Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arcane Crystal drop rate

Hello,

Has the drop rate changed since PvP went live? I was getting on average 1 crystal every 5 runs pre-pvp patch and made approx. 1500g from farming DME jump runs. Since the patch I have done 42 runs and only had 1 crystal drop. Has anyone else noticed any significant changes to the DR?

Got four crystals in 5 runs yesterday.

i mined 280 rich veins (*3,5) = 980 attempts and did not get a single one
    since then i got 10 in 80 (*3,5)

it is all rng

I got 20 of them today just riding around ungoro

When layering went away, mining lost a TON of value for me personally. All the good spots (for a non-stealth/ FD class) are just too damn crowded on my server (Mankrik)

Also, thorium prices kept going down, making me finally drop mining. If you do DME stuff, it may still be worth having.

Its pretty low
    People that get a crystal every dM e run are just lucky

Onyxia deep breaths more, too.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Ah, someone who remembers the old ways.

its random

i got a few the past day

got from 0 to 4 per night normally ... had one lucky night with 9 in around 6 hours but i know it wont happen again.. its more like 2-3 while grinding 4-5 hours

3% leaves enough room for RNG ... if i would really want them i would farm gold and buy them.. but since i farm them on my alt account while grinding AV i don't even care its all win win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    Hello,

Has the drop rate changed since PvP went live? I was getting on average 1 crystal every 5 runs pre-pvp patch and made approx. 1500g from farming DME jump runs. Since the patch I have done 42 runs and only had 1 crystal drop. Has anyone else noticed any significant changes to the DR?
    Every five runs?! Jesus. I’ve been running it for ages doing five an hour and we would go over 30 runs without a crystal or sapphire drop. This was pre patch too. It’s just RNG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    No joke we actually found it super strange that our two kills of her post patch had her deep breath both times when we had only seen one ever before then and that was our first kill of her months ago. I know it has to be RNG but man it was weird to go from never seeing one DB ever to one each kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitaen View Post
    i mined 280 rich veins (*3,5) = 980 attempts and did not get a single one
    since then i got 10 in 80 (*3,5)

it is all rng
    You saying you tapped a rich thorium vein 5 times?

15+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to real RNG.

For my spot.... it's probably about 1 per hour. I seem to get lucky early in each run then it's a bit of a slog for the second.
    For what it's worth, last night was my best run, saw at least 2 others doing my route, still came away with 3 crystals over.... probably 2 hours all told.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

All I know is...its not high enough...That Lionheart helm is costly
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    No joke we actually found it super strange that our two kills of her post patch had her deep breath both times when we had only seen one ever before then and that was our first kill of her months ago. I know it has to be RNG but man it was weird to go from never seeing one DB ever to one each kill.
    And Ive yet to see her deep breath.. your anecdotal experiences dont account for the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    And Ive yet to see her deep breath.. your anecdotal experiences dont account for the norm.
    So much this. Same for Arcane crystals. I've heard all kinds of weird statements like this. Drop rates didn't change. Boss mechanics didn't change.

I wasn't grinding all that much, either farming ores or mobs, but I got a binding last week now I feel like I should at least try to get as many of these as possible. but yes its painful, only 98 left to go :/ probably easier to farm the gold and buy the crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    Hello,

I had mining since launch of WoW Classic.

I have never, ever gotten an Arcane Crystal.

In fact, I have never even managed to find a rich thorium vein out in the world. Only managed to mine small thorium veins.

You can read more about my experience here:

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-firemaw/94102

Firemaw EU
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    No shit sherlock. That’s why I literally said I know it was RNG. Little slow bud.