Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    citation needed,i highly doubt they sold almost as much as the legion pet this fast,first off we know for a fact legion had more players,and secondly the pets arent even close to being worth the same,one is a awsome fel cat
    Its not about pets, it about 2 toys, the transmog beacon and the fireworks.

Each of these toys was prices at $10 dollar and 25% of that would go to the MDI and Blizzcon WoW Arena Championships, to thats $2.50 per toy addin to the prizepool.

In the end the prizepool was $660000 ( https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...ls-at-blizzcon )

So thats 660000 / 2.5 = 264000 toy sales to generate that prizepool. Now i don't know what the conversion rates are for mediocre toys to sell like this, but i doubt more than a few % of the playerbase would buy stuff like this.

Are Classic players so desperate nowadays that they have to resort to conspiracy threads or "RETAIL SUXXX U MAD BRUH" threads (pathetic try to draw attention, retail players don't give a single fuck about classic)? I thought "games vs games" threads weren't allowed, but they are allowed when it's Classic people shitting on retail?
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-12-21 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    Nice bait
    The best part was him claiming that there were under 1M players worldwide.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

15+ Year Old Account
    classic team must be 2 guys whose job is to be sure the servers got electricity and 2 to upload patches

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You... do know the original WoW creators... were EverQuest raiders and guild leaders, right? Right?
    "WoW was the first mmo" is a meme that has existed since time immemorial.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    citation needed,i highly doubt they sold almost as much as the legion pet this fast,first off we know for a fact legion had more players,and secondly the pets arent even close to being worth the same,one is a awsome fel cat
    Just look up the recent scandal from MDI. They made about 2.2 or 2.4mil from the toys sales that were added in march or something and left the prize at 600k.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    I thought "games vs games" threads weren't allowed, ?
    Since there is nothing new to talk about Classic or never will,
    We went around all the subjects in the past 3 months, they let this topic open just to shitpost and make some action or else this forum section will die much like Classic after 3 months.

It's just like a PvP vs PvE or Alliance vs Horde something something

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    It's pretty annoying that you can just review a post history and know that someone is baiting, but cannot point it out without being infractioned. It is what it is though.
    In this case you don't even need the post history.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Nice.

Honestly, if I was working on Retail WoW I would be ashamed. They literally spent 15 years making the game worse. And now they see the proof with Classic being probably (based on online players statistics) actually more popular than Retail.

People don't want a transmog / mount collection game. People want a real MMORPG with social elements and gold being something people actually caring about.

Shadowlands is the same shit different zones. About time they wake up, and don't just blame "mmorpgs are not poular these days".

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    It was the first mainstream successful MMO. EQ is to WoW what the DotA game mode for WC3 is to League of Legends.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Nice.

Honestly, if I was working on Retail WoW I would be ashamed. They literally spent 15 years making the game worse. And now they see the proof with Classic being probably (based on online players statistics) actually more popular than Retail.

People don't want a transmog / mount collection game. People want a real MMORPG with social elements and gold being something people actually caring about.

Shadowlands is the same shit different zones. About time they wake up, and don't just blame "mmorpgs are not poular these days".
    There is absolutely zero proof that Classic is outperforming retail. And it only seems to matter to weird fucking people who are unnaturally obsessed with their preferred version of WoW beating the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Yeah, some people are having a great deal of difficulty understanding the differences between "the" and "my", apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Nice.

There is zero evidence for your claims. And your opinion≠People.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I used an actual in game argument you just typed some random nonsense that wasn't even a coherent string of words.
    It's called an analogy. If you don't know what those are, the rest of the words are pretty wasted on you.

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Lemme get out my checklist.
    *"Dipped below 1 million", check
    *Heelsvsbabyface video, check
    *Disproven leaks, check
    *Fairly new account, check.

You guys need new material, it gets dull seeing the same joke over and over.
    This post is where the thread should have stopped.

But Classic Team is probably just a bunch of engineers and programmers, I bet it's smaller than Hearthstone Team.

The "TRUE" Classic team is probably all gone by now. I mean, the developers that did all the job back in the 2000s.

But I agree that WoW is in a very bad state right now, it's no longer a popular game like a few years ago, and while I do understand why people don't like Babyface, he's is right when he says that Blizzard is stuck in their mindset and all these surveys are pointless.

Anyway, I think we have to accept that the WoW era is over and both the popularity and the population of the game will keep declining further in the coming years.

It's over.

Isn't there just one WOW team?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Isn't there just one WOW team?
    No, see, the Classic team is a bunch of clones of the retail team, except with lower-resolution textures.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Ahahhahahahhahahahaha...

Oh my god, I think he's serious. This is hilarious. I'm gonna be chuckling about this for a good long while.
    LMFAO i know right the op is such a retard.

10+ Year Old Account
    This hasn't remotely been a good thread, closing.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)