The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    To be fair

Covfefe is one of his lesser mistakes, it seems almost vindictive to mock that part

Anyone can typo sometimes by hitting close kets or getting the wrong odrer

People are basically mocking him for being human
    And to pull the Uno Reverse card and say 'To be fair' myself:

People aren't so much mocking the typo, as they're mocking how he double downed on it rather then admit it was a typo. Because that's just the kinda guy he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only the most mild of exaggeration from The Onion https://politics.theonion.com/promin...ump-1840559882
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I've said it before, but I really hope he stays in the White House phantom of the opera style.
    I'm going to run for President in the 2030s just so I can order his Presidential portrait put next to the urinal in sub-basement 7R, that hasn't been regularly used since 1957.

It's going to be legitimately my only reason for running.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSkull View Post
    Trump is the Golden Calf personified...
    The Orange Warthog.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    To be fair

Covfefe is one of his lesser mistakes, it seems almost vindictive to mock that part

Anyone can typo sometimes by hitting close kets or getting the wrong odrer

People are basically mocking him for being human
    He deserves it for going "I know more about technology than anyone" and going on and on how he's the smartest ever, so yes when even a slight mistake happens you make fun of the person who says he can do no wrong and make no mistake. Also, those letters don't come close to even any other word. Like when someone types "zomg" you see they tried to hit the shift button to capitalize, but with "covfefe" you can't tell what the hell he was trying. Mostly it's the making fun of him when he thinks his shit doesn't stink and is the most amazing mortal ever.

Would it be silly to make fun of it for so long to others? Yes, but usually it becomes an in joke to others that experienced it. Hell, I still make fun of my friend for saying "I don't normally put meat in my spaghetti, only meatballs." These minor things are okay to make fun of, but the are especially okay to make fun of when it comes to those like Trump, just to take them down a peg, and he definitely deserves it.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I'm going to run for President in the 2030s just so I can order his Presidential portrait put next to the urinal in sub-basement 7R, that hasn't been regularly used since 1957.

It's going to be legitimately my only reason for running.

- - - Updated - - -

The Orange Warthog.
    President Skroe, it seems we found a yellow/orange portrait near the urinal in sub-basement 7R, what shall we do with it? Seems people are peeing on it... Wait, is that the Orange Warthog? Thought he was more orange then yellow... ... waittttttttttt a minute! is that pee I smell?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    A rare apology from a Republican:

https://twitter.com/SarahHuckabee/st...75807806406662 "I actually didn’t know that about you and that is commendable. I apologize and should have made my point respectfully."

In response to this: https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1207868810247757824 "I’ve worked my whole life to overcome a stutter. And it’s my great honor to mentor kids who have experienced the same. It’s called empathy. Look it up."

In response to a now-deleted tweet of hers that went, "I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I hhhave absolutely no idea what Biden is talking about."

I'm curious how she could have respectfully made fun of his speech patterns, but hey, baby steps.
    Nah. Just shows what a smuck she continues to be when actually making fun of anybody with a handicap. The apology isn't real or sincere in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Nah. Just shows what a smuck she continues to be when actually making fun of anybody with a handicap. The apology isn't real or sincere in the slightest.
    No argument, there. Still, one is surprised it was made at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    While details of this "present" NK plans to send Trump are still as hidden as the "perfect" phone call, Trump's taxes or Infrastructure Week's director's cut, NK has made a drastic move: rather than merely saying talks are over, they've moved to outright threats.

Who knew Nobel Peace Prizes could be so complicated?

North Korea lashed back at the United States for taking issue with its human rights record on Saturday, saying Washington’s “malicious words” would only aggravate tensions on the Korean Peninsula, state news agency KCNA reported.

The KCNA statement, attributed to a foreign ministry spokesperson, warned that if the United States dared to take issue with the North’s system of government by citing human rights problems, it would “pay dearly”.

The United Nations General Assembly on Wednesday condemned North Korea’s “long-standing and ongoing” violations of human rights in an annual resolution sponsored by dozens of countries including the United States, that Pyongyang’s U.N. envoy rejected.

The North Korean Foreign Ministry statement is its first since U.S. special envoy for North Korea, Stephen Biegun, publicly urged Pyongyang on Monday to return to talks. There has been no direct response from North Korea to Biegun’s entreaty.

U.S. Defense Secretary Mark Esper said on Friday that he remains hopeful the United States can restart diplomacy with North Korea, as the clock ticks down to North Korea’s declared year-end deadline for new U.S. concessions in talks over its nuclear arsenal.

North Korea has repeatedly called for the United States to drop its “hostile policy” before more talks.
    "What's wrong with that? NK has done some horrible things. A lot of them, actually."

Yep. And, under pretty much any previous admin, that would be the end of that. Problem is, Trump said he'd get different results, even paying for those results ahead of time and not getting what NK contractually owes him. Not so funny when it happens to you, is it, fatass?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Isn't this the "publication" (Epoch Times, not NBC....) people keep using to support Trump, too? LMAO

The initial post was exactly who she is, a shitty person, but at least she put out an apology for it on a public platform. Whether sincere or not. Beats the silence or doubling down you'd usually see from anyone on the right, imo.

Though you'd think with all the shit people have flung at her, she'd know better and want to be better.
    I always ask myself that when people come here arguing "both sides do it!" or something like that. Being better doesn't seem to be anything they are interested in, or urge 'their' politicians to be. It's kind of sad, really.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Isn't this the "publication" (Epoch Times, not NBC....) people keep using to support Trump, too? LMAO
    Ever notice how the bitching and crying about bias is only one direction for them?

Reporter voted Dem = they are part of a deep state cover up hellbent on destroying Trump

But...

Hannity and the rest of FOX, Brietbart, Epoch, CSN, etc. voted for Trump = committed to the truth and never biased
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Ever notice how the bitching and crying about bias is only one direction for them?

Reporter voted Dem = they are part of a deep state cover up hellbent on destroying Trump

But...

Hannity and the rest of FOX, Brietbart, Epoch, CSN, etc. voted for Trump = committed to the truth and never biased
    It's amazing.

"The news has a liberal bias! Now please excuse me, Hannity is on right now."
    Putin khuliyo

So nobody saw this tweet where Trump looked for validation from Putin. Sorry for large image.

Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    So nobody saw this tweet where Trump looked for validation from Putin. Sorry for large image.

So many witches, the best witches, a lot of people are talking about it!

But not really even in his top ten crazy twotes.
    https://cheezburger.com/1341445/time...-unpresidented
    Last edited by Kujako; 2019-12-21 at 10:26 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Who the fuck is to blame for sanctions against europe for building a gaz pipeline from russia ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post
    Who the fuck is to blame for sanctions against europe for building a gaz pipeline from russia ?
    Sigh...Trump approves sanctions on Russia gas pipeline

President Donald Trump has signed a law that will impose sanctions on any firm that helps Russia's state-owned gas company, Gazprom, finish a pipeline into the European Union.

The sanctions target firms building Nord Stream 2, an undersea pipeline that will allow Russia to increase gas exports to Germany.

The US considers the project a security risk to Europe.

Both Russia and the EU have strongly condemned the US sanctions.

Congress voted through the measures as part of a defence bill last week and the legislation, which described the pipeline as a "tool of coercion", was signed off by Mr Trump on Friday.
    I expected this from most US lawmakers, because Russia becoming a closer and closer friend of EU is not in the US's political interest, and EU getting more and more Russian energy is not in the US's business interest either. It does feel a bit off for Trump to oppose something that helps Russia, but it could have been another "crying like a bitch" moment if he did not.

However, the US is rapidly losing friends. And I can't imagine Russia thought they paid for this when the bought Trump. I'm also not clear on how we're allowed to do this. Did the EU violate something? Like, did we say "hey, if you buy energy from Russia we'll sanction you" in some official issue or other, crying like a bitch or not? Just because the US doesn't like something doesn't really seem like grounds to impose economic sanctions because of it, there should be a reason (like "we said you can't buy Russian energy and you did it anyhow")

EDIT: Apparently Trump also took a swing at a Russia-Turkey pipeline. That I get, it's likely a backlash for all the genocide Trump said they could do. The EU one I don't understand the legal backing.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2019-12-22 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Sigh...Trump approves sanctions on Russia gas pipeline

I expected this from most US lawmakers, because Russia becoming a closer and closer friend of EU is not in the US's political interest, and EU getting more and more Russian energy is not in the US's business interest either. It does feel a bit off for Trump to oppose something that helps Russia, but it could have been another "crying like a bitch" moment if he did not.

However, the US is rapidly losing friends. And I can't imagine Russia thought they paid for this when the bought Trump. I'm also not clear on how we're allowed to do this. Did the EU violate something? Like, did we say "hey, if you buy energy from Russia we'll sanction you" in some official issue or other, crying like a bitch or not? Just because the US doesn't like something doesn't really seem like grounds to impose economic sanctions because of it, there should be a reason (like "we said you can't buy Russian energy and you did it anyhow")

EDIT: Apparently Trump also took a swing at a Russia-Turkey pipeline. That I get, it's likely a backlash for all the genocide Trump said they could do. The EU one I don't understand the legal backing.
    He did this to attempt to boost US natural gas sales and as a way to get European nations to pitch in more to NATO. You know, exactly what they agreed to under the Obama Administration that Trump is taking credit for. Just like this so call new China deal where they have agreed to buy more stuff that was already planned prior to the Dump taking office, that he once again has taken credit for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    He did this to attempt to boost US natural gas sales and as a way to get European nations to pitch in more to NATO.
    The first is not a compelling reason to apply sanctions.

The second sounds closer to a valid reason, but I still want to know what agreement we had with EU that they violated with this pipeline...which has been in the works for a while and apparently just now is worth sanctions.

And the bad news continues to mount.

First, according to documents from the phone call so perfect it took an FOIA lawsuit to make them public, Team Trump once again spells out that the hold on Ukraine funds came from on high.

"Strangely" enough, the newly-released emails contain the question to Duffey (senior WH official) "Why are we withholding aid?" and the answer to that question was redacted by Team Trump. So even after being successfully sued to reveal the info, it's still being hidden. Because "most transparent administration ever" is terrified of the truth coming out.

Second, not only did Trump sign the $1.4 trillion budget ending fears of a second Trump Shutdown, but he also signed $400 billion in new tax cuts. Trump signed the budget while on the way to his golf course.

Thirdly, while the stock market did well this year -- almost enough to make him on par for his three-year tenure with Obama, he's still behind -- there are already indicators that 2020 will not be, um, stellar.

However, investors who are hoping the rally will continue charging ahead through next year may be disappointed. The S&P 500 has returned an average of 6.6% in the year following a rally of 20% or more since 1928, slightly below the 7.6% return in all years, according to research from Bespoke Investment Group.

Fund managers and strategists say there are several reasons to believe that the stock market will not continue on a path of notching double-digit annual returns like it did during the late ‘90s tech bubble.

The S&P 500 posted its biggest drop since the 2008 financial crisis last year as investors worried that the trade war between the United States and China would push the global economy into a recession. The Federal Reserve’s decision to change course in early January from its path of raising interest rates helped fuel the rally in the stock market this year.

The Fed also helped spark a bond rally that pushed 10-year Treasury yields near historic lows and boosted dividend-paying stocks, further pointing to concerns about the strength of the U.S. economy, said Liz Ann Sonders, chief investment strategist at Charles Schwab.
    For those of you paying attention, +7.6% next year would, yes, leave Trump behind Obama.

For more information, this Fortune article from last month spells out how one good year does not recover from, well, we have an entire thread on what happened in 2018, don't we?

IMO we should let Trump brag about the stock market all he wants as if record highs actually meant anything.

The economy was doing well at the end of Obama's term, but economic issues was still a major player in the 2016 election because the stock market means very little to working class America.

Let Trump continue to brag about the economy being the best ever while the working and middle classes continue to struggle with wage stagnation, underemployment, living paycheck to paycheck, and other issues that Trump has done nothing at all to address.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post
    Germany is to blame for that

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Here's a top GOP/Trump adviser saying they "typically rely on voter suppression" to win elections.

I guess we're seeing everything we knew about the GOP confirmed in this presidential election cycle (2016-2020). Some of the worst people on earth populate the highest echelons of the GOP, and everyone now knows it, and continues to back the party of racism, hate, and anti-democracy.