Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    stupid sexy warrior cooldown spam + Draught of Souls

Blame the class designers and how they allowed warriors to macro so many shit into trinket abuse.

EVERYONE COMPLAINED about it.

How the hell can you forget the Draught of Souls shitshow in legion? Its just the last expansion and it was not even the worst macro-cooldown abuse there was in this game.
    Not everyone, just the jelly people. "Blizz you need to NERF X class" has been around as long as I've been playing and will be around. Sure there are times where things get a little more sideways than usual, but the GCD change just wasn't the right fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    but the GCD change just wasn't the right fix.
    What solution do you have in mind for the cooldown/macro spam of the past?

It was either slow down the stupid specs or destroy them completly. And btw most people that complained actually played warrior, since the class was not funcionable without DoS. It was stupid OP for those who had it and could press 1 macro and it was awfull for those without the RNG luck for a drop/roll.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    (snip)

Are you insinuating that gamers ought to earn their right to play Blizzard games?
    Not at all!

Playing a game is entertainment. If you get to the point where if feels like work, then maybe it's time to step back or do something different. Work is something you do that you may or may not enjoy which hopefully you're good at, and you get paid to do it.

3+ Year Old Account
    I did, that's why I gave up on Retail. If you love having many alts instead of one clear-cut main, you just need to play too much in order to stay competetive. Too many useless dailies, reputation grinds, absurd war campaign on every single toon, being forced of doing a high mythic plus for the weekly chest...It was too much. That's why I love playing a more casual friendly game, Classic WoW.

It's totally the same as in the start. If u miss one day of leveling you are one day behind to reach max level, missed one day of bgs, u will be one day behind getting your S2 shoulders, u miss one day AP farm, u will be one day behind reaching neck level 70, u miss one day of WQs or dailies or a dungeon runs, u will be one day behind reaching exalted.
    What game is offering now, some rewards for doing stuff, which you fall behind in getting, if you dont login, but it's nothing new and those are mostly minor rewards anyway. You make it a job yourself.

When it did, I took a 3 year break (WoD) and it was wonderful. I came back feeling refreshed and actually excited to play. I didn't like anything in WoD so logging in every day to do shit in my Garrison for the two weeks I was subbed literally felt like a job, so I unsubbed. It's that simple. If you no longer enjoy doing something, take a break from it. I don't understand this Stockholm syndrome people have towards recreational activities. It's not your job, you can stop watching, playing or doing something that you no longer enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. The moment it's chores-like and not for fun, I stop playing.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    Agreed.

But you have to take in account those employees who like to brown-nose their boss as well, there are plenty of them here at MMO-C.

For example the first reply in the thread.
    Where did I brown-nose Blizzard? I'm genuinely curious.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, because I play games for Fun. If it's feeling like a Job, reassess your life and your priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    If today is a job, Vanilla/TBC was torture. Maybe people are just getting tired of doing the same shit 15 years in a row? What I found very fun 2-5-12 years ago I find less fun today, like farming leather, rep or fixing attunements for new plebs. Go figure.

Are there chores in game? Sure, it's an MMO. But if you treat it like a job, then it's time for a break. In the guild we have 15 year old veterans that have been tired of the game for several years and are now taking breaks. They love raiding and doing dungeons, but all the other stuff which isn't very progressive like quests, dailies, rep and farming stuff is getting boring after 15 years. They are chores in the right sense, but in game chores, where you sit on your ass. I guess if you work at a computer all day it might feel the same.

It will be wise with a break.
    people have 1 single huge problem

they play 1 game for years without any break and complain that they are burned out without realising they are.

solution is simple - just quit wow for year or 2- if you dont it will never get better.

but sad truth is people are waaaaay to addicted to wow by now to just take a break

instead this they make endless threads whining for blizzard to do something , anything to make them enjoy game again .

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The problem isn't your boss. It's the fact that your co-workers hate their job so fucking much they blame their boss for their own self-inflicted misery.
    Absolutely incorrect.

And yes, WoW pretty much became a job in TBC when they introduced daily quests. It just got worse from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Absolutely incorrect.

And yes, WoW pretty much became a job in TBC when they introduced daily quests. It just got worse from there.
    Because God forbid people have a reason to log into the game that isn't "AFK in Org." I don't like dailies but I can't see how you think such a ridiculously reductive argument is remotely constructive.

So....this game was always like this. But are worse games. My sister played kind of browser zoo, she had to do a lot thing for example for friends or guild to keep "status" or membership (forced by game mechanism).
    Personally i stopped forcing myself to do any daily quest in game, stopped regular raiding(this made me feel game is a job) etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    I agree with you and my problem is the way they do time gating. Say you can only play on weekends you are completely screwed compared to someone who can log in and do the daily chores in zones like nazjatar or mechagon. Even if you have unlimited time on weekends theres no way to recover if you cant dump an hour or so in every day. I don't mind a grind when you can grind at your own pace whether its no life or in tiny chunks but when its stuff like the arbitrary hold the hand of this follower for 3 missions each day for a month to get your essence I don't have fun with that.
    That's like complaining that someone who works 7 days a week is paid more than someone who works twice a week. If you want to be paid more, work more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

So not sure if most of you skimmed over the majority of what I have said, or are just trying to start arguments. But the examples I gave were just to get my point across. The main point is, regardless of the expansion they seem to add or remove systems that "most" people either didn't ask or want to be added, or genuinely missed when removed.

Im saying at times it can be as frustrating as a real work place, when all of us not running the place can see clear as day what would make it better ( the simple stuff any dummy could point out ), but the people running the show for whatever reason continue to ignore feedback or input of its workers ( players ).

But yeah this wasn't a pure essence or GCD thread, we have plenty of those. there are ton of examples considering how many times they try to reinvent the wheel per expansion and remove good systems and leave bad. And the first line talks about how I obviously don't think the grind or time put in rivals a real work place, so stop bringing up how I think it's a real job and read the thread.

Didn't quote anyone because half of you went severely off topic all fired up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    When it did, I took a 3 year break (WoD) and it was wonderful. I came back feeling refreshed and actually excited to play. I didn't like anything in WoD so logging in every day to do shit in my Garrison for the two weeks I was subbed literally felt like a job, so I unsubbed. It's that simple. If you no longer enjoy doing something, take a break from it. I don't understand this Stockholm syndrome people have towards recreational activities. It's not your job, you can stop watching, playing or doing something that you no longer enjoy.
    Exactly this, it started getting boring for me (never happened in any expansion before BfA though) and I logged in maybe for a few minutes to check things out. maybe do a weekly and that's it. I felt like I needed a break so I unsubbed and will sub again when I feel the time or patch or espansion is right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Becoming?

Bruh. It's been like that since day one.
    If you're just noticing it now, then you're a little slow to the mound.

No. It's a job if you make commitments in the game (such as raiding with a guild on a scheduled basis etc.). It's not a job if you're not tied to a schedule and just play when you feel like it. Since 2012'ish, I've been playing more free-to-play MMORPGs and I still follow WoW news, watch some Twitch streams of it, play on some free servers from time to time etc. It doesn't feel like a job when you don't make any commitments.

A Mod can go ahead and close this thread, I think it's gone over most peoples heads. People are literally reading the title and dropping 10 chars.

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Exactly this, it started getting boring for me (never happened in any expansion before BfA though) and I logged in maybe for a few minutes to check things out. maybe do a weekly and that's it. I felt like I needed a break so I unsubbed and will sub again when I feel the time or patch or espansion is right.
    You didn't mention Shadowlands so I'm guessing the vibes aren't good. =P