Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Discovery Suggests Plants Scream in Pain!

What will vegans eat now?! MWA HA HA HA! What do you have to say for yourselves now?!

7+ Year Old Account
    Great, now what the hell am I going to be able to eat guilt free. Fuck

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Great, now what the hell am I going to be able to eat guilt free. Fuck
    Do you smoke too?

- - - Updated - - -

Do we throw pesto at vegans instead of cows' blood?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    The funny part is that we've known that plants experience some form of pain based on chemicals released when they are injured.

At some point we are going to have to acknowledge that we currently take life to maintain our lives. I'm personally hopeful for cultured meat. Not sure what the Vegans are going to do once they accept that they are also taking life to sustain themselves...I've not heard of any cultured plant cell technology being developed.

So when I water my plant does he scream in pain when i cut his yellowing leaves
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    So when I water my plant does he scream in pain when i cut his yellowing leaves
    When a doctor cuts off a necrotic body part from an animal or a human they still use anesthetic so they don't feel pain.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    At some point we are going to have to acknowledge that we currently take life to maintain our lives.
    And every animal in nature does that, no matter if they eat plants or other animals. There is nothing wrong with that, not for plants and not for meat, as long as its done responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    And every animal in nature does that, no matter if they eat plants or other animals. There is nothing wrong with that, not for plants and not for meat, as long as its done responsibly.
    normal people think that way. Vegans are the ones pointing fingers at people eating meat.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

They aren't screaming in pain it is a release of chemicals. They have no central nervous system, they have no way to process pain without that.

The real question is, why are so many of you so fucking butthurt over vegans? Why do people who want to do the least amount of harm possible, considered so terrible by you guys? Its that such a terrible goal?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Are u okay?

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone is pointing the finger lol, industrialized agriculture is fucking a lot of shit up. I think everyone should have thought about their level of meat consumption like 20 years ago. Oh well the amazon was a garbage rainforest anyway
    What does the amazon rainforest have to do with that? That is just the Brazilian government wanting more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Because it makes people causing harm look bad.

- - - Updated - - -

And they make money by supplying the insatiable demand for beef of overseas markets. It isnt "just" one factor at play here. Without the demand for beef the land wouldn't be being cleared to (predominantly) raise beef
    The land would be cleared for soy beans or something if it wasn't cattle. The decision to clear the land isnt dependent on people that eat meat wanting to eat. There's plenty of land around the world that is available for grazing and cattle ranches.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    The land would be cleared for soy beans or something if it wasn't cattle. The decision to clear the land isnt dependent on people that eat meat wanting to eat. There's plenty of land around the world that is available for grazing and cattle ranches.
    Not really.

Livestock, especially cattle require more land to graze or to grow food for than it does to grow food for people.

The average cow eats about 24lbs a day and will eat about 17,000lbs of food before they are slaughtered and only produce about 500lbs of meat.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    They aren't screaming in pain it is a release of chemicals. They have no central nervous system, they have no way to process pain without that.

The real question is, why are so many of you so fucking butthurt over vegans? Why do people who want to do the least amount of harm possible, considered so terrible by you guys? Its that such a terrible goal?
    Because they get on your case about everything from food to lifestyle to fur.

Are people really this stupid? By a few of the reply's here it looks like the answer is actually yes.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-12-21 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Minor Flamming

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    First of all, no they don't. I doubt you've encountered many vegans at all.

Secondly, most encounters go like this:

Meateater: Want some of this bacon/burger/steak/pork chop/cheese/etc.
    Vegan: No thank you.
    Meateater: C'mon its delicious.
    Vegan: No thank you, i'm vegan.
    Meateater: I could never do that. Why would you be vegan.
    Vegan: <States beliefs>
    Meateater: Quit shoving your beliefs down my throat!!!!!

Every single time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take that vegans! :P

How long before we'll be licking stones?

I think meat eaters know - deep down below the surface - that eating animals is wrong, but they mask these feelings by dissing vegans to feel better about themselves. How do I know this? Just ask any meat eater if they would consider an alien species coming to Earth and starting to eat humans wrong or not. The truth hurts!

10+ Year Old Account
    In before we have Waterians or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    I think meat eaters know - deep down below the surface - that eating animals is wrong, but they mask these feelings by dissing vegans to feel better about themselves. How do I know this? Just ask any meat eater if they would consider an alien species coming to Earth and starting to eat humans wrong or not. The truth hurts!
    Hahaha lol. Nice comparison, good science, haha.

Anyway. They don’t feel pain, the researchers even said that, because they don’t want people like the OP to use their research in this way. They make a sound, which we can’t hear, but it’s nothing like screaming in pain.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    If you factor out facebook vegans and the few loud radicals, you'll find that most are normal sensible people.

And honestly, meat eaters are for the most part no better.