Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Your guess about main story players

Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know in SL only Tyrande and Sylvanas are confirmed as some bigger story figures.
    Who else will show up? What would You like to see from our current roster of leaders/main characters to show up in Shadowlands and what part You think they gonna play?
    My guess - Vol'jin will be touched again.

Vol'jin due to his entire role in BfA being a Shadowlands foreshadowing. He'll probably become a full Loa by the end of that expansion, especially considering Bwonsamdi is getting his own dedicated dungeon and story thread.

Honestly I don't think we'll get a lot of major faction leaders in the story this time. A lot of them will probably get stuck in The Maw during the intro and then we'll free them at the end of the 9.0 storyline. I think it'll be a lot like MoP where we focus on a crop of 'new' (Or newly reintroduced like Kael'thas, Uther, and Draka) heroes as well as the one or two characters tying us back to our world, that being Bolvar and Tyrande.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-12-20 at 06:56 PM.

Well, I'd guess Vol'jin and/or Bwonsamdi would be interacting with Sen'jin at some point. Maybe Vol'jin would take up mantle of loa from one or even both of them if the opportunity presents itself. Could be satisfying to see him get some level of purpose in his afterlife like that. Seeing him resurrected would be the most hype. Him getting reincarnated as a baby again would be a little disappointing (then we gotta either wait for him to grow up or wait for leaders to force his aging with Fel magic or something).

Malfurion, Tyrande, and Genn will all be seeking out Sylvanas - but Genn specifically has an extra motivation in the Shadowlands with the spirit of Liam. He may seek closure there, and that may pacify him for awhile if he does get closure. (Or at least, until the Forsaken attack his people again, or mercy have it if Tess dies - then he'll be seeing red forever.)

If Velen interacted with Uther's spirit, that would be a particularly interesting exchange. But they'd probably just use it as a way to motivate or build up Anduin. I'd hope maybe Velen, Uther, and Anduin would try to work together with Calia on helping more Forsaken become Lightforged. I'd most like to see maybe Uther even become a Lightforged Forsaken throughout all of this, but that's probably a little on the zany side.

Arthas
    King Arthas
    DK Arthas
    Arthas Menethil, son of Terenas.
    and some guy named Arthas
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Alleria for a final reunion with her sister and to continue the Void vs. Death plot started in Three Sisters.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Arthas
    King Arthas
    DK Arthas
    You forgot Matthias Lehner.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Vol'jin due to his entire role in BfA being a Shadowlands foreshadowing. He'll probably become a full Loa by the end of that expansion, especially considering Bwonsamdi is getting his own dedicated dungeon and story thread.
    Vol'jin becoming the 'new' Loa of Kings would be good, but I'd just be afraid they'd kill Bwonsamdi off of something. Or Talanji makes a deal with him that he has to undo his pact binding her bloodline to him
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Vol'jin becoming the 'new' Loa of Kings would be good, but I'd just be afraid they'd kill Bwonsamdi off of something. Or Talanji makes a deal with him that he has to undo his pact binding her bloodline to him
    I could incredibly easily see Bwonsamdi betray Talanji and everybody by making a deal with The Jailer to instead empower him. Actually we still don't know who his boss is, so its possible that it IS him. With what we know about The Shadowlands now the only other person that could realistically be Bwonsamdi's boss is maybe Dentharius (of the Venthyr) or whomever leads the Necrolords.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobman View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know in SL only Tyrande and Sylvanas are confirmed as some bigger story figures.
    Who else will show up? What would You like to see from our current roster of leaders/main characters to show up in Shadowlands and what part You think they gonna play?
    Honestly I don't see a lot of the current main characters being utilized unless it's with a lot of back and forth. Mainly because only the PC characters are suppose to be there technically due to circumstances, which I believe they said is our bond with the Heart of Azeroth. So we are able to walk both the planes of the living and the dead whereas characters like Baine and Anduin wouldn't have this ability. Anything we do for them would have to be outside Shadowlands. Sylvanas is able to because of other unknown reasons atm, very likely Jailer related. I don't see how Tyrande is involved unless she is able to go to the Shadowlands through Elune or something else.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    I could incredibly easily see Bwonsamdi betray Talanji and everybody by making a deal with The Jailer to instead empower him. Actually we still don't know who his boss is, so its possible that it IS him. With what we know about The Shadowlands now the only other person that could realistically be Bwonsamdi's boss is maybe Dentharius (of the Venthyr) or whomever leads the Necrolords.
    I have a feeling about the Jailer being his boss too. It could also be Mueh'zala, but he doesn't really seem like that much of an important character. Blizzard might throw us a curveball and make it an entirely new character, assuming it's not the Jailer

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I have a feeling about the Jailer being his boss too. It could also be Mueh'zala, but he doesn't really seem like that much of an important character. Blizzard might throw us a curveball and make it an entirely new character, assuming it's not the Jailer
    Maybe Jailor = Mueh'zala? Maybe that's the name Trolls give him (her?).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin and Alleria will probably play big roles. I think Blizz said Arthas and Kael'thas will both be there, so they may play big roles but I think it will just be covenant or maw specific. The arbiter will probably grow into a major character by the end. Bwonsamdi will probably play a role, I could see him being a boss in the first or second raid, but I doubt he makes it to the end.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Maybe Jailor = Mueh'zala? Maybe that's the name Trolls give him (her?).
    Nah, Blizzard said the Jailer is a new character entirely

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    Bwonsamdi will probably play a role, I could see him being a boss in the first or second raid, but I doubt he makes it to the end.
    I really really hope Bwonsamdi isn't going to die this expansion. Besides, they already mentioned something about a 'troll Afterlife figure' and his process
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2019-12-22 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Arthas
    King Arthas
    DK Arthas

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess for characters important throughout the expansion: Bolvar, Sylvanas, Tyrande

Characters important to specific zones but perhaps not much beyond that: Uther, Kael'thas, Draka, any other dead heroes that show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    You forgot Matthias Lehner.
    Oh yeah and I forgot Lindsey Ravensun
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

If we don't see Arthas in some form I'm going to be very sad, especially with Uther coming back into the story.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobman View Post
    Voljin, tyrande, syvlanas, bolvar.
    they also confirmed people will be there like uther and kaelthas, but we will see if they are just there as passive npcs, or major npcs. they may right out be like "oh hello, yeah this is how im doing, i did this and that here, well i hope you join our faction, you were quite powerful."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    If we don't see Arthas in some form I'm going to be very sad, especially with Uther coming back into the story.
    Hes gunna be in the maw for sure.
    he has to be in the maw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    I... What?

O.T: I expect to see Bwonsandi, Vol'jin, at least in the Other Side Dungeon, and i also expect to see Helya and Odyn in some form

Orcus the Kingslayer and Mankrik's wife.