trolls as a race, and it sounds like the logical path forward for the blood elf story and the horde culture as a whole, more integration, more intermingling, and a stronger, better nation from the sum of its parts. it would also be a great way for blizzard to come down against the undercurrents of fascism and racism that exist not only in the horde storyline since bfa, but as we have seen, are deeply rooted in the horde fanbase itself.

what do you think? could we see half elf/half trolls as a potential future allied race, replacing blood elves? or is this something that could be a cool new addition for the horde in warcraft 4?
    they hated sillag because he told them the truth

10+ Year Old Account
    Eeeeh. As an allied race, not likely unless we get a MAJOR timeskip - Most relationships between elves and trolls ARE relatively recent, and even if we had a couple that got together during BC, any child born between them would barely be 10 at this time. Zandalari/Nightborne are even more recent. Wouldn't make sense lore-wise to have half-breeds playable in-game for a long, long time.

The same goes for a large number of other potential half-breeds too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

When you live for 5000+ years I think if the elves really wanted they could rebuild in plenty of time. Trolls are not doing so hot themselves population wise.

Trolls may be more fertile but I doubt half trolls would choose troll culture over comfortable elf culture.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno why not, troll guys are pretty irresistible.

They got the mojo (ah, oldy but a goody)

7+ Year Old Account
    probably not

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    what do you think? could we see half elf/half trolls as a potential future allied race, replacing blood elves? or is this something that could be a cool new addition for the horde in warcraft 4?
    are you for real? definitely not, half-races are one of the worst and cringe things in rpgs

why an half-elfrace would replace blood elves?

and why it could be cool addition to the horde in warcraft3? they are half-elves, anything elf related is not cool addition to the horde

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Dunno why not, troll guys are pretty irresistible.
    delete this

Of course not. All elves females are attracted to human males. This is rule number 1 . No exceptions.

(but really i agree with Syegfryed.)

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    half-races are one of the worst and cringe things in rpgs

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    Of course not. All elves females are attracted to human males. This is rule number 1 . No exceptions.

(but really i agree with Syegfryed.)
    And elf males are into humans too. Just look at poor Kael.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

As long as alcohol and beer are in the setting, I don't think it can ever be ruled out entirely.

Yeah given the lifespan of Elves there's basically no chance the Horde even still exists by the time it's going to be an issue, and thus would go their alliance with any kind of Troll.

The only non-Elven race that Blood Elves ever got along with for any serious length of time for them has been humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see it happening...considering how elite Blood Elves and Nightborne are, and how...not Trolls are, they may be neutral to friendly with each other but don't see them mingling that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    probably not

are you for real? definitely not, half-races are one of the worst and cringe things in rpgs

why an half-elfrace would replace blood elves?

and why it could be cool addition to the horde in warcraft3? they are half-elves, anything elf related is not cool addition to the horde

- - - Updated - - -

delete this
    1: rexxars half breed and one of the most fun characters still from the original horde.

2: nah.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    1: rexxars half breed and one of the most fun characters still from the original horde.
    every rule have the exception, it would be way better for him to be just an ogre just saying, and all the others, like the rule say, are meh

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    The average blood elf spits on half human/elves, and nightborne are even more intolerable of the idea. The chance of a half troll happening is pretty rare, for it not to be killed on birth even rarer, for it to happen in mass? Not gonna happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard hates showing people in a relationship let alone a interspecies.

"When enraged, and in heat, a female troll can mate over 80 times in one night. Be you prepared?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    this isnt a subject that interests me personally but i know that blood elf players tend to have a strange obsession with the idea of racial and cultural purity so i figured it might be of interest to them.

we know trolls and elves have common ancestry so they can probably breed. and the horde is pioneering relations between trolls and elves to levels never thought possible before. we have the zandalari empire teamed up with the highborne night elves with no hint of trouble or bad blood between them. it's an amazing feat of diplomacy.

we know that no matter what, when you start getting 2 cultures friendly and near each other they naturally get close and begin to intermingle and breed. it seems likely to me that half-troll half-elves are possible and no doubt the horde is the #1 place these relationships can thrive.

since blood elves and nightborne are both almost extinct and don't breed anywhere near close to the rate that trolls do, it seems very likely that in the near future, the already dwindling elf populations could see a surge of half-elf half-troll births. as this went on, we'd naturally see the genetics trend more toward the troll side to things, just as a natural result of trolls breeding faster than elves. further along in the timeline we'd likely see silvermoon's toxic culture dismantled as those with troll ancestry push for more troll culture in the city, and both silvermoon and suramar eventually being subsumed into a greater troll empire within or beside the horde, while elf "purists" are rightfully scorned and exiled for their backwards conservative views on race.

i am 100% all for this btw, i love the idea of half elf half trolls as a race, and it sounds like the logical path forward for the blood elf story and the horde culture as a whole, more integration, more intermingling, and a stronger, better nation from the sum of its parts. it would also be a great way for blizzard to come down against the undercurrents of fascism and racism that exist not only in the horde storyline since bfa, but as we have seen, are deeply rooted in the horde fanbase itself.

wait, what ?
    you are not personally interested in ?
    and wrote that wall of text ?
    and then go „i am 100% all for this btw“ ?

mmmk

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Trolls may be more fertile but I doubt half trolls would choose troll culture over comfortable elf culture.
    I'd be afraid the half Troll would become addicted to magic if it chooses Elf culture though
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Considering 3 different species from 3 different planets were able to get their fuck on and eventually produce Med'an I'd say the chance of elves and trolls being able to produce kids is pretty likely.

We all know that blood elves are for humans. Whether you're the Crown Prince or the Ranger-General, man or woman, you can't turn down that sweet potential.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.