Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Elune, imo, is something akin to a Titanic Observer, or something even greater.

But certainly titanic in origin, considering one of the Pillars of Azeroth is named "Tears of Elune".

In Tauren mythology, Mu'sha, AKA Elune, is the "Right Eye of the Earthmother", paired up with An'she, the "Left Eye of the Earthmother". Considering Azeroth is the world-soul, she might be the Earthmother, making Elune an observer/keeper/an unknown form of titanic creature of immense power, far greater than most keepers.
    "You stand at a dangerous crossroads. You can either stay here and be slaughtered by human hands... Or choose a darker path... To freedom."

Titan satelite, I suppose. I would love a plot twist that night elves' favourite goddess is just a machine controled by mechagnomes.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Hot take, knowing who/what Elune is, is less cool. I wish in retrospect all these high level god-esque beings were never solidified. We as player should be debating after 15 years, “Are the Titans real?”

i am hoping Elune, whenever she is eventually introduced and fleshed out, is an actual god-like, omnipresent being in the WoW universe. we had the titan pantheon at one time be considered gods of the universe but only gods in the sense of how they were viewed by their creations. we now know what they are, and them being opposed to the Burning legion and void lords.

then you have Elune with such mystery around her and her existence. when we get to the eventual light + void expansion, Elune is revealed to be an actual god/deity that precedes the universe itself.

so with Blizz stating that the WoW Chronicles are only as accurate as the Titan Pantheon knows it to be (being that it is in the Pantheon's eyes) the universe was created by the light and the void finally clashing and the ensuing "big bang" was the creation of the physical universe. i do hope it is revealed that Elune was the cause of this, much like most monotheistic religions view their God as the creator.

...or, at the very least, Elune could be revealed to be one of many other (or a few other) true "god/deity" beings in the universe. perhaps she is 1 god (the god of the Light) and there is one other that is the god of the void (even above the Void Lords)

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Hot take, knowing who/what Elune is, is less cool. I wish in retrospect all these high level god-esque beings were never solidified. We as player should be debating after 15 years, “Are the Titans real?”
    I couldn't agree more. Revealing the secrets make them far less cool than leaving them off the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WKOstarion View Post
    i am hoping Elune, whenever she is eventually introduced and fleshed out, is an actual god-like, omnipresent being in the WoW universe. we had the titan pantheon at one time be considered gods of the universe but only gods in the sense of how they were viewed by their creations. we now know what they are, and them being opposed to the Burning legion and void lords.

then you have Elune with such mystery around her and her existence. when we get to the eventual light + void expansion, Elune is revealed to be an actual god/deity that precedes the universe itself.

so with Blizz stating that the WoW Chronicles are only as accurate as the Titan Pantheon knows it to be (being that it is in the Pantheon's eyes) the universe was created by the light and the void finally clashing and the ensuing "big bang" was the creation of the physical universe. i do hope it is revealed that Elune was the cause of this, much like most monotheistic religions view their God as the creator.

...or, at the very least, Elune could be revealed to be one of many other (or a few other) true "god/deity" beings in the universe. perhaps she is 1 god (the god of the Light) and there is one other that is the god of the void (even above the Void Lords)
    I kinda thought maybe she was the light AND the void, like how the moon is full or when it's eclipsed, and that the nightwarrior is the darker side of elune.

Well, congrats. It's been 25 years and we now have even met the Titans

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope we kill her. Just nail the Night Elf lore shut like a coffin.
    With Shadowlands reminding me so much of the Planes of Power expansion in EverQuest, I could see her being an end boss in a raid. In Velious, the goddess of the elves was Tunare, and if you raided her as an elf or similarly good aligned being, you could never again go to your home city. You were killed on sight for defiling their goddess. That would be a really cool way to make your choices more dynamic but I doubt that blizzard has the stones for something like that. They would have to have a similar raid for those who would refuse to do that.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Its strange because:

1. Some of the lore ties her to a moon of the planet.
    2. Other parts of the lore tie her to the titans.
    3. Other parts of the lore tie her to the naaru.
    4. Still other parts of the lore tie her to the Void Lords.

If I was tasked with writing a story about Elune and had to include these concepts, I'd say her function is to block the Void Lords from entering the universe. The Void Lords seek to corrupt a titan soul and use it to kill Elune to gain access to the universe.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Titan satelite, I suppose. I would love a plot twist that night elves' favourite goddess is just a machine controled by mechagnomes.
    your "twist" is so horrible and painful not even blizzard can top it.

- - - Updated - - -

yea I also stated similar thing in topics before, the moment they say a single line about elunes identity it will ruin it forever.

elune is the closest thing we have to an actual god entity. she shows just enough (indirect ) interference so those who look for her (AKA night elves ) can believe in her and to those who dont care she just doesnt exist. the moment they make an ingame body or voice or any worldly being stuff for her she will be no more interesting than a typical naru IMO.

I think Elune is our realm's version of the Arbiter, she was the first sentience. The Titans didn't like that she controlled what happened to life, arrogantly thinking that their way of ordering the universe was better and fought against her, finally imprisoning her within one of Azeroth's moons. This is why Eonar's Pillar of Creation is the "Tears of Elune" instead of a tool specific to that Titan like the rest. The tears represent the incredibly sad and tragic act the Titans in their arrogance committed.

Even if that is not 100% accurate, she has to be something greater than the Titans. She's capable of manipulating (maybe even creating) entire constellations of stars. Not to mention that, due to the speed of light being a finite number, she also must have some degree of control over the flow of time.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingWarrior View Post
    But certainly titanic in origin, considering one of the Pillars of Azeroth is named "Tears of Elune".

In Tauren mythology, Mu'sha, AKA Elune, is the "Right Eye of the Earthmother", paired up with An'she, the "Left Eye of the Earthmother". Considering Azeroth is the world-soul, she might be the Earthmother, making Elune an observer/keeper/an unknown form of titanic creature of immense power, far greater than most keepers.
    Nah Elune is something far stronger then Titans, probably was there before Void, Light and everything like that was created, could even been the one who created the Void and Light.

Since Blizzard likes to borrow from others Elune is probably Wows version of Tolkiens Eru Ilúvatar who was the creator of all existence.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's how I feel about the Shadowlands. Like... they've laid out the entirety of WoW's afterlife and it's pretty freaking underwhelming. I feel like they should have left out aspects of death on Azeroth, instead of assigning literally every dead person to one of these limited factions. Death should be mysterious, just as it feels irl.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    That's how I feel about the Shadowlands. Like... they've laid out the entirety of WoW's afterlife and it's pretty freaking underwhelming. I feel like they should have left out aspects of death on Azeroth, instead of assigning literally every dead person to one of these limited factions. Death should be mysterious, just as it feels irl.
    Well they've got have reality-ending threats every xpac because they are afraid players will get bored otherwise. Fans are conditioned to expect it now.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Well they've got have reality-ending threats every xpac because they are afraid players will get bored otherwise. Fans are conditioned to expect it now.
    Oh shut up, the threat of C'thun in Classic was much more grand than Arthas years later.

WoW has always been about grand evil threats.
    It's not like it ain't a fantasy world with magic and shit and that's the whole point.

Ever wondered why the lord of the rings is not about Frodo's gardening hobby?

Stop acting like WoW used to be this Citizen Kane of storytelling that became fckin Suicide Squad.
    WoW has always been dumb AND epic and entertaining.
    Like most fantasy worlds.

I hope when our character meets a titan for the first time, it's like this

your character is standing near the edge of an extremely tall cliff overlooking the sea, and a giant stone structure rumbles and rises before you. At first it looks like rocks with plants and trees growing on it, maybe it's dripping with water having come out of the ocean. Your character's eyes dart all over the enormous structure, in attempt to take in and make sense of the mountainous thing they're seeing. Your character is shaking with fright while bracing in a singular stance, mouth agape. The thing lowers itself to to become eye-level with your character on the cliff, and finally in focus your character realizes he's starring eyes to eye with a real titan. A titan with seagulls flying around it as they would an island or giant ship or statue, seaweed dangling and dripping from it stony skin. The titan's eyes, massive boulders with holes for pupils. As the titan moves slowly, it's voice or language is undefinable, having never been heard before, it's like makes an ancient, whimsical sound, like crackling rocks, steam engine tunneling through an avalanche. *BOWOOooooo~crackling rocks~echoing grumble~WhOWummb~crackling rocks~playful tuba bellowing through crackling ice* This is the first true time your character has seen or interacted with a moving mountain of myth and legend. It extends a bridge sized finger to the cliff. You hesitate but it's boulder eyes instill a trust in you that you makes you cautiously know to cross. It takes you a minute to cross his finger and spread before you is a rumpled stone land - his hand. BwoWOOO~bock~wock~TOOOoo! It brings it's hand up to it's face, knocking you to your feet. It smiles a a crackly smile and places you back onto the earth. Standing in the ocean, head touching the clouds, it turns and fades into the background as it walks away. Your character, standing in awe, not sure what it just witnessed, but knowing they just made contact with a titan!

I think that would be a pretty epic and meaningful (if it's a cut scene that follows a long quest chain for a long lost original titan), first meeting between your character and a fable. Back in vanilla, this is always how I thought we'd meet one - a god like being waking up or rescued, finally appearing before us and bestowing a gift of thanks by letting us see it. An almost animal or instinctive being, humanoid yes, but with an intelligence beyond us, not needing or using words, and almost playful like a mighty, whimsical monk-like robot friend.

I think a mix is a good thing, but right now especially after Chronicle and direct confrontation with cosmic entities, Blizzard's gone way too far down the path of showing us exactly what these things are.

I think the reason we got an explantaion is because blizzard disagreed with this and thought, well it's been nearly 20 years, might aas well reveal this or flesh it out, lso it doesn't remain a mystery forever.

However it's okay for things to remain mysterious and to work hard to discover them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    They only said that the factiona are the major powers of the shadowlands. It's spose to be huge with endless places to be sorted

Elune is probably a void lord. Void god. Whatever they were called.

One that flipped to light for some reason. So... in other words, elune is the universe.

Gives another point of view on Tyrande using the darker side of elune...