Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    LOL how the fuck are my comments not read as a joke? Seriously. Fucking people, I swear.
    Honestly, the one i commented? because it's a reply to someone who advocates veganism.
    It's not exactly uncommon for a lot of people to go straight to rhetorics like that as mockery, which is why it can easily be interpreted as that instead of a genuine joke.

If it were made like the one you did on the 2nd. page, there'd be nothing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    Honestly, the one i commented? because it's a reply to someone who advocates veganism.
    It's not exactly uncommon for a lot of people to go straight to rhetorics like that as mockery, which is why it can easily be interpreted as that instead of a genuine joke.

If it were made like the one you did on the 2nd. page, there'd be nothing.
    It was mockery. Granted, I meant it, genuinely, as a harmless jest in response to the OP, but, still.... yeah, mockery.

Edit:
    Years of living on a farm, killing cattle, killing chickens, grabbing eggs in the morning.... what can I say, this shit is funny to me.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2019-12-21 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    That's not what i said, I asked why you're being so hostile towards me. And you still are. I was merely trying to have a conversation, and you've been an aggressive ass bag for no reason. So I was asking why.

- - - Updated - - -

No, but considering there's only really about 3 million vegans in the US its a safe bet you've not encountered so many of them that you can pass judgement on them in total as you have.

Its funny that you can make the claim you have about vegans, but I cannot assume you haven't met very many.
    More assumptions. Why would you assume I'm from the US? How is bolded text relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    More assumptions. Why would you assume I'm from the US? How is bolded text relevant?
    There are generally not MORE vegans in other countries.

But again, you're making assumptions about vegans, but I'm crazy for making assumptions about you?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Oh god cause tobacco is a plant too! Fuck, this world isn't getting scary.
    (No, I don't smoke. Never been a smoker. Thank god, considering the pain I would have caused to those poor tobacco leaves.)
    Bread, pasta, rice, tomato sauce, pesto, sugar, oil, garlic, chocolate ..... all plants too!

But again, you're making assumptions about vegans, but I'm crazy for making assumptions about you?
    A lot of poeple hold those assumptions because most of the vegans who fall under the ''normal people'' category generally keep quiet about it, because the radical and preachy vegans are the loudest and has most outreaching behaviour and have given them a bad reputation for the most part.
    So the vegans most people generally encounter tends to biased towards the outreaching vegans.

So while his assumptions are biased, can still hold some validity, because the obnoxious ones are the ones you often encounter unsolicited.

What assumptions am I making?

7+ Year Old Account
    Some of you guys are way TOO fucking serious about this.

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    It makes perfect sense, you just choose not to see the logic because doing so would leave you feeling like a hypocrite. 99% of meat eaters would oppose (most violently) a higher intelligence replacing humans at the top of the food chain if it meant human meat could become an industry. You know this to be true, why deny it?
    No aliens evolved to eat humans.

I wouldn’t want aliens eating us because that means dying lol.

Comparing cows to humans btw is woefully just silly.

Also I have medical reasons to avoid most grains, nuts, and vegetables so.... I’m a hypocrite because I live?

- - - Updated - - -

You eat meat because of flavor. You're ok with death, simply because it tastes good.

If someone offered you two different bowls of ice cream/cake/pastry/whatever, one with your favorite flavor and one with a flavor you're just ok with, and said you can choose either, but if you choose your favorite flavor, this puppy will be killed....most people would choose the other flavor. However, when offered a real burger versus an impossible burger, they will choose the real burger knowing full well a cow was slaughtered to provide that.
    Real burger taste better... and is complete protein.

I can’t eat a lot of things, medical issues, so am I now bad for eating meat instead of the stuff that makes me sick? Interesting.

Stop placing mortality in fucking food, it’s sad.

What assumptions am I making?
    Right here:
    Because they get on your case about everything from food to lifestyle to fur.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Real burger taste better... and is complete protein.

I can’t eat a lot of things, medical issues, so am I now bad for eating meat instead of the stuff that makes me sick? Interesting.

Stop placing mortality in fucking food, it’s sad.
    Beyond burgers have the same amount of protein as real burgers.

It is sad. It is sad that 15 billion animals have to die every year because you like one flavor over another.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Right here:
    They have done that to me. Where is the assumption?

I need to correct myself, they did not pester me about fur, it was leather.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2019-12-21 at 07:41 PM.

They have done that to me. Where is the assumption?

I need to correct myself, they did not pester me about fur, it was leather.
    So one or two did that to you, and it is ok to say they are that way, but considerably more meat eaters have mischaracterized vegans to me so I can't assume you are also doing that?

Honestly, I'm not sure how you aren't seeing the double standard here.

So one or two did that to you, and it is ok to say they are that way, but considerably more meat eaters have mischaracterized vegans to me so I can't assume you are also doing that?

it could be one or two, or twenty. You dont know.
    But as i mentioned in my last reply, those you usually have unsolicited strange encounters with tend to be the preachy, pushy and outreaching ones.
    And just as a remark, based on how you are in this thread, you're really not doing anything good in regards to his assumptions.

it could be one or two, or twenty. You dont know.
    But as i mentioned in my last reply, those you usually have unsolicited strange encounters with tend to be the preachy, pushy and outreaching ones.
    And just as a remark, based on how you are in this thread, you're really not doing anything good in regards to his assumptions.
    It has been my experience that almost 100% of the encounters I have had with meat eaters go the complete other way then you're describing. What do you think is the larger number, the amount fo meat eaters I encounter or the amount fo vegans you encounter, be honest.

Secondly, I challenge you to go back in this thread and start from the very first post and go forward and see who brought up what first. See who was being preachy first. I'm not accosting anyone, I am talking about this in a thread that I didn't start nor did I bring veganism into.

This is exactly my point, so much of what you guys rewrite in your heads as vegans betting preachy starts the complete other direction, and you don't even see it.

Right here:

- - - Updated - - -

Beyond burgers have the same amount of protein as real burgers.

It is sad. It is sad that 15 billion animals have to die every year because you like one flavor over another.
    Raw numbers doesn’t translate... 30 grams of progy protein doesn’t equal 30 grams of pea protein.

Also you failed to address my medical issues.

I did not say all vegans were like that, I said some were friendly. I am saying many more than 2 did that to me.

I'm not responsible for the conduct of other meat eaters. Don't assume I don't see the double standard. Stop deflecting. Once again I ask you, where is the assumption I made?

It has been my experience that almost 100% of the encounters I have had with meat eaters go the complete other way then you're describing. What do you think is the larger number, the amount fo meat eaters I encounter or the amount fo vegans you encounter, be honest.

Secondly, I challenge you to go back in this thread and start from the very first post and go forward and see who brought up what first. See who was being preachy first. I'm not accosting anyone, I am talking about this in a thread that I didn't start nor did I bring veganism into.

This is exactly my point, so much of what you guys rewrite in your heads as vegans betting preachy starts the complete other direction, and you don't even see it.
    I know plenty of people that are vegan or vegetarian that are not preachy or radical.
    The main difference is that you'd never know that they are vegans till you get to know them, or have to eat food with them.
    If you ask them why they're vegan they'll explain it form their point of view, but they'd never come with remarks such as
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakande
    in order to guilt you.
    They keep it down-low because it's generally met with resistance. i agree that a lot of meat eaters are no better, quite a bunch of them are just as big assholes as the radical vegans. i literally just took a stance on it when i perceived that calli might be doing the usual meater mocking vegan bs; it has no place from either side.
    And you literally did bring up veganism in your first post, and then continued to bring up arguments and opinions often uttered by people who have a plant-based diet.

But it still doesn't change the fact that the vegans you see arguing on social media, in the news, demonstrating and those that you often meet unsolicited in short strange encounter in the real world tend to be of the preachy or militant type, because the moderates often keep it quiet.
    Last edited by freezion; 2019-12-21 at 08:14 PM.

Here we go again, who is preaching what?

I did not say all vegans were like that, I said some were friendly. I am saying many more than 2 did that to me.

I'm not responsible for the conduct of other meat eaters. Don't assume I don't see the double standard. Stop deflecting. Once again I ask you, where is the assumption I made?
    I mean most people eat meat and most people I have come across don't really care about vegans... it is totally a "whatever" topic, that is until the vegans become preachy, saying you're killing the world, and are an immoral prick because you eat chicken... that's where the disconnect happens.

One side is putting morality on food and one side isn't.

Non-moral vegans aren't preachy as fuck, but it seems most are the moral types.

Raw numbers doesn’t translate... 30 grams of progy protein doesn’t equal 30 grams of pea protein.

Also you failed to address my medical issues.
    I don't know what your medical issues are. I have no idea what you can or cannot eat. If you really have medical issues, then eat what you must to survive. As I said before, do the least amount of harm possible.

But whatever your medical issue is, it is not the norm and not common enough to justify the amount of animals slaughtered. Also, if you were being honest here, you would know that your unique case isn't really relevant tot he discussion at hand.

- - - Updated - - -

I know plenty of people that are vegan or vegetarian that are not preachy or radical.
    The main difference is that you'd never know that they are vegans till you get to know them, or have to eat food with them.
    If you ask them why they're vegan they'll explain it form their point of view, but they'd never come with remarks such as
    in order to guilt you.
    They keep it down-low because it's generally met with resistance. i agree that a lot of meat eaters are no better, quite a bunch of them are just as big assholes as the radical vegans.
    And you literally did bring up veganism in your first post, and then continued to bring up arguments and opinions often uttered by people who have a plant-based diet.

But it still doesn't change the fact that the vegans you see arguing on social media, in the news, demonstrating and those that you often meet unsolicited in short strange encounter in the real world tend to be of the preachy or militant type, because the moderates often keep it quiet.
    I ma fucking talking in a thread about this stuff. I didn't walk up to you and just insert my beliefs into your face. And again, stop ignoring the fact that meat eaters were the ones to bet preachy in here before a single vegan even posted. That is just bad faith on your part that you're ignoring it.

- - - Updated - - -

Here we go again, who is preaching what?
    Oh fucking stop it. You are purposely being a hypocrite now. I made a similar observation as you. If what i did was preachy, then what you did was preachy.

For the rest of it, read the damn thread. No vegan got preachy until meat eaters started preaching AND getting insulting. It is right there for all to see.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean most people eat meat and most people I have come across don't really care about vegans... it is totally a "whatever" topic, that is until the vegans become preachy, saying you're killing the world, and are an immoral prick because you eat chicken... that's where the disconnect happens.

One side is putting morality on food and one side isn't.

Non-moral vegans aren't preachy as fuck, but it seems most are the moral types.
    Read the thread.

Meat eaters were preaching first. This is how it ALWAYS goes. We get attacked and you guys claim we're being preachy when we defend ourselves. ALWAYS! Just like this thread.