Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How long did you enjoy each expansion for?

Vanilla: N/A
    Burning Crusade: 1 year (joined mid BC)
    Wrath of the Lich King: 2 years
    Cataclysm: 1 year
    Mists of Pandaria: 1 year 6 months
    Warlords of Draenor: 5 months
    Legion: 7 months
    Battle for Azeroth: 4 months (quit until Shadowlands)

Wrath and Legion I stuck around for close to their full run. WoD was probably my shortest stay, 4 months.

all full run. never interrupted sub since start in 2005.

most enjoyed vanilla and TBC.
    second most MoP.

TBC, Wrath, Cata, MoP (skipped first patch i believe) - full or nearly full life cycle, have fun and stuff do to (and wanted to do that because it was fun) and played till the end. Still remember running Uthgard Keep heroic daily when somebody droped the worgen/goblin race bomb and was sure they are joking

Since then i just sub in and out. Mostly out, Legion was fun but there was the material fatigue for me. BFA is so far really meh and dont worth my sub.

Vanilla/TBC/Wrath - From start to finish.
    Everything else? Generally speaking, they were all terrible at launch and got better with each patch. Usually enjoyed them the most during the last Tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Vanilla/TBC/Wrath - From start to finish.
    Everything else? Generally speaking, they were all terrible at launch and got better with each patch. Usually enjoyed them the most during the last Tier.
    I kinda would say that about every Blizzard game I've played, except maybe Overwatch(unless you count the release of competitive mode as launch, then ignore I mentioned Overwatch here).

That's just how hindsight works.

Personally, the only time I unsubbed (between Jan 2006 and now) was from the end of the first month of WoD to just after HFC was out. I was bored of the game. I also didn't play from the last raid of legion until mid BFA (came back as 8.2 was released) but that had nothing to do with the game

I didn't enjoy MoP and WoD(until HFC) very much because I didn't have a raid. I didn't do much of Cata after Firelands because no raid team. I spent all of WotLK looking for a guild that I enjoyed playing with, unsuccessfully. The only real memories of before that I have are of shenanigans that had more to do with not knowing how to play the game than anything, which is a lot of words to say novelty.

Played from beta of Vanilla to BFA. BFA didn't last more than a couple bosses into mythic Uldir. Playing again now, but I gave up on BFA and just leveling casually.

enjoyed WOTLK the most but for some odd reason i have played BFA for the longest (still playing). i think its probably cause i have a guild i really enjoy now.

Vanilla-Full
    BC-Full
    Wrath-Full
    Cata-First 3 months played every day. Quit due to life problems, came back little before dragonsoul for a few weeks before quitting again.
    Mists-Full.
    WoD-Full but didn't play daily due to lack of content. Mostly just weekend Arenas.
    Legion-Quit 3 months in. Came back every patch for a few weeks. Didn't play Last 7 months.
    BFA-Currently still subbed mostly so I can play a bit classic. BFA is my Least played Expo also my guilds of 13 years have both died this expo.

Vanilla - Wotlk enjoyed the entirety of it.
    Cataclysm 5-6months
    Mists - Entire thing
    WoD about 3months
    Legion fully
    BFA average about 2-3months.

10+ Year Old Account
    by enjoy how much i wanted to play or actually played? I'll assume how much i wanted to play
    vanilla : most of it, left twice (one even thought left game for good) because guild drama, didn't know any rl friends who play it
    tbc: all of it
    wrath: all of it
    cata: was very busy irl getting f8cked by glorious tyrannical military regime to focus on game, so no opinion (did play until first patch)
    mop: enjoyed it but last patch was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long
    wod: 1 month is more than enough for it
    legion: probably only exp i wish i played more of it, subbed most of its time
    BFA: even 1 day is more than enough (wod is worse, but wod already exhausted my patience for bad wow exp)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

All for their entire duration until Cataclysm, which I quit about 4 months into it, and then starting with MoP, I always quit during the last 6 months of an expansion due to having nothing to do because 6 hrs of raids per week, and some pvp, isn't exactly something that keeps me playing.

1. BfA is about to become my first expansion that I played from the very first day to the very end. My love for wow is at its peak currently.

2. About 1 year in Legion, also enjoyed that quite a bit (started in 7.2)

3.Wrath like 1 year also, started playing wow right after 3.2 was released and played until the end. That was my best time when it comes to friends I played with, the content wasn't on par with Legion/BfA though.

4. Cataclysm - couple months, quit right after Firelands release. Didn't have much fun in that expansion. Everything was just a pain to do, and was badly overtuned. You couldn't even do a dungeon properly with a pug and usually needed a full guild group because they were so mundane and hard.

5. Mop - 2 months from release. Was pretty fun but I had no active guild and these were the times before meaningful world content (Legion/BFA) so there was nothing to do once I got all my reputations to exalted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started in BC and in April of '07 so just in time for 2.1 when Black Temple came out in May.

1. BC: Played from then till the start of Wrath.

2. Wrath: Played it fully.

3. Cata: Played it until April or so of '11, quit, came back in late June to try Firelands stuff, quit after a month, didn't come back till November '11 for Dragon Soul, played for a bit but stopped. Came back when Mists of Pandaria was soon around August of '12.

4. MoP: Played until about halfway through 5.2 then quit for a bit. Came back for 5.3 in in May '13, played for a bit and quit. Didn't play again until 5.4 came out in September '13, quit shortly after around December or January of '14. Didn't play again until WoD was coming out soon, came back around August of '14.

5. WoD: Played from November '14 till about September or so of '15. Quit for a bit and came back in early '16. Quit again until June or so of '16.

6. Legion: Played all of it up till BFA's launch.

7. BFA: Played it up till about...a month or so ago or so as far as raiding and such. I've been subbed to it since it came out(thanks WoD and Legion mission gold) and am still subbed though I'm not playing currently. Bored of the game and 8.3 doesn't look interesting to me. I'm subbed till April '20 and then it runs out. I'll likely let it run out and resub when Shadowlands hits.
    Last edited by Ryuji; 2019-12-23 at 09:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Vanilla to Cata : 50% each
    MoP : 100%
    WoD : 25%
    Legion-BFA : 5%

5+ Year Old Account
    Full run for every xpac. To me, makes no sense rushing for few months than quit.

Vanilla: N/A
    Burning Crusade: full time (joined in the beginning but needed half time to level up)
    Wrath of the Lich King: full time
    Cataclysm: full time
    Mists of Pandaria: 6 month (the first month and the time after the last patch with daily removal was released)
    Warlords of Draenor: 1 month
    Legion: full time
    Battle for Azeroth: 4 months

The only time I was unsubbed from launch was the week before wrath till 4th week of Cata.

That was not because I didnt enjoy it, but the fact that I was playing so much I wasnt doing my homework for college. Had to pull the plug, graduate, get a stable job, then came back and have been subbed since. The most down times have been the end of TBC when I knew I had to quit, and right now. Im not going to unsub, but Im really hoping shadowlands turns things around. If its more BfA shit I'll start subbing for patches only.

Vanilla: Quit a couple weeks after Naxx
    Burning Crusade: Full thing
    Wrath of the Lich King: Quit after clearing Ulduar, came back for ICC
    Cataclysm: Cleared Firelands, quit after
    Mists of Pandaria: Only played while SoO was out
    Warlords of Draenor: Can't remember. Think my acc was active for the whole time, played veeeery casually
    Legion: Played until a week or two after Argus came out
    Battle for Azeroth: Cleared Uldum then quit

15+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: 1 year - started in 2006 jan, played very active until BC
    BC: full time very active hc raiding
    LK: full time until Ulduar, when my daughter was born, then I had to scale back. ToC was soo bad I actually canceled my sub first time since I've started playing.
    Cata: about 2 months, it was a pain
    MoP: about 2 months just solo, was not interested much
    WoD: 3 months maybe, it was a pain like Cata. This is when I realized raiding is no longer for me.
    Legion: maybe 6 months m+ and solo, it was quite great
    BfA: almost 1 year m+, it was OK
    Classic: 2 months - levelup then get bored in unchallenging and very slow PVE

BC is the king, clearly
    Last edited by Zka; 2019-12-23 at 09:47 AM.