Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Noooooooope. If that floats your boat then more power to you, but it’s not for me.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

Aren't gender threads against the rules? Or are genderlless threads safe from action?

Would that be Neuchacho.

If people start calling themselves non human, are we gonna change our societal identity all over again to please a marginal number?

I don't care if people wanna call themselves whatever they wanna be. That's fine. But when their crazy choices start affecting everyone as a society than I have a issue with it.

Don't bring real-world GARBAGE into a video-game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Aesthetics is all that matter to me, I really don't care for the gender.

Sure, I see no problem. But I would love that Blizzard would put extra effort in it to make it extra polished, because a race with only one gender is nearly half the work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i thought dwarfs are genderless, thought they only have choice of beard or no beard, are you now telling me the beardless dwarfs are actually female?!
    The beardless ones are actually the males...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Imo, genderless races are, in some ways, arguably more fun and interesting than normal ones. Mainly because creativity in their design isn't limited to human-like dimorphism. Meaning the race can be whatever you want instead of looking like this:

Not even just speaking about WoW now, just with games and fantasy in general. I don't think someone would have any less fun playing a mechanical golem with 4 legs and 8 arms, or an abstract looking alien, or surreal beings that evolved from plants without any human-like features. Those are just examples of the kind of things you could do if you weren't railroaded by just humanoid traits entirely. No more neon colored skinny humans with long ears, or buff/fat people being considered an entire race, etc etc.

Tabletop rpgs are really great with creativity for player races. All of those concepts i described and more are possible in most of them. There are actually pretty interesting ways a lot of the unqiue or genderless races work in Pathfinder and DnD for example, that I think a lot of different stories in movies, games, etc could take inspiration from when it comes to other races, esp playable ones..
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2019-12-22 at 09:00 AM.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

Sure, but I'd also like a race where they turn stereotypes around - as in many animal species, the female is the larger and stronger one.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Don't bring real-world GARBAGE into a video-game!
    Last i looked, there is no sapient genderless species in the real world.

Certainly. I'd love the option. Arakkoa or ethereals could technically have genders, but don't change the models with it. One idea for drakonids is that they too look the same regardless of gender, but have two models, the bulkier classic drakonid and the leaner worgen-rigged Cataclysm-era "dragon men". These are all very cool options.

Quote Originally Posted by DietzThought View Post
    Sure, but I'd also like a race where they turn stereotypes around - as in many animal species, the female is the larger and stronger one.
    Night Elf society is matriarchal. Not only are they primarily ruled over by Tyrande, but for a long part of their history only women could be Sentinels and Priestesses, while men could only be Druids. Even in their recent history where those norms were broken down, the Wardens are still an all-female organization in night elf culture (as far as we have seen at least).

I guess you're more referring to physical appearance than position in society, in that case, the closest WoW race I can think of which might fit that bill would be either Vrykul maybe?
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2019-12-22 at 09:28 AM.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Some non-humanoid genderless race would be awesome. Although displaying gear on it might be harder lul.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

5+ Year Old Account
    I know plants have genders too, but some plants have both genders at the same time, so a plant like race could be 'genderless' in appeareance.

Raptor females are usually larger then the males. The arakkoa could fit with this.

Two genders is normal. Why do you want something abnormal?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Last i looked, there is no sapient genderless species in the real world.
    I don't think so either. My comment was aimed at the gender issues going on in real-life being garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    Two genders is normal. Why do you want something abnormal?
    Not every species is sexually dimorphous though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

We need frog people who reproduce asexually because uh, life, uh, finds a way. You're welcome, Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Not every species is sexually dimorphous though.
    Conflating sex and gender there