Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Blame the honor system, not the BG or the players. People chasing ranks, and fast AVs is the only way to do it. Why would I spend 1h in a bg where after so many kills the 40 players I encounter give 0 honor and all the leutenants and commanders are dead when I can get 2.5k honor from leutenants/commanders every 10 minute game we lose? The honor system is designed in such a way that it incentivizes fast, efficient games. The result is irrelevant after the game lasts 20 minutes because anything longer than that is typically a stalemate and bad for ranking.

The main problem with Av is that premades are queueing them with 20-30 people on alliance cause its the best way to farm honor. Its basically ranking in the dumbest most low skill way possible, so rather than having premades compete in WSG you get these one-sided stomps, and smaller alliance premades trying to keep up with the top rankers with slightly less success but all the competitiveness and the toxicity that comes along with it. The best fix would be to break sync'ed queueing or just nerf AV honor altogether so its not the premier farm spot. You'll get games for fun rather than these zergs cause the honor farmers will move to WSG. Makes titles slightly more deserved as well, the current meta is absolutely retard proof since horde cannot queue premade.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No changes!
    The creed of the dumbest gamers in history. In any case, only being able to pug AV is in line with the original design.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Pretty much all of the problems with Classic are due to the players bringing modern ideas/gameplay to a game that wasn't allowed to become modern. Blame all the #NoChanges people who shouted down any and all ideas to keep the feel of the game without keeping it obsolete.
    That's because they wanted to make it actually like it was back in 2006. Blame the rose colored glasses people for expecting the game to be something it isn't. I've heard so many people lauding the stuff that we fucking hated back then. It's actually hilarious.

I have low expectations for AV. It' not even recognise by the PvP community as an adequate representation of skill, it's at the absolute bottom with chaotic random WPvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Blame the honor system, not the BG or the players. People chasing ranks, and fast AVs is the only way to do it. Why would I spend 1h in a bg where after so many kills the 40 players I encounter give 0 honor and all the leutenants and commanders are dead when I can get 2.5k honor from leutenants/commanders every 10 minute game we lose? The honor system is designed in such a way that it incentivizes fast, efficient games. The result is irrelevant after the game lasts 20 minutes because anything longer than that is typically a stalemate and bad for ranking.
    Only you can answer that question, people have different goals, my goal is to win the BG we are in now at this moment, don't care if it takes 24hrs.

If there's a 'best' way to farm AV, best believe there will be groups seeking to push that. It's no different than raiding or doing 5 mans. It's just when you build a 5 man for the most efficient clear, only them 5 will experience it and will love it.

But just cause AV is 40v40, doesn't mean you won't get the same mind-sight. But there's 80 eyes on this instance versus that 5 man run. I get it, but it's also something you have to accept. You choose to ignore the 5man/raid formations of people wanting the 'perfect' 'most efficient' run.

Had an hour long AV yesterday. Decided to hold the field of strife. All of the "hardcore" tankers immediately faked out and it was just a bunch of chill ppl left. A lot of pvp. Summoned Ivus. Wiped their summoners. Capped all the towers and back capped ours. Pushed to drek and eventually won. Could've been abt 6-8 wins in that time but it was hella fun and we still got 1800ish rep

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Seriously, people aren't even capping anything. It's 5 minute games.
    this youtuber warned about blizzard using the version 1.12 of alterac valley battleground 9 months ago. alot of van wow streamers, should have spoke up more. ironically they seem surprised?

Classic WoW Update - Alterac Valley PvP Information is Here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74OtsKeHum0
    Last edited by pinkz; 2019-12-20 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    this youtuber warned about blizzard using the version 1.12 of alterac valley battleground 9 months ago. alot of van wow streamers, should have spoke up more. ironically they seem surprised?

Classic WoW Update - Alterac Valley PvP Information is Here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74OtsKeHum0
    We did speak up, but blizzard never asked opinions or cared about them, and the ADD folks clapped and cheered because they couldn't imagine a world where a bg lasted more than ten minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

certain streamers have channels with blizzard...or apparent blizzard watches those certain streamers. evident when the same supposed van wow "no changes" streamers started having issues with lack of content.

- diremaul dungeon got released early.
    - phase 2 was released early
    - they asked for a speed up on BG release

diremaul was not the cash cow or negated MC gear as they claimed. phase 2 early was a big mistake since many servers had 3-5X pop compared to van wow servers which now a key top streamer admits changes the "no changes". classic wow beta when they did AV, most did not take it serious, yet amazed when a game went 13 minutes, but i think they had 50's doing AV

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of this thread? It's designed exactly as back in the day. The way people play, the basica mentality (and 15 years of AVs) has changed how it's played.

Are you suggesting Blizzard try to force in new solutions to make it like back in the day? How? Why? And that would conflict with #nochanges.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    What's the point of this thread? It's designed exactly as back in the day. The way people play, the basica mentality (and 15 years of AVs) has changed how it's played.
    The point is, AV is in itself a gray area when it comes to this.
    AV underwent heavy changes during Vanilla already, the rush meta we are seeing today is pretty much the same back in 1.12, because the changes to the BG during Vanilla made it possible.
    They're slightly more optimised nowadays but the general direction both sides ignoring each other and just going for max honor was also a thing post 1.12.

If Blizzard had rolled out a previous version of AV, where a lot more Npc's are present, this Rush meta would fall apart because you couldn't just gather 4+ Lieutenants at a certain spot and kill them off, you'd have a buttload of relatively powerful npc's on your ass.

I said this multiple times in thread, this is not a "the community found a loophole and now exploits it" situation, this is how 1.12 AV was played back in 2006, it's just not that version of AV when most people think of "Vanilla AV".

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Isn't it exactly what Alterac Valley was in 1.12? If so the players are ruining it not blizzard.
    Yeah, 1.12 is the shitty Insane Honor/h version of AV. It's why Private servers generally didnt use that version

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Remember when people pointed stuff like this out continuously, before release, and were then told “to back to Retail! You have no idea what you are talking about!” Pepperidge Farms remembers.
    No, I don't remember that honestly. I remember people wanting to change shit to be more like Retail getting told to go back to retail, dont remember anyone suggesting putting Pre 1.10 AV in the game instead of post 1.10 AV, and being told to go back to retail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    People are expecting players today to play like they did 15yrs ago xD the game is packed full of "meta" and try hards, of course bgs aren't going to be played the same way. Don't blame blizzard for giving you what you want, blame yourselves for creating the environment and mentality that festers classic.
    People keep thinking that all the differences is due to players getting better and more efficient, yet it's mostly because the game is a freaking amalgamation of different versions of Vanilla. and when people like Kungen try to point out that sure, Raggy ain't no Mythic Jaina, but this is still extremely nerfed content with 1.12 talents and Gear, and the raggy nerf already in the game. Most classes are performing well above Twice as well as they should for initial MC with 16 Debuff slots instead of 8, being able to go into MC with over 4x the MAX amount of +healing they should be able to, since theres was barely any healing gear in the dungeons Pre Diremaul release. same goes for a lot of warrior gear, as well as people finding bugs and exploits, that may or may not have existed back in the day, such as your Main Hand Hit chance applying to your Off-hand while you have Heroic strike or Cleave queued up, or being able to spam a Macro that makes your next "Extra weapon swing" procc twice regardless if its from a Trinket, or a Talent. as well as Extra weapon swing proccs, proccing a Main hand swing, even if it's your off-hand (Thrash blade, Flurry Axe).

But no, I'm sure none of this plays into the equation, and it's just that the zoomers are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    I, too, hate super quick rep gains and the ability to get exalted quickly.
    Yes and after you gained that rep there is no more game to play,...
    Totally worth it. /sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Of course it'd be a disappointment. Classic AV was destroyed before BC was released, so this is what we get.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Just had a game where both groups wiped, it turned into a normal AV. More than half the alliance raid AFKd out.
    So it isn't Blizzard, is the players playing the game ruining your AV experience?

Got it.

Nice bait thread. I really wish the fake/false advertising of these threads would get the OP infracted. Such a bullshit waste of time to purposely lie about something, just to try and get a reaction out of the community. Only a small minority of folks want 20 hour AV matches, the other folks want 5 min games to grind rep/xp/ap/whateverelse to grind.

Stop fucking crying, you got what you asked for. Blame your fellow players for being assholes, this has NOTHING to do with Blizzard. Other than them enabling you dipshits.

You mean the players of today know how to avoid the slugfests of yesteryear, understand the objectives, and don't let nostalgia get in the way?

Truly shocked. Shocked, I say.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    So it isn't Blizzard, is the players playing the game ruining your AV experience?

Got it.

Nice bait thread. I really wish the fake/false advertising of these threads would get the OP infracted. Such a bullshit waste of time to purposely lie about something, just to try and get a reaction out of the community. Only a small minority of folks want 20 hour AV matches, the other folks want 5 min games to grind rep/xp/ap/whateverelse to grind.

Stop fucking crying, you got what you asked for. Blame your fellow players for being assholes, this has NOTHING to do with Blizzard. Other than them enabling you dipshits.
    Bait thread? This is exactly how AV was the first day. It was a boring zerg where large chunks of the alliance would either AFK out or just afk in the BG and wait for it to be over if the initial zerg got interrupted. Is it partly the playerbase being shitty? Of course. Is AV a boring zerg fest? Yes, it is. There is no lie in my post and just because i don't think classic AV shits rainbows doesn't mean my post is a bait thread and deserves to be infracted.

Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    Source: bIg BraIn.

It wouldn't have made a difference, Korrak can be avoided like every other NPC. Stop this bullshitting, it's annoying.

Nothing in Vanilla was ever difficult, people sucked at the game.

No one said anything about it being difficult. The map was designed with npcs in the way that forced players to stop at certain points, because they couldn't get through without doing something else.

Korrak is just one example.

Land Mines in the horde base launched alliance players back out of the base, if they even survived. You needed rogues to go and disarm them. But I doubt you even know that existed. AV was designed to be a tug of war, and slowly got neutered for convenience of token turn-ins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?