10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    i did not catch that but it'll be the numero uno thing i'm looking for when i rewatch. very interesting. she has only done super good guy stuff that we've seen. maybe baby yoda can see her violent past.
    She did say that she's done things since Endor that would warrant a life sentence in multiple systems, definitely a lot of baggage to be detailed when the time comes.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    She did say that she's done things since Endor that would warrant a life sentence in multiple systems, definitely a lot of baggage to be detailed when the time comes.
    I honestly think that could just mean mercenary work, hunting down old Imperials under the New Republic. Stuff thats condoned during wartime but murder/vigilante justice during peacetime.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I honestly think that could just mean mercenary work, hunting down old Imperials under the New Republic. Stuff thats condoned during wartime but murder/vigilante justice during peacetime.
    but that would be like charging someone for hunting down War Criminals after WWII, lord knows a LOT of them went into hiding, charging their prosecutors would be asinine.

Also, the New Republic has no spine to begin with, since we know it abolishes its own military, we can assume the remaining senate is entirely inept in function; without people like Cara Dune hunting down imperials, they would have regrouped sooner rather than later under the First Order. Even if she was charged by the Republic, none of that holds water considering her targets, and Leia Organa would have sided with her during any trial she would have faced.

The only explanation is that there was more to it than just Imperial Hunting, otherwise the bounty placed on her head is a total wash and makes little sense, since Leia would have been charged for the same crime as well.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    but that would be like charging someone for hunting down War Criminals after WWII, lord knows a LOT of them went into hiding, charging their prosecutors would be asinine.

Also, the New Republic has no spine to begin with, since we know it abolishes its own military, we can assume the remaining senate is entirely inept in function; without people like Cara Dune hunting down imperials, they would have regrouped sooner rather than later under the First Order. Even if she was charged by the Republic, none of that holds water considering her targets, and Leia Organa would have sided with her during any trial she would have faced.

The only explanation is that there was more to it than just Imperial Hunting, otherwise the bounty placed on her head is a total wash and makes little sense, since Leia would have been charged for the same crime as well.
    One thing that almost every one forgets about both the empire and the nazi’s is that they weren't all war criminals. Both were made up of normal people who didn’t know all the details of all the evil there leadership was doing.

If she was just going off of a kill them all mind set then leia wouldn’t have backed her as she has stood against that kind of thing even during the ongoing war.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-12-20 at 06:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    One thing that almost every one forgets about both the empire and the nazi’s is that they weren't all war criminals. Both were made up of normal people who didn’t know all the details of all the evil there leadership was doing.

If she was just going off of a kill them all mind set then leia wouldn’t have backed her as she has stood against that kind of thing even during the ongoing war.
    And obviously I am not talking about all Nazi's, hence why I specifically mentioned war criminals...

But you're right, if she went killing Imperials left and right it would be problematic, but none of that has been detailed yet, so suppositioning that she's innocent when shes claimed otherwise is stretching it a bit much.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    And obviously I am not talking about all Nazi's, hence why I specifically mentioned war criminals...

But you're right, if she went killing Imperials left and right it would be problematic, but none of that has been detailed yet, so suppositioning that she's innocent when shes claimed otherwise is stretching it a bit much.
    Given how hostile she was to the shorty alien for being ex imp I’d guess she was killing them like it was going out of style. It’s likely to be fleshed out either in the show or some where else.

10+ Year Old Account

The New Republic adopted had terrible policy, I wouldnt call them inept. Most were ex-Senators or Rebellion leaders. Quite a few dating back to the Republic. They also maintained peace for 30 years.

The tolerance for violence in New Republic territory was low, even if you were killing ex-Imperials. Hell, a number of people who fought for the Rebellion, especially leadership, were Imperials who happened to get out. Vigilance justice would be looked down on.

We're speculating though. We're not sure what Caras crimes are.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is my life

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELp_U_UUYAAD9SY.jpg

without episode 8

- - - Updated - - -

For season 2, the show needs to bring in top class bounty hunters, as those in star wars clone wars & rebels.

I'm talking about the caliber that gives Jedi a hard time, characters like Cad Bane, Embo, Rukh.

What they have in common is they are very intelligent, strategic, think on the fly, agile af, have advanced tools n weaponry we currently don't see, everyone but Mando have simple blasters..no special equipment..

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-12-21 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    For season 2, the show needs to bring in top class bounty hunters, as those in star wars clone wars & rebels.

I'm talking about the caliber that gives Jedi a hard time, characters like Cad Bane, Embo, Rukh.

What they have in common is they are very intelligent, strategic, think on the fly, agile af, have advanced tools n weaponry we currently don't see, everyone but Mando have simple blasters..no special equipment..
    The problem is that old Star Wars is too cool for Disney. They've been desperately trying their hardest to prove that they can stand on their own, and failing miserably. It's why they're bringing back Clone Wars at all; it's a saving throw.

There is also a tonal difference between Clone Wars and The Mandalorian. The Mandalorian is really grounded; no one really backflips or dodges bullets. In the Clone Wars, everyone had superhuman reflexes. Cad Bane was able to jump down fifty foot drops and keep on going, spin around in mid air and shoot with perfect accuracy, dodge blaster bolts reflected by lightsabers, dive through a jedi's legs and kick them up five feet into the air, casually backflip, etc. He's basically operating by anime/cartoon rule of cool. He's already kind of a mary sue in Clone Wars, outwitting and beating up character (including Count Dooku!) at every turn. If you brought him into the Mandalorian, he'd have to be restricted the realistic style of the show, which would eliminate his aura of invincibility. Better to leave such characters to the Clone Wars show.

Besides, the Mandalorian takes place 32 years after The Clone Wars. Cad looked middle aged. He should either be dead or retired by the Mandalorian.

5+ Year Old Account
    They could do a lot of things they did, maybe not all, but those were elite dudes.

Still, the point is there can be bounty hunters helluva lot better than we have seen so far in the show, the ones in season one were just the locals in the local parsec

"You are the best bounty-hunter in the parsec, Mando"

One parsec is like 3-4 light-years, Earth's closest neighboring solar system alpha centauri is a little over that. So, it's not much, imps probably just hired all the locals but would bring in the big guns if Mando kept hiding.

Our galaxy has at least 100 billion star systems, maybe 400-700..hmmm...realistically the empire wouldn't be able to control a galaxy, even with a death star, since it would be too many opposed n take too long to get around to them all n they could always wave the white flag if it gets close, it could take forever for it to get to ones system. Empire would need lots of death stars...ah, I'm getting off-track here now..

Rise of skywalker spoiler: the final fleet in rise of skywalker would be better suited than a single beach ball of mass destruction, doesn't change that is a stupid put together movie n why would they want to be submerged...what were the stormtroopers doing all this time? Watching out the windows at space fishies?

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-12-21 at 09:06 PM.

Rise of skywalker spoiler: the final fleet in rise of skywalker would be better suited than a single beach ball of mass destruction, doesn't change that is a stupid put together movie n why would they want to be submerged...what were the stormtroopers doing all this time? Watching out the windows at space fishies?
    do people honestly think that there wasn't a whole ship yard buried under that ice sheet? i get it, a bunch of flat ice typically means frozen lake on earth...but this is a story about space wizards and light speed. use that imagination of yours.

that entire fleet and base was Sith witchcraft.

back to Mando...does anyone think we'll see Sabine in the show? she would probably be in her early 50s, so maybe find a nice milfy to fill the role?
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

back to Mando...does anyone think we'll see Sabine in the show? she would probably be in her early 50s, so maybe find a nice milfy to fill the role?
    Why 7 years after RotJ would Sabine be 50? I don't think she would even be 30.

Correction: She was born 21 years BBY, 11 post ABY (at most, some sources have 9) means she would be 31 to 32 years old during Mandolorian at most.

Where did you get 50?
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2019-12-22 at 11:49 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    do people honestly think that there wasn't a whole ship yard buried under that ice sheet? i get it, a bunch of flat ice typically means frozen lake on earth...but this is a story about space wizards and light speed. use that imagination of yours.

that entire fleet and base was Sith witchcraft.

Sabine should be around Mandos age. Early, maybe mid 40s. Maybe not even because she was younger than Ashoka. Anakin would be 50 if has still around.

So i take that back, Ashoka would be Mandos age. Sabine would be a few years younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Why 7 years after RotJ would Sabine be 50? I don't think she would even be 30.

Correction: She was born 21 years BBY, 11 post ABY means she would be 31 to 32 years old during Mandolorian at most.

Where did you get 50?
    yeah sorry you're right, i did the 6-7 time jump in my head instead of the 4-6. and i like hot 50 year olds.

so what you guys are saying is that bish will be in this show at some point. Filoni loves to bring in characters from his other shows (hando)
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2019-12-22 at 11:51 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    yeah sorry you're right, i did the 6-7 time jump in my head instead of the 4-6. and i like hot 50 year olds.

so what you guys are saying is that bish will be in this show at some point. Filoni loves to bring in characters from his other shows (hando)
    It would be cool, but then we have to deal with Ezra somehow. I want an Ezra & Thrawn adventure in the unknown regions.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It would be cool, but then we have to deal with Ezra somehow. I want an Ezra & Thrawn adventure in the unknown regions.
    yeah i think there is a big reason why we don't hear ezra in that scene in RoS. maybe something with thrawn, or maybe he trains baby yoda in the force

5+ Year Old Account

U mean Hondo? Love that rogue, very funny, but don't fit a gritty show...

This show keeps getting better and better. It's great because it shows the various aspects of the Star Wars universe, ties in characters with different backgrounds, while mixing it up with badass action and cliffhangers.

I was extremely skeptic before the show started, expecting even the Mandalorian theme to be washed out by the flaws of Disney's Star Wars movies, but I'm glad it turned out to be completely different. Excited for the season finale.

7+ Year Old Account
    My hope is disney(?) see the success of the series and if they want to do another movie, to be like this

And my fear is they ruining the show with their hand, i dunno to prove something
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-12-23 at 08:22 AM.

U mean Hondo? Love that rogue, very funny, but don't fit a gritty show...
    hondo from clone wars was much "tougher" and more pirate-y than in Rebels. i'm not saying Hondo should show up in Mando, but Filoni does like to cross characters over.

i'm betting we see Sabine at some point