Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Shit, Blizzard better watch out or that up-and-coming game from Blizzard will steal Blizzard's profits. How will Blizzard survive? Can you imagine how many subs Blizzard's WoW is losing to Blizzard's WoW?

Blizzard.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    I wonder why.

I wonder why people don't want to buy re-hashed garbage expansions...it's a real mystery to me.
    Whether this is leak is true or not... classic is the epitomy of a rehash.... (I still played it a bit, but just saying...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Aha, thought I smelt something rotten.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    That's not the point. The point is that the game they made is garbage when a reashed 15 year old product warranted more attention and apparently success
    But it is sort of the point. The Classic team didn't need a single creative bone in their bodies. All they did was re-heat content that was designed 15 years ago. If someone is going to say that they should replace the Retail team, thats just nonsense, since the team has absolutely no people tasked with designing new content, its an entirely different skillset.

You can make the argument that BfA is bad for all sorts of arguments as much as you want, but saying that the Classic team is a better one is just nonsense, since they lack all the essential parts that would be required for a new expansion: Game Designers. Game Design on Classic concluded 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RenDefiance View Post
    Whether this is leak is true or not... classic is the epitomy of a rehash.... (I still played it a bit, but just saying...)
    Yeah, lol. There are many things that could be said about retail and previous expansions, but that is literally the strangest thing I've seen yet. Like, "damn these similar expansions. I don't want similar things. I want the EXACT SAME thing for 15 years."
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    I dont believe a single word you've written... you've cobbled together a bunch of garbage that has already been disproven, coated it liberally with lies, then added a dash of insincerity to top it off.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Yeah Classic team replace retail team, its like people building cars should be worried becouse i can repair my own car if something breaks.

Some easy facts, retail team is like 4 to 5 times as big if not bigger then the team that adjusted the code for Classic to work on modern client, so just becouse of the size diffrence there is no chance the classic team could replace retail team.

Would also be cool to see how the classic team would solve not having a art team.

Youtube is not a source for anything ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The "Classic" Team is mostly made up by devs put on recreating things, not creating new stuff.
    So the issue at hand aren't necessarily the people but the design philosophy that are being applied.
    I guess if you give Ion free reign, he'd be the first to design an expansion in spirit of classic.

Though the only thing in that regard which should "frighten" the retail team is Activision, because they might ask why recreating an old game brings in so many subs while a dev team with an headcount of 60+ needs more and more MTX to generate revenue.
    you do realize that ion is the one who designed this game to hell right, he's the reason this game is garbage because he has no fucking clue what made this game great as he started to take over in 2010-2011 and it's been going downhill since then....

i mean wake the fuck up lol
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

Honestly, unless you are seriously raiding/mythic dungeoneering the game is simply a collection game. You collect transmogs, toys, mounts, pets etc. To be another game all they would have to do is reskin everything and rename the game. That is why it is boring. There is no real gameplay on offer, and most of the adults with real jobs cannot or do not have the time to raid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Classic bois so scared of 8.3, that they have to invent "leaks" now?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

If you really wanted to put a nail in the retail coffin (which already has far fewer nails than classic fanboys would try to make you believe) you'd advise them to make another raid like MC.

And really? A small team that recoded classic wow are going to replace the content creators for retail? What are they gonna do, recode some more old content into new retail content?

Classic behaved exactly the same as every retail xpac has behaved: surge of players trying it out/coming back for it, that slowly dwindles back down to stable numbers that probably get lower and lower each xpac. Yeah maybe it surged a bit higher than the last few retail expansions, but it is the same pattern so I don't know why people are so blown away by it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamas View Post
    Honestly, unless you are seriously raiding/mythic dungeoneering the game is simply a collection game. There is no real gameplay on offer
    So you are saying normal/heroic raiding and moderate levels of mythic + is "no real gameplay"? Plus arenas? What do you consider gameplay?

and most of the adults with real jobs cannot or do not have the time to raid.
    WoW retail has the best structure for people with little time than it has at any point. I have a "real" job, as you call them, and with retail's systems can find time to knock out a m+ or two each week, plus at least a handful of bosses in heroic difficulty raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Classic bois so scared of 8.3, that they have to invent "leaks" now?
    Seriously though, why are so many classic and retail posts about how the other is "bad" and "dying"? Can't we accept that they are both following the same rollercoaster pattern whenever content is released, and will likely both keep going steadily down unless something huge changes (like big enough to not even consider it WoW any more)?

Do people still listen to this fat fucking retard?`Also, didn't he swear off on WoW? Why come back to something you hate, channel views were low? Fuck this obese mongoloid fucktard.

as long as blizzard never decides to return to the garbage game that classic was im fine

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Though the only thing in that regard which should "frighten" the retail team is Activision, because they might ask why recreating an old game brings in so many subs while a dev team with an headcount of 60+ needs more and more MTX to generate revenue.
    Hit the nail square on the head here. The Retail team's worries don't lie with the Classic team; they lie with the shareholders who will have no choice but to question the design direction and MTX revenue model and they're already plenty froggy fom when Bungie divorced themselves from Activision and took Destiny 2 with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

At some point it is just irrelevant what information is leaked to guys like HvB, with enough buzzwords it's easy to turn any information into confirmation of some sort of bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Once Classic has been out for a year we'll have a better idea of where it stands. Also, does anyone else find it just a tad strange that a game from 2004 won a 2019 award? They didn't even polish or remaster it.
    Prediction: When the next quarterly results comes out, MAUs will be down significantly compared to the last results released. Classic fanbois will claim it is Retail dying even harder.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    It's pretty annoying that you can just review a post history and know that someone is baiting, but cannot point it out without being infractioned. It is what it is though.
    That's when you know it is an alt account of a mod.

There is a ublock script to block posts from low count posters, unfortunately you can still see the thread.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

This is about a legit as Qanon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    Shit, Blizzard better watch out or that up-and-coming game from Blizzard will steal Blizzard's profits. How will Blizzard survive? Can you imagine how many subs Blizzard's WoW is losing to Blizzard's WoW?

Blizzard.
    This is amazing.

most of the adults with real jobs cannot or do not have the time to raid.
    Best way to tell if someone is a complete failure in life is outlandish claims like this.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.