Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Patch 8.3 PTR - Black Empire Campaign Part 3 - Legendary Cloak Unlock Scenario

Patch 8.3 PTR - Black Empire Campaign Part 3 - Legendary Cloak Unlock Scenario
    Continuing from our previous coverage, the next step of the Black Empire Campaign has you delving into Blackwing Descent to create your legendary cloak with Wrathion.

• Magni asks you to meet him outside the Halls of Origination. Upon arriving he doesn't see anything unusual and and gives the quest "Investigating the Halls" asking you to investigate the anomaly in the Halls of Origination. You once again go inside the instance but find the roof caving in. Magni tells MOTHER to teleport you out, but she can't lock on to a place.
    • Magni teleports outside and has her lock on to him to use as a teleport. You arrive outside and see the anomaly ahead. Upon reaching it and interacting with the obelisk of N'Zoth, you are transported into a horrific vision and your sanity quickly drains as you try to resist. Wrathion tells you to hold on and has MOTHER initiate an evacuation protocol to bring you back to the Chamber of Heart.
    • Wrathion says that N'Zoth getting access to the forge would be catastrophic and that you need protection to help from his corruption. He says you need an object of pure corruption to do so, and knows of the existence of a Corrupt Black Dragonscale in Blackwing Descent that will do the trick. His agent had been watching over it but has recently gone silent, so he believes we are not the only ones with this knowledge. He gives you the quest "Beginning the Descent" and has you meet him there.
    • When you arrive, Wrathion finds his agent murdered and realizes N'Zoth is one step ahead of you. He says grief will have to wait, and you press on inside the instance. Inside, you take out a servant of N'Zoth who is blocking the way with void. Upon going down the elevator, Dark Inqusitor Xanesh taunts you and Wrathion, saying the work of Wrathion's fallen kin will not go to waste. Wrathion comments on the suffering being inflicted upon the dragons when studying a nearby failed experiment.
    • You are tasked with eliminating the cultists conducting research while Wrathion brings down the barrier. Inside the alchemy lab you find Extractor Thelsara performing experiments on whelps and take her out. In the Den of the Devourer you find the Spawn of Shad'har, who feeds on failed experiments. You kill him and head to reunite with Wrathion.
    • You then protect Wrathion as he brings down the barrier protecting the next area, and then enter to find Vexiona, who says the black dragonflight was unworthy of the master's gifts, but Wrathion can still be of use to him. Dark Inquisitor Xanesh portals in and exclaims that Wrathion will fare no better than his father at resisting the old gods. She teleports away after sucking him into a void portal, and you are tasked with defeating two failed experiment dragons Velinaria and Dreliana.
    • In heading back to the main chamber, you find Dark Inquisitor Xanesh using Wrathion to try and raise Nefarion and Onyxia to serve N'Zoth. You kill 4 channels holding him in place, and Wrathion turns into his dragonf orm, telling Xanesh she can't break him like she broke his father. He unleashes his flames on her, and she taunts him before teleporting out.
    • Wrathion underestimated the hold that the Old Gods still have over the black dragonflight, and says there was little he could do to resist, but he will not allow his flight to be corrupted again. He lowers the lava in the pool below so that you can destroy the remains of Nefarion and Onyxia. He tells you to recover their scales in the process as they will aid us in protecting Azeroth. He then tells you to return to him in the Chamber of Heart. A nearby failed experiment will fly you right back.
    • Turning in the dragon scales to Wrathion rewards you with your legendary cloak, Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve. He says that this cloak is all that remains of his once proud flight, and though they were corrupted in life, they will shield you in death.
    • You are given the quest "Deeper into Darkness" in which you must speak to MOTHER to return to the Halls of Origination and discover the source behind the anomaly with you newfound cloak protecting you. You delve deeper into the vision and take out a tentacle guarding the elevator before using it to rise to the control chamber. You find Ysedra the Darkener trying to corrupt it, and must stop her. MOTHER then activates the nearby teleporter to bring you back.
    • Upon arriving back in the Chamber of Heart, you find Ra-den impressed with MOTHER's ability to reconfigure the Engine of Nalak'sha to power the Forge of Origination. He wants to discuss it further, and she schedules the conversation for the next available cycle. Wrathion gives you the quest "Descending Into Madness" and tasks you with seeking of a Vision of N'Zoth amidst the corruption in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms or Uldum to discover what the future holds for Azeroth.

This patch release couldn't be any slower. I feel like I have already played it and got bored of it. I think It will be quite a disappointment after such a long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrias2x View Post
    This patch release couldn't be any slower. I feel like I have already played it and got bored of it. I think It will be quite a disappointment after such a long wait.
    Then don't play it. No one is forcing you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Kek, Ra-Den hitting on Mother

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Then don't play it. No one is forcing you.
    Well said!

I'm not even going to do this questline, just level Vulpera and do the N'zoth raid on LFR and that'll be it for BfA for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wonder how long it will take to get a fully upgraded lvl 15 cloak

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Kek, Ra-Den hitting on Mother
    That is the real reason why he turns to the dark side. Mother isn't interested in romance :P

Quote Originally Posted by Agrias2x View Post
    Sadly, that's kind of how I'm feeling with it too. Going from Legion, which actually had fairly fast patch cycles, even if those patches were sometimes small, felt like there was always a goal. In BfA, things are moving along at a snails pace and it feels like they just wrapped up story lines willy-nilly. This B story line has been so drawn out that it hardly feels worth it anymore when the Black Empire gets crushed in one expansion wrap up patch before going off to a completely different story in Shadowlands.

I hope the content of this patch is good at least, the visions are pretty much going to be one of (if not really the only judging by how little info we have) the main focuses in Shadowlands with Torghast tower. If they're crap in 8.3, the next expansion is going to be a really hard sell for me.

My alts crying xD

Man I really hope some parts of this are account wide. Going through this whole thing to get the cloak on all my alts sounds miserable, absolutely no idea why Blizzard seems to always be so against the idea of alts while simultaneously releasing next to no content the entire expansion, makes me wonder what they expect people to be doing when they log on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Man I really hope some parts of this are account wide. Going through this whole thing to get the cloak on all my alts sounds miserable, absolutely no idea why Blizzard seems to always be so against the idea of alts while simultaneously releasing next to no content the entire expansion, makes me wonder what they expect people to be doing when they log on.
    With an entire year looming before 9.0 goes lives, and even a solid 5-6 months before we even see a Beta, you bet your a$$ that it will NOT be account wide and we'll have to drag all our alts through this.

What awaits is the rewards and game play from Visions. IF rewards are not close to Mage Tower, then there's no point to do alts. And if gameplay is not amazing, SL is already set for a bad start.

No effects on the cloak? Just boring ass stats? I couldn't be more disappointed.

i really hope this cloak is upgradable

plain stats legendary item is dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    That is the real reason why he turns to the dark side. Mother isn't interested in romance :P
    Does that make Ra Den an incel?

Why does the Legendary cloak not have a socket?

10+ Year Old Account
    A CLOAK??? AGAIN???

Didn't Blizzard learn from MoP where people raged against a legendary cloak?

Us having a legendary cloak means those won't drop from weekly chests? Because it would be meeeega shit to get those. It's shit now, looking at my 430 DH with 450 socket cloak while getting 445 cloak out of the chest.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have 1 comment, lol.

What has wow become?

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Us having a legendary cloak means those won't drop from weekly chests? Because it would be meeeega shit to get those. It's shit now, looking at my 430 DH with 450 socket cloak while getting 445 cloak out of the chest.
    Apparently cloaks don't even drop in the raid, and they are taken off the loot table for the weekly m+ chest . Could always change but i doubt it, looks likely this won't be an issue and they have learnt from past mistakes.